bit-gamer.net

Deus Ex 3 trailer released

Deus Ex 3 trailer released

Eidos' new trailer for Deus Ex 3 has confirmed the 'Human Revoloution' subtitle.

Square Enix and Eidos have released a new teaser trailer for the highly anticipated Deus Ex 3 at the Game Developer's Conference in San Francisco.

The trailer was introduced by original game creator and now Disney game-maker Warren Spector, who sounded positive about the game.

While the video doesn't reveal any new game footage and appears totally pre-rendered, it does at least seem to be heading along the right lines in terms of mood; it's heavy with symbolism and embittered frowning. The trailer also confirms the rumoured subtitle for the game, Human Revolution.

Few specifics are known about the full game, but Deus Ex 3: Human Revolution is confirmed to be a prequel to the original game that'll focus on more obvious and limited forms of human upgrades to those seen in previous games. I.e. robot arms, rather than nanotechnology.

Deus Ex 3 is being developed for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC, but has no release date.


Check out the video below and then let us know what you think in the forums.

35 Comments

Discuss in the forums Reply
Fizzban 12th March 2010, 11:46 Quote
*Squeaks excitedly*
harveypooka 12th March 2010, 11:56 Quote
Hmmm. Needs in-game footage!
azrael- 12th March 2010, 11:58 Quote
Medieval catholicism coupled with Greek mythology. What more can you ask... :)

Well... I want the game ...NOW!

Gimme gimme... I neeeeeeeed!
Gunsmith 12th March 2010, 12:05 Quote
Im sorry but I cant get excited knowing its a multiplatform release.

I need to see more.
Lizard 12th March 2010, 12:11 Quote
I wannnts it my precioussss.... even though I suspect it will be terrible, ala Deus Ex 2.
greigaitken 12th March 2010, 12:15 Quote
i want those shades
eddtox 12th March 2010, 12:26 Quote
Nice trailer. Can't wait to see more :-)
kosch 12th March 2010, 12:27 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith
Im sorry but I cant get excited knowing its a multiplatform release.

I need to see more.

Yep I'm feeling the same!
Silver51 12th March 2010, 12:37 Quote
On one hand it looks like it's taking the right path; on the other, I'm fully expecting a shitty console port. I think I'll wait for you guys to do a video review.
Veles 12th March 2010, 12:40 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard
I wannnts it my precioussss.... even though I suspect it will be terrible, ala Deus Ex 2.

Invisible War wasn't that bad, it just wasn't amazingly awesome
theskirrid 12th March 2010, 13:07 Quote
IWar would have been a good game, if it had stood alone, but as a son of Deus Ex it just didn't quite cut it.
I always think of IWar as Jason Connery.
azrael- 12th March 2010, 13:12 Quote
*Are* we really sure this will be a multi-platform release?
Fizzban 12th March 2010, 14:15 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard
I wannnts it my precioussss.... even though I suspect it will be terrible, ala Deus Ex 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veles
Invisible War wasn't that bad, it just wasn't amazingly awesome

Deus Ex2 was a decent game, it just wasn't on a par with the first game so people slag it off constantly. I highly doubt 3 will be on a par with the first either.. so quite likely it will get ripped apart also.

I still wants it tho *drools*
liratheal 12th March 2010, 14:34 Quote
I stand by my "please don't suck" stance.
Gunsmith 12th March 2010, 14:39 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael-
*Are* we really sure this will be a multi-platform release?

it stated so on the trailer
Zurechial 12th March 2010, 16:21 Quote
I'm intrigued, but not getting my hopes up too much - As others have said: It's multi-platform.
It would be ridiculous of us to expect it to be anything but multi-platform in this day and age, but we can only hope the PC version isn't gimped and braindead as a result of it.

Those cool mech-aug shades he's wearing seem to be a nod to both JC "My vision is augmented" Denton and Molly Millions of Neuromancer (and Gibson's other Sprawl stories) with her implanted shades.
Acknowledging two of the most iconic cyberpunk characters in history is a pretty damn good start in my book, and they seem to have gotten the style down pretty well at least for the pre-rendered stuff.

His mechanical arms look like how I would imagine Gunther Hermann's or Anna Navarre's arms would look in 2010-o-vision, and the glass breaking in his hand seems to be a strong nod to the difficulties and sacrifices involved in being a mech-aug that were hinted at in Deus Ex.

It's a promising taste of the game so far, but I want to see gameplay and read details.
azrael- 12th March 2010, 17:32 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith
it stated so on the trailer
Must've been blinded by the shiny, so I completely tuned out those logos at the end... :)
Bonze 12th March 2010, 18:09 Quote
Better quality trailer on the website

and there's platform logos ;)
johnnyboy700 12th March 2010, 18:13 Quote
Okaaaaay, anybody can make that kind of trailer and make it look good, but I agree with waiting for in game footage to see what we'll actually get to play with.

Personally I thought Invisible War was okay, it was simply was so different from the original that it almost seemed like it was a different game. Mind you DE was such a radical departure from whatever else was about at the time that no matter what was in the sequel it would be a disappointment.
Farfalho 12th March 2010, 18:58 Quote
Never played Deus Ex and probably I'll never play the first two ones but this one I might. Looked pretty awesome, roll it out please!
Zurechial 12th March 2010, 19:28 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farfalho
Never played Deus Ex and probably I'll never play the first two ones but this one I might. Looked pretty awesome, roll it out please!

Go away.

Go away and never come back.



Or just stop being silly and go play the first two, ferchrissakes.
CardJoe 12th March 2010, 20:02 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurechial
Go away.

Go away and never come back.



Or just stop being silly and go play the first ONE, ferchrissakes.

fixed
MaverickWill 12th March 2010, 20:05 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe
fixed

AHEM.
Zurechial 12th March 2010, 20:33 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe
fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurechial
Go away.

Go away and never come back.

Or just stop being silly and go play the first one at least, ferchrissakes.

Fixed again! Sheesh, elitist. :p
ev1lm1nd666 12th March 2010, 21:43 Quote
Sod the shades, gimme that sword thing that pops out of his arm!
Veles 12th March 2010, 23:21 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzban
Deus Ex2 was a decent game, it just wasn't on a par with the first game so people slag it off constantly. I highly doubt 3 will be on a par with the first either.. so quite likely it will get ripped apart also.

I still wants it tho *drools*

But as Joe did point out in his recent article, it's not the shining image of perfection we like to remember it as. Well, you guys at least, I only played DX for the first time a few years back, but I still think it's a fantastic game and I can understand the hatred towards DX2, had I played DX when it first came out I would have been foaming at the mouth at a sequel that wasn't really as up to scratch as the original.

However, this time around for DX3 I think pretty much everyone (who has played the other two games) is skeptical, especially after DX2 and SS2/BS disappointments. This is a good thing IMO, if people don't set their expectations too high then they'll hopefully enjoy DX3 for what it is rather than be disappointed it didn't live up to their memories of the original.

I like the direction they've gone with cybernetics rather that nano-tech. Reminds me of Cyberpunk 2020 and Ghost in the Shell.

Damn I'm gonna have to play DX now.
Zurechial 12th March 2010, 23:55 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veles
This is a good thing IMO, if people don't set their expectations too high then they'll hopefully enjoy DX3 for what it is rather than be disappointed it didn't live up to their memories of the original.
I'm thinking along those lines too. I want to like Deus Ex 3. I gave DX2 a hard time after my first playthrough, but over time I've come to appreciate the areas where it really succeeded rather than focus on its failings in comparison to DX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veles

I like the direction they've gone with cybernetics rather that nano-tech.
Same here, definitely. I thought Deus Ex dealt with Nanotechnology in a nice, balanced way - Nothing too outlandish, no Arthur C. Clarke technology-as-magic stuff (even if it was implied in the philosophical undertones of the game) and it felt as cutting-edge as it 'should' for the setting.
DX2 made Nanotechnology into far too much of a techno-magic thing that could do anything and while it worked for the setting it lost some of that special-ness by going to those extremes rather than dealing with the topic in a moderate way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veles

Damn I'm gonna have to play DX now.

It's like Murphy's Law but with a hint of inescapability. :p
Fizzban 13th March 2010, 00:51 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veles
I like the direction they've gone with cybernetics rather that nano-tech. Reminds me of Cyberpunk 2020 and Ghost in the Shell.

Hmm the word Cyberpunk always reminds me of an old favorite of mine..Bloodnet. Vampires, cybernetics and jury rigging weapons and equipment.. Aaah good times
Chocobollz 13th March 2010, 18:47 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard
I wannnts it my precioussss.... even though I suspect it will be terrible, ala Deus Ex 2.

If you want your precious, you would want another Lord of The Ring sequels, not Deus Ex :P
Toxic_Lemon 13th March 2010, 19:23 Quote
OOoo yes can`t wait, Very excited.
Xtrafresh 14th March 2010, 12:12 Quote
This looks good, but more importantly, it sounds good. The visuals might change for the prerendered stuff, but the voice actor won't, and the soundtrack is also pretty likely to be carried over. One of the things that DE did absolutely right was the soundtrack, it just gives so much atmosphere to a game...

I also like the catchphrase "if you want to make enemies, change something". It seems they are going to take the philosophical part of the game serious aswell.

I'll be back in two days, i have to do another run of DE now:(
theflatworm 14th March 2010, 12:33 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by theskirrid
IWar would have been a good game, if it had stood alone, but as a son of Deus Ex it just didn't quite cut it.
I always think of IWar as Jason Connery.

It's more like Julian Lennon, really. ;)
theflatworm 14th March 2010, 12:44 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver51
On one hand it looks like it's taking the right path; on the other, I'm fully expecting a shitty console port. I think I'll wait for you guys to do a video review.

I really don't see why everyone is so down on console ports. The way I see it, it just means that the user base is that much larger, so they can spend more money developing it, while still charging the same end price. Of course, when you're going for such a large and diverse user base, you have to be be sure you don't exclude the 25% of the population with IQs less that 90, so everything needs to be dumbed down quite substantially. And while we're at it, you need to make sure you aren't too edgy with your content, or do anything too original, because that might alienate people too. And you can't write code to take advantage of the quirks of PC architecture, because that won't translate very well to the consoles. And you need to make sure you don't put in too much high-graphical stuff, because that'd bring the Xbox 360 to its knees. And you need to develop with a number of different controllers in mind so the system is never truely optimised for one in particular...

But apart from all that, I don't see the problem with console ports. Also: what have the Romans ever done for us?
Fizzban 14th March 2010, 17:19 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflatworm
I really don't see why everyone is so down on console ports. The way I see it, it just means that the user base is that much larger, so they can spend more money developing it, while still charging the same end price. Of course, when you're going for such a large and diverse user base, you have to be be sure you don't exclude the 25% of the population with IQs less that 90, so everything needs to be dumbed down quite substantially. And while we're at it, you need to make sure you aren't too edgy with your content, or do anything too original, because that might alienate people that way too. And you can't write code to take advantages of of the quirks of PC architecture, because that won't translate very well to the consoles. And you need to make sure you don't put in too much high-graphical stuff, because that'd bring the Xbox 360 to its knees. And you need to develop with a number of different controllers in mind so the system is never truely optimised for one in particular...

But apart from all that, I don't see that problem with console ports. Also: what have the Romans ever done for us?

lol :D
Redbeaver 15th March 2010, 13:44 Quote
want.

too bad it wont b PC optimized.

or does anyone know any multi-platform game that's PC optimized?
Log in

You are not logged in, please login with your forum account below. If you don't already have an account please register to start contributing.



Discuss in the forums