Humble launches 2K Games bundle

Humble launches 2K Games bundle

In teaming up with the Humble Bundle team, 2K Games follows in the footsteps of other triple-A publishers including EA, THQ and Deep Silver.

A new pay-what-you-want Humble Bundle has launched, this time featuring a collection of triple-A games from 2K.

The basic bundle includes BioShock, XCOM reimagining The Bureau: XCOM Declassified and The Darkenss 2. Paying more than the average amount will also unlock Bioshock 2, Mafia 2 and acclaimed critique on the modern military shooter Spec Ops: The Line.

Paying more than $20 for the bundle will also unlock XCOM: Enemy Unknown and BioShock Infinite. Additional games are also set to be added to the bundle soon for anyone who has paid above the average amount.

Early bundles required all titles to be DRM free and available on Mac and PC alongside the PC. In this case, only XCOM: Enemy Unknown is available on all three operating systems and only BioShock is available DRM free.

Proceeds from the bundle are going to 2K Games itself and charities Action Against Hunger and the American Red Cross. At time of writing, the bundle has already raised over $1m and is running for another two weeks.

Whilst the Humble Bundle started off as a showcase for lesser known indie titles, 2K Games is following in the footsteps of other triple-A publishers including Deep Silver, THQ and EA who have all also teamed up with the Humble Team.

The Humble Bundle site also now hosts a weekly bundle, a book bundle and a dedicated digital distribution front for indie titles alongside its headline main bundles.

Margo Baggins 9th July 2014, 12:43 Quote
bought it already this morning! good bundle this one, more games to own and never play :D
GuilleAcoustic 9th July 2014, 12:47 Quote
No Linux support except XCOM ... Not for me then :)
Dave Lister 9th July 2014, 12:52 Quote
The only games i'd want i already have on disc apart from bioshock 3, and i'm not spending over $20 just to get it when steam had it for under $10 in the summer sale. Should be a good deal for a collector or someone new to PC gaming though.
johnnyboy700 9th July 2014, 13:03 Quote
I'm waiting to see what "Coming Soon" reveals as I've already got most of whats on offer.
Holly5000 9th July 2014, 13:27 Quote
This bundle is so very tempting *must resist :D
Anfield 9th July 2014, 14:30 Quote
Nice deal, except for the drawback that the Bioshock series is probably the 2nd most frequently discounted item on Steam (after Valves own titles).
schmidtbag 9th July 2014, 14:59 Quote
Replace the Bioshock games with something else and I might be interested. Bioshock 1 is by far the most over-rated game I ever played, and after watching the first 10 minutes of Bioshock 2 I thought to myself "anybody who hasn't played the first game is going to be completely lost and uninterested right now". I don't trust that Infinite is going to be much better.
dstarr3 9th July 2014, 16:40 Quote
I bought the Bioshock trio for $15 last winter, so I didn't need those. Already had Spec Ops, as well, and the other games don't interest me. However, I hadn't heard of Darkness II before and it looks quite interesting, so I paid above average for that so that I get the future games yet to be unveiled. Hopefully there's something else good coming up that I've already paid for. :-)
Phil Rhodes 9th July 2014, 16:51 Quote
This really has to be the best possible way to buy games. Shame the only option is steam.
Hazchem 9th July 2014, 17:01 Quote
At a loss as to why there's no link with this article...
Cerberus90 9th July 2014, 21:28 Quote
Originally Posted by schmidtbag

Infinite is excellent.

I never really got into Bioshock when it came out, so hadn't played 1 or 2 when I got Infinite in an earlier sale this year. Great game.

Even in the summer sale that's just finished, the first two Bioshocks were still more than the humble avg price.
mi1ez 9th July 2014, 23:25 Quote
I'm missing most of these so it may be a must!