THQ confirms co-op for Space Marine

THQ confirms co-op for Space Marine

THQ will add four-player co-op to Space Marine in DLC due by the end of October.

THQ has confirmed that it will add co-op support to Warhammer 40K: Space Marin in free DLC due by the end of October.

The free upgrade will add support for up to four players over an online connection and will be dubbed Exterminous mode.

Exterminous will allow you and a group of up to three friends fight the forces of Chaos and the Ork hordes together, using the three classes: Tactical, Devastator or Assault.

When Exterminous will launch with just two co-op levels, titled ‘Assault on Hab Centre Andreas’ and ‘Escape from Kalkys Facility’, both of which will also be available for multiplayer play. Weapons and perks unlocked in competitive play can then be used in co-operative.

Space Marine is an upcoming third-person shooter which Harry can't wait for. We spoke about Space Marine with Black Library author James Swallow on our podcast, but you can also read our Space Marine preview for more information.

Check out the trailer below, then let us know your thoughts in the forums.

Tibby 2nd September 2011, 11:55 Quote
All I can say is:

Awesomesauce.
Gigglebyte 2nd September 2011, 12:00 Quote
Awesome news, already pre-ordered the game and very excited.
Lots of great PC games packed into the next few months, no Uni work will get done...
Aracos 2nd September 2011, 12:40 Quote
wait, what about story mode co op? I thought that was confirmed? If not I'm no longer interested in it. It's the only reason I wanted to buy it.
Denis_iii 2nd September 2011, 13:17 Quote
hmmmm a company not screwing over there clients by releasing DLC that should be free as free DLC....I feel all warm and fuzzy inside towards nice awesome great THQ.
Nikumba 2nd September 2011, 14:25 Quote
Shame its going to be online only :(
skulth 2nd September 2011, 15:00 Quote
This game is looking very shiny. Would be nice to see alittle terminator amour with teleporters. I have my fingers crossed but havent seen it in any of the pictures of the game online which makes me sad.
Grimloon 2nd September 2011, 15:00 Quote
Originally Posted by Aracos

AFAIK story mode co-op is still present and will be in at launch. If not they'll have to rewrite all the press releases and blurb and with a week to go I sincerely doubt that is going to happen.

I'm a touch unsure about all unlocks being through competitive play only though. It would be nice to be able to get some through co-op as well as my general attitude towards deathmatch, team or otherwise can be summed up as "meh!" Still can't wait for next weekend :)