bit-gamer.net

Epic: No Gears of War 2 PC

Epic: No Gears of War 2 PC

Gears of War 2 will definitely not be heading to PC according to Epic, who are concerned with piracy issues.

Gear of War 2 has been creating a bit of a stir in the bit-tech.net forums lately for a number of reasons, not least of which is the fact that the game is being definitely billed as an Xbox 360 exclusive. It won't be coming to PC.

In a discussion with TVG recently, Gears of War 2 designer Cliff Bleszinski said that the reason there was not going to be a PC version of the game was simple; high-end users.

"The PC right now is a fair amount different to what it was back in the day, with all the badly integrated video chips," said Cliff.

"Here's the problem right now; the person who is savvy enough to want to have a good PC to upgrade their video card, is a person who is savvy enough to know bit torrent to know all the elements so they can pirate software. Therefore, high-end videogames are suffering very much on the PC."

Cliff then went on to confirm that unlike Gears of War 1, which did see an eventual port to the PC, the second game will not be making the same move. Asked if Gears of War 2 PC would be possible once the dust had settled and sales had declined on the Xbox 360 version, Cliff still said no; definitely not.

Unfortunately then it looks like PC gamers who want to get a slice of Gears of War 2 will either have to get it from consoles, or have to wait for the film adaptation to be finished and given a sequel.

If you want to know more about Gears of War 2 and what we think of it then you can check out our hands-on Gears of War 2 preview, or let us know what you think of the forums.

117 Comments

Discuss in the forums Reply
Burnout21 30th September 2008, 11:22 Quote
what about rich gits like me, i can afford to buy the game and the hardware!

Cant they look at it another way, that the poor gamer with the low end to midrange hardware cant afford £40 a game so they turn to torrents!
N19h7m4r3 30th September 2008, 11:23 Quote
What a load of crock! I know ALOT of people that can't even run WoW properly, let alone a High-End game and they're always telling me how they torrent.

As much as I have supported Epic for their amazing games. I am done buying from them.
feedayeen 30th September 2008, 11:25 Quote
So what happened to console emulators? Why haven’t the current gen systems been ported yet to the PC?
ChaosDefinesOrder 30th September 2008, 11:34 Quote
FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS DON'T WORK ON CONSOLES!
/rant

*sigh*

Seriously, console gamepads are not suited to FPS games, even watching someone who has played waaaay too much Halo/Gears etc you can still see that the view motion is jerky.

Mouse is far superior for freelook controlling, which suits it to PC better.
steveo_mcg 30th September 2008, 11:37 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosDefinesOrder
FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS DON'T WORK ON CONSOLES!
/rant

*sigh*

Seriously, console gamepads are not suited to FPS games, even watching someone who has played waaaay too much Halo/Gears etc you can still see that the view motion is jerky.

Mouse is far superior for freelook controlling, which suits it to PC better.

As i learned yesterday gow is infact 3rd person and tbh 3rd person does work ok on consoles but i've never liked it on pc i can't get my head round it even gt3 was a bit of a problem for me.
Jack_Pepsi 30th September 2008, 11:38 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Cliff Biro guy
"Here's the problem right now; the person who is savvy enough to want to have a good PC to upgrade their video card, is a person who is savvy enough to know bit torrent to know all the elements so they can pirate software. Therefore, high-end videogames are suffering very much on the PC."

Seriously?

We really need to get that sand out of your vagina dude, it's making you cranky!
Hamish 30th September 2008, 11:39 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosDefinesOrder
FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS DON'T WORK ON CONSOLES!
/rant

*sigh*

Seriously, console gamepads are not suited to FPS games, even watching someone who has played waaaay too much Halo/Gears etc you can still see that the view motion is jerky.

Mouse is far superior for freelook controlling, which suits it to PC better.

absolutely, but GoW was a pretty terrible game on PC anyway
havent played it on xbox but cant imagine it being much better, not really bothered by this news :p

edit:
that quote from cliff is mildy offensive tbh
my PC is a high-end gaming pc and i buy FAR more games than any of my friends with **** PCs and consoles
granted i also pirate more games than them, but i only pirate the crappy games :p
adamc 30th September 2008, 11:42 Quote
There's a difference between knowing about torrents and wishing to use them for everything.
Daniel114 30th September 2008, 11:45 Quote
I'm glad to be honest. I liked the first game and would have probably bought this if it game to PC.... Only yet again to be frustrated at the way it constantly lost games, was a pain in the ass to reinstall, and couldn't be played without using a no-cd crack.

Cheers epic, sanity maintained. Glad those naughty PC pirates wont be able to get their grubby hands on your bug-ridden POS game
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosDefinesOrder
Seriously, console gamepads are not suited to FPS games, even watching someone who has played waaaay too much Halo/Gears etc you can still see that the view motion is jerky.

Nah there not, but GOW is. I play it using an XBOX remote rather than mouse and it feels far more natural
RotoSequence 30th September 2008, 11:49 Quote
Wow, **** you and your product too, Epic.
[USRF]Obiwan 30th September 2008, 11:52 Quote
yeah blame everything on pc piracy. Bad games sales, bad reviews, bad previews, bad game trailers, bad consoles, bad economy, bad incomes, bad weather, bad environment, bad health.

Its all the fault of PC piracy.

I don't know where he is getting his 'facts' but i see a shitload of torrent sites loaded with x360 and other console titles.
reflux 30th September 2008, 11:56 Quote
Oh for f*cks sake.

Yet again we see piracy blamed to justify lazy and selfish game developers.

Epic - are you aware that the PC was what put you where you are now?

Epic can go to HELL.

And someone needs to kick them out of the PC gaming alliance.
DougEdey 30th September 2008, 12:01 Quote
They're justified to not sell it on PC down to pure economics, in December 2007 Gears had sold 4 million copies in total.

PC release: November 2007
360 release: November 2006

So in one year they sold 4 million copies pretty much on the 360 alone.

They've currently sold over 5 million copies in total, so since the PC release only 1 million more have been sold, I don't have the exact figures for the split but I'm willing to bet 9/10 were sold on 360 and the extra development time and cost was not worth it especially since the PC release was extremely buggy!
steveo_mcg 30th September 2008, 12:05 Quote
Quite true, its just a shame they feel the need to justify them selves with fud. If they expected to sell 3m on the pc and didn't they need to ask why. Epic have obviously done so and arrived at piracy as the official party line instead of admiting it was a mediocre game for the pc that many people had already played on its native platform where, by all account, its a better experience.
PQuiff 30th September 2008, 12:06 Quote
WTF!!!!

Chicken or the Egg? Maybe if we the PC game buying public STOP GETTING SHAFTED, we would be more likley to purchase games.

First its EA and it beta battlefield that takes 4 patches to fix broken net code and bugs. second its EA and there Terrible Download manager. Then its Bioshock and its shi*y secure rom. Spore and its WTFing DRM. Then EA are back at it with Crysis warhead. Stalker and its lovely Broken game( its a good game but having to restart it each time they try patch it. 4 times so far)

We get treated like morons. Of course there is a piracy problem. Thats never going to change. But there are some of us that actually buy games and resent getting bum robbed every time we go to the shops.

Well here to Cliffy. lets hope hes a man of his word and a half arsed PC conversion doesn't crawl out the door a few years down the line when no one cares.
neonplanet40 30th September 2008, 12:06 Quote
Who cares the game sucks anyway lol

Lets be honest. They have obviously been paid quite a bit of money by microsoft to make it an xbox 360 only game.

He can bullshit all he likes about other reasons but thats why.

They all like to blame piracy on everything nowadays. Its not our fault that the port they made for GOW 1 was **** which forced people to dl it first before they spent their hard earned money!
lewchenko 30th September 2008, 12:06 Quote
DougEdey is spot on. This is truly about economics. GOW 1 just didnt sell on the PC. There were 3 reasons for that :

1. Most people had bought / played it on a console already, so werent interested in a PC version.
2. It was technically flawed, with bad rumors from day 1 of install and technical issues.
3. Piracy. Yep, Im sure it was pirated to hell as well.

Pirates will always steal the games, but these people are not your target market anyway.. its the other few hundred thousand people they need to convince that DO PAY that they had to convince the game was worthy.. and they failed.

So why on earth would they bother releasing GOW 2 for the PC ? They would probably make a loss, not probably due to piracy but simply because people just arent that interested in the game (the mass public that is, not the odd bit-tech reader who is).
lewchenko 30th September 2008, 12:08 Quote
Oh.. and as you can buy a 360 for the price of a low end video card these days... just pick up a 360 and be done with it. (£129 for an arcade model capable of playing GOW2)
Hamish 30th September 2008, 12:15 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewchenko

1. Most people had bought / played it on a console already, so werent interested in a PC version.
2. It was technically flawed, with bad rumors from day 1 of install and technical issues.
3. Piracy. Yep, Im sure it was pirated to hell as well.

1 and 2 contribute to 3 here imo
people who've already bought it on xbox are extremely unlikely to buy it again on PC, unless they're super fanboys or something :p
people who heard rumours that it was buggy and unstable are unlikely to go and buy it without trying it first
Deadwolf 30th September 2008, 12:51 Quote
Kill adult PC-gamers interest, kill the revenue that supports their child's xbox purchases.. at least thats the way i see it..
mikeuk2004 30th September 2008, 12:54 Quote
im sure it will come to PC, all game developers say they are not, and then in the end they do. ITs their PR lies.
tejas 30th September 2008, 12:56 Quote
I will say a few things in rebuttal at CliffyB. Firstly console games are typically overpriced £50- £60 and let me tell you that in the context of the failed $700 billion bailout in the US (as of 30 Sept 2008) , that Epic will NOT SELL even 1.5 million copies of Gears of War 2. For comparison they sold 5 million of the original. People don't have enough money to eat, forget about playing bloody games. In fact I laugh as this game will flop due to the economic conditions and Epic will CRAWL BACK to us PC gamers. Same thing goes for Crytek and their whining about piracy and new found love for the consoles. PC gaming is due for a major resurrection due to games being cheaper on that platform.

However I blame Microsoft... They could have used their power and money to make the PC the only relevant platform. Instead Ballmer and Gates decided to take on Nintendo and Sony (PS3 failure).... and look what Nintendo did with the Wii.... totally pwned the 360..
Silver51 30th September 2008, 13:03 Quote
Every time I hear Epic and piracy in a sentence, I think of the phrase "bulls**t munchers..."
DougEdey 30th September 2008, 13:17 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadwolf
Kill adult PC-gamers interest, kill the revenue that supports their child's xbox purchases.. at least thats the way i see it..

Good, a child should NEVER play Gears of War
OWNED66 30th September 2008, 13:25 Quote
ehhhh ??
i download xbox360 games online
and buy copies from stores

so whats the diffrence
BlackMage23 30th September 2008, 13:32 Quote
some shooter games work on the console if the team has been carful with the controls, but having a keyboard and mouse would make such a difference for the better.
shigllgetcha 30th September 2008, 13:40 Quote
itll come out eventually. they just people that have a pc and 360 to buy the 360 version because they dont expect there to ever b a pc version as the 360 is dearer and less chance of piracy, ie more profit

then release a pc version to scoop up anyone that hasnt bought the pc version and make a smaller profit on the pc version just to sqeeze the last few pounds out of the game
Lepermessiah 30th September 2008, 13:41 Quote
LOL, everytime CliffyB or Epic and ID speak it sounds like a bitter developer because they are no longer amongst the elite PC devs, so they spin it as the PC platform is the issue and turn to console out of necessity. Does Epic know it is 2008? Why do they keep harping on Integrated Chips? Anyone who games has a video card, and there are plenty of PC's capable of playing GEars better then 360. Stalker, Crysis and countless others has no issues selling millions. The 8800 Series came out in 06 for gods sakes and milions of them alone were sold.

They release a Console focused arcade shooter with cheesy one liners and no story and repetitive gameplay 1 year late on PC with many bugs and wonder why it didn't sell well? Pc gamers have different standards and tastes Cliffy.

Cliffy, why do other High end games have no issue on PC? Explain that? Maybe, just maybe Gears is not all u think it is. it is a game that appeals to console gamers, Pc gamers do not think it is that good. Then you try and twist that into it being a hardware issue, BS.
ChaosDefinesOrder 30th September 2008, 13:43 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo_mcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosDefinesOrder
FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS DON'T WORK ON CONSOLES!
/rant

*sigh*

Seriously, console gamepads are not suited to FPS games, even watching someone who has played waaaay too much Halo/Gears etc you can still see that the view motion is jerky.

Mouse is far superior for freelook controlling, which suits it to PC better.

As i learned yesterday gow is infact 3rd person and tbh 3rd person does work ok on consoles but i've never liked it on pc i can't get my head round it even gt3 was a bit of a problem for me.

I should have made it clearer what I meant - Any game with a permenant crosshair (as opposed to just during manual aim) and/or no auto-aim or lock-on should come under the same bracket - and therefore is NOT suited for a console gamepad. Precision aiming is an arse with an analog stick.
Lepermessiah 30th September 2008, 13:44 Quote
Why are these idiots a part of the Pc gaming alliance again?
breathlesstao 30th September 2008, 13:48 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepermessiah
LOL, everytime CliffyB or Epic and ID speak it sounds like a bitter developer because they are no longer amongst the elite PC devs, so they spin it as the PC platform is the issue and turn to console out of necessity. Does Epic know it is 2008? Why do they keep harping on Integrated Chips? Anyone who games has a video card, and there are plenty of PC's capable of playing GEars better then 360. Stalker, Crysis and countless others has no issues selling millions. The 8800 Series came out in 06 for gods sakes and milions of them alone were sold.

They release a Console focused arcade shooter with cheesy one liners and no story and repetitive gameplay 1 year late on PC with many bugs and wonder why it didn't sell well? Pc gamers have different standards and tastes Cliffy.

Cliffy, why do other High end games have no issue on PC? Explain that? Maybe, just maybe Gears is not all u think it is. it is a game that appeals to console gamers, Pc gamers do not think it is that good. Then you try and twist that into it being a hardware issue, BS.

2nded. Totally. Along with what reflux said as well; only addition: someone PLEASE shove a #&@+!% rocket down Cliff's throat. Or better yet, up his arse, then fire it to deep space.
Lepermessiah 30th September 2008, 13:50 Quote
Does Epic know it i 2008 and no longer is a high end PC required to play consoles ports very well? Hell, a lower priced 5-600 dollar PC can max out almost any console game these days.
breathlesstao 30th September 2008, 13:52 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepermessiah
Does Epic know it i 2008 and no longer is a high end PC required to play consoles ports very well? Hell, a lower priced 5-600 dollar PC can max out almost any console game these days.

How would they know? They've been too busy blaming everything on piracy to notice.
Lepermessiah 30th September 2008, 13:54 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by breathlesstao
How would they know? They've been too busy blaming everything on piracy to notice.

True. Funny how the only ones complaining (ID and Epic) have lost thier place as a top Pc dev, sounds like sour grapes to me, so they move to console out of necessity and bitterness. You cannot expect to get great sales when you release the same game on PC 1 year after, come on.
Gunsmith 30th September 2008, 13:56 Quote
**** EPIC!
AlexB 30th September 2008, 13:56 Quote
Cliff is a Dick.
DaMightyMouse 30th September 2008, 13:58 Quote
Bleh whatever no big loss to me ...
breathlesstao 30th September 2008, 14:00 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepermessiah
Quote:
Originally Posted by breathlesstao
How would they know? They've been too busy blaming everything on piracy to notice.

True. Funny how the only ones complaining (ID and Epic) have lost thier place as a top Pc dev, sounds like sour grapes to me, so they move to console out of necessity and bitterness. You cannot expect to get great sales when you release the same game on PC 1 year after, come on.

That, and I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out M$ and/or Sony just "support" developers catering for their respective consoles. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised even if we learnt one day that all this crap is just a twisted ad campaign funded by them console manufacturers.
Lepermessiah 30th September 2008, 14:04 Quote
Lets not forget consoles are one big marketing money brab, the more they sell on console the more MS and Sony gets. Anther reason i am not a big fan of consoles, don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with games on them, but I don't like the business side of them at all. MS and Sony pay money to try and froce people to buy for their platform, excluding many gamers, like the DLC for GTA 4, gamers only lsoe in those situations. it is to bad the majority of the public are naive, the overpriced games just put more money in Ms and Sony;s pockets. PC gaming is not near as expensive as people like u to believe.

How much u want to bet MS had a say in this so they can get yet more money? MS does more to hurt PC gaming then help it, as does Epic, yet both are in the PC gaming alliance.

it is no secret companies like MS are helping fund these games so they stay on their platform.

On another note, Pc gamers are not missing out on much anyway, gears was one of the more dissappointing games I have played. Seemed like ti was targeting teenagers. Far Cry 2, Crysis Warhead and Stalker Clear sky (With patches, lol), not really missing out on much TBH.
breathlesstao 30th September 2008, 14:12 Quote
Well, I for one, have never had any console at all. And honestly, I couldn't care less about what's behind the scenes if they weren't always RANTING about below-expected sales and such (as if they didn't have enough money...) - where does all the passion for creating an experience goes to and why, once someone makes a name for themselves?
Piracy? **** it, try NOT to overprice the freakin' games AND try NOT to make gamers' lives hell with so-called "anti-piracy" methods - I bet anything they'd see such a steep increase in sales they'd get a heart attack.
rollo 30th September 2008, 14:15 Quote
to be blunt. Gears of war was buggy pos that struggled to install on any vista based machine. And still to this day isnt 100% correct. The pc port was still better than the orginal on the 360 was ( got the orginal for £8 from a 2nd hand stall)
johnnyboy700 30th September 2008, 14:19 Quote
Cheeky bugger how dare he suggest that all PC gamers are tarred with the piracy brush just because we spend our hard earned cash on buying modern games. I can honestly say that I have never pirated a game, or a DVD for that matter, and I never will.
Grasshopper 30th September 2008, 14:33 Quote
I wish I live in USA so I can sue his a** out his nose.
Any way, the console gaming will die sooner or later any way :)
hawky84 30th September 2008, 14:42 Quote
what a tosser, just because I know how to build a PC and know how to use BitTorrent, how dare he label me as a games pirate. Proper w@nker
Jordan Wise 30th September 2008, 15:04 Quote
I love laughing at this tactic that Epic (apparently in the PCGA) are taking against the biggest of issues in PC Gaming, piracy. Fear not PC gamers, Epic will deliver us all from the evil of piracy, by not bothering to make games at all. It stands to reason, how can you pirate games for a platform that doesn't exist? Mwahahahaha!
Kúsař 30th September 2008, 15:18 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepermessiah
True. Funny how the only ones complaining (ID and Epic) have lost thier place as a top Pc dev...

ID? Where did you get it? They were always talking about piracy yet they were always supportive towards PC gaming. They never resorted to any form of intrusive DRM. And they always release SDK for their games. Who would push evolution of PC gaming(technology) forward if not Johny Carmack & iD? Whining Crytek? .......

On topic - if Epic were focusing on PC as primary platform they wouldn't have suffered that much(GoW). Console ports are in 90% beggars limited by poor controls, graphics or something else due lack of proper testing or insufficient effort...(opposite to this is Valve's port to PS3 aka "Waste of everyone's time")
WILD9 30th September 2008, 15:23 Quote
The guy is a PR disaster area. Epic slowly but surely built a successfull company off of the back of PCs and PC gamers, releasing endless iterations of Unreal which are bought by their loyal fan base. Surely they must be aware that without PCs and PC gamers they wouldnt exist, Cliffy B's defining moment would probably be a subroutine in some piece of accountancy software no one has ever heard of. Instead of paying tribute to the platform and people that brought him everything he has and has allowed him to have what im pretty sure is a 'dream job' he basically accuses everyone with a high end PC of being a software pirate and declares repeatedly that the PC is a dead platform. Im sure cliff knows his way around a PC so does he place himself in that demographic of PC literate software pirates or is that just something us lower people who havn't made millions off of an industry we are now trying to shoot down in flames do? The man is a greedy ungratefull weasel that cant resist the bright lights of consoleville with £50 a pop games.
Lepermessiah 30th September 2008, 15:24 Quote
Where you been, ID have said they will no longer focus on PC, and their gamnes will be console focused with Pc being nehind nintendo as a focus, maybe because ID has not made a good game in over a decade they don't sell well? Another dev whining about PC when the Real issue is there are simp,y better devs and games available. Average games sell well on console (Force unleashed, Assassins Creed), PC gamers have higher standards. Id and Epic are using piracy and the Pc platform as a scapegoat.
naokaji 30th September 2008, 15:29 Quote
high end pc to play games? for what reason?

a E7200, a radeon 4850, a p35 board and 2 GB ddr2 dont even come close to high end and are allready more than enough for every game except crysis.

no pc version due to piracy? what a logic, zero percent piracy on the pc version of gow2, we won, oh wait, we didnt make a single cent either as we didnt sell it.

and no, I'd never buy a console, the day there are no more pc games i'll simply quit gaming.
Kúsař 30th September 2008, 15:40 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepermessiah
Where you been, ID have said they will no longer focus on PC, and their gamnes will be console focused with Pc being nehind nintendo as a focus...

Can you post link to back up this statement?
So far, I know they're planning Doom4, hiring another developers and that Linux ports of their future games are low priority. Not a single word about consoles...
wuyanxu 30th September 2008, 15:41 Quote
Epic will never get a single penny out of my wallet!

in fact, i will make sure i pirate ALL Unreal Engine games whenever possible, and i'll try to provide my friends around me, pirated Epic related games. i'll also be sure to create lots copy of xbox360 GoW2 from turrents when that's released. console games can be just as easily pirated.

their behaviour is unacceptable, makes me wonder why they are still in the PC gaming alliance. im going to buy myself a second copy of Solar Empire to support StarDock.
Lepermessiah 30th September 2008, 15:44 Quote
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/john-carmack-rage,6074.html

Carmack along with Epic are idiots, sorry.
Lepermessiah 30th September 2008, 15:44 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kúsař
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepermessiah
Where you been, ID have said they will no longer focus on PC, and their gamnes will be console focused with Pc being nehind nintendo as a focus...

Can you post link to back up this statement?
So far, I know they're planning Doom4, hiring another developers and that Linux ports of their future games are low priority. Not a single word about consoles...


http://www.tomshardware.com/news/john-carmack-rage,6074.html

A quick google search. Carmack has said they wioll no longer focus oN PC, consoles first, PC after thought.
Noostroi 30th September 2008, 15:50 Quote
TBH, I think Epic lost the way when they released ut2004...

It was a mediocre increment to ut2003, and imo broke a lot of the feel of the game - the movement dynamics changed, so you could no longer do some of the more outrageous jumps.

I played ut2007 at a lan once, and it just didn't feel the same. :(
n8dude 30th September 2008, 15:51 Quote
Guess that means that UT3 was the last game I ever bought from epic. I remember when epic was one of my favorite companies. I miss the good ole' days.
Kúsař 30th September 2008, 15:56 Quote
TG: Is id planning any console exclusives?

JOHN CARMACK: We certainly expect Rage and the Doom project on the PC. We're contractually obligated to have Rage on the PC, and I would be stunned if we did not do Doom 4 for the PC. It would just be wrong. Even if it was a marginal business case, we would still do it because it's the right thing to do.

...doesn't sound like they don't care about PC gamming to me.
Lepermessiah 30th September 2008, 16:02 Quote
Amm, getting console ports is not what we want from ID, they have totally switched focus from Pc first to console first and PC after, whcih means we get the lowest common denominator console ports. Bug difference. They state Console is the focus, there will be a PC version, but it will be a console conversion. Yawn.
ComputerKing 30th September 2008, 16:17 Quote
I totally agree with every one said **** EPIC, AND **** GEARS OF ****!

PC gaming is everything. Not consoles you idiots epic workers. and yeah GOW1 was bull **** on pc. I had to restart after I play it. and was pain in the ass to install.

Download games? lol. I download the game to try it. if I like it I buy it. if not I don't, do they think that money come easy ? ****ing retarded.
fathazza 30th September 2008, 16:52 Quote
epic made such a piss poor conversion of GoW that i actually had to crack it to get my legitimate copy to work! And then they have the gumption to go on about piracy! Muppets.
zimbloggy 30th September 2008, 17:34 Quote
"Here's the problem right now; the person who is savvy enough to want to have a good PC to upgrade their video card, is a person who is savvy enough to know bit torrent to know all the elements so they can pirate software. Therefore, high-end videogames are suffering very much on the PC."

I guess that they are saying that people that use consoles are technological imbeciles who don't know how to use the internet.
jim48509 30th September 2008, 17:44 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8dude
Guess that means that UT3 was the last game I ever bought from epic. I remember when epic was one of my favorite companies. I miss the good ole' days.

Exactly
Daniel114 30th September 2008, 17:48 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbloggy
"Here's the problem right now; the person who is savvy enough to want to have a good PC to upgrade their video card, is a person who is savvy enough to know bit torrent to know all the elements so they can pirate software. Therefore, high-end videogames are suffering very much on the PC."

I guess that they are saying that people that use consoles are technological imbeciles who don't know how to use the internet.

I really don't get why he said that, its such an ill-thought out statement. Ofcourse their savvy enough, it doesn't mean that they'd do it. No one looked at banning fertilizer when Timothy McVeigh blew up the Murrah Building. 'Yeah, we had a good run on that whole crop growing thing, but I just can't trust that your going to actually use this for what its intended for, so best just to not sell it'.

Have some faith in humanity,

Game designer isn't fat, bald and in glasses, thinks he's Jesus Christ, twunt.

Edit:

Wait, wait, wait....

'Epic Fail!'

Too late?
ComputerKing 30th September 2008, 17:54 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel114
Game designer isn't fat, bald and in glasses, thinks he's Jesus Christ, twunt.

You are kidding me right? :(
kevon27 30th September 2008, 17:58 Quote
I believe the only thing holding PC gamers back from turning totally to console gaming is the lack of keyboard and mouse support.
If support was added to popular FPS's and RTS's, 90 percent of PC gamers would switch to consoles.
Console = a cheaper gaming experience. No constant video card and processor upgrades.
Lepermessiah 30th September 2008, 18:09 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevon27
I believe the only thing holding PC gamers back from turning totally to console gaming is the lack of keyboard and mouse support.
If support was added to popular FPS's and RTS's, 90 percent of PC gamers would switch to consoles.
Console = a cheaper gaming experience. No constant video card and processor upgrades.



Utter bull crap, you have no clue what you are talking about. Constant upgrades? On what planet? There is a large market for people who like tweaking and upgrading, that is something console gamers just don't understand, and K/M is only one SMALL reason people like gaming on PC.
steveo_mcg 30th September 2008, 18:15 Quote
For once i agree with leper, there are a dozen reason i'm not interested in consoles one is the keyboard one is the fact that i don't get to use my telly (wifes rules). Being tied to a restricted platform goes against my open source sensibilities, no (real) access to the indy gaming scene, rapidly dating hardware, the ability to do other things than game on the machine (photo editing) the list really goes on and on.

Realistically consoles are only significantly cheaper compared to a mid end pc at the end of the their life cycle once you include buying games etc and by then your stuck with gfx that look like they did 5 years ago.
MajestiX 30th September 2008, 18:16 Quote
don't you just pirate on the xbox as well and don't have to deal with cd keys and stuff?
ComputerKing 30th September 2008, 18:55 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajestiX
don't you just pirate on the xbox as well and don't have to deal with cd keys and stuff?

that what I was thinking on.

360 guys just download and burn. not like pc... so how the hell that not counted piracy :(
knuck 30th September 2008, 19:11 Quote
For the past year I have been mad at Epic for ripping me off with the total POS that UT3 was/is. Now I am starting to just find it sad that every time they have something to say, it turns into a massive bitching of how terribly bad persons their former and potential customers are.

Release a good quality product and people will PAY for it. If you are so afraid of piracy then why don't you release your game(s) on Steam ! I know I have never pirated a game that was only available on Steam. Actually, yes I did. It was HL2 and the cracked version that was available on the net was buggy as hell and the artificial intelligence was missing at many points of the game. I then bought the game in store and activated it on Steam. Well guess what Epic , 2 years later I BOUGHT THE EXTENSION BECAUSE IT WAS A GOOD GAME AND I WAS SATISFIED BY IT. The next year I bought the Orange Box and I now have all the recent Valve games.

Epic and many other game developers could learn from Valve
maha_x 30th September 2008, 19:56 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQuiff

Well here to Cliffy. lets hope hes a man of his word and a half arsed PC conversion doesn't crawl out the door a few years down the line when no one cares.


haha! my toughts excatly!
knyghtryda 30th September 2008, 20:00 Quote
Damn... CliffyB used to be totally PC-centric and backed the platform exclusively. What the hell happened? It all seemed to fall apart after UT 2k4, which I think is still their best game of the entire series. Hey... I bought it, and I bought UT before that as well. Here that CliffyB? People buy good games. Make a game the same league as your past hits and trust me, people will BUY. Don't just rehash the gameplay a little and slap a new engine on it though (ala UT3), cuz thats not a new game, thats just making a sports franchise.
Yeah... us PC people are a finicky bunch when it comes to quality, but we are also extremely loyal to a developer and their products. Get one good game out and you're pretty much guaranteed at least one later purchase, if not many more. Just looking at my stack of Blizzard, Chris Taylor (Cavedog, GPG), and Valve games makes that pretty obvious.
Vash-HT 30th September 2008, 21:01 Quote
I torrented GoW because I already had it for the 360 and beat it. The PC version sucked, being forced to use windows live does not appeal to PC users, and having a buggy game at release doesn't help either. I personally think the fact that it came out a year after the 360 version contributed by far the most to the low PC sales. If both version had been released at the same time I would've bought the PC version.
HourBeforeDawn 30th September 2008, 21:59 Quote
very sad but from a business standpoint I can see his reasoning, on top of the torrents hardware changes so much that its hard to keep up on the game production as well, so I think this gaming group that got formed with all the big hardware hitters need to sit down and figure out some way and I hate to say it but slow down the advancement so that hardware last longer and is stable enough to make a few games on, I think thats why consoles are doing so well as its a single standard to make a game to but I dont know I could be wrong and thats fine, Im just saying as much as it sucks I can understand why they think that way.
talladega 30th September 2008, 22:05 Quote
If they are soooo worried about piracy then they shouldn't release any games on 360 either and just make games for ps3.

Haven't seen anyone crack the ps3 to be able to pirate games.


Cthippo 30th September 2008, 22:17 Quote
I wonder what he'll say when they release it on PC in a year. From everything I've heard the transition between Xbox and PC is so simple that they won't be able to resist making even a little extra money.

Agreed, EPIC FAIL!
Tim S 30th September 2008, 22:59 Quote
Cthippo: it's "almost free".
Hamish 30th September 2008, 23:08 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthippo
From everything I've heard the transition between Xbox and PC is so simple that they won't be able to resist making even a little extra money.
apparently, but have there been any games ported well from 360 to PC?
afaik only decent games out on both were released at about the same time on both, so clearly were developed side-by-side to some extent
but off the top of my head, halo2 and gow were ported to PC much later and both were terrible ports
and theres Mercenaries 2 which released on both about the same time but is/was an absolutely dire game on PC :p
Kurayamino 1st October 2008, 00:04 Quote
How offensive. they just cannot be arsed because the bigger market lies with selling the games to under aged kids, whos parents buy the game even though it has a big 18 sticker on it!
DXR_13KE 1st October 2008, 01:16 Quote
Cliff Bleszinski is an idiot and should be cleaned out of the gene pool...
1ad7 1st October 2008, 01:26 Quote
Its sad to see developers who once swore by the pc heading off hand in hand with the developers they had an advantage over, into console bliss. Well this is how I am combating this, any indie type game that I might partially enjoy I buy, like mount and blade. Its fine with me if Pc is going to be dominated by hand crafted indie games and mods, thats the best part of the pc, and graw 2 looks like its just graw 1 with new levels..... o boy
johnmustrule 1st October 2008, 05:23 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout21
what about rich gits like me, i can afford to buy the game and the hardware!

Cant they look at it another way, that the poor gamer with the low end to midrange hardware cant afford £40 a game so they turn to torrents!

If the dumb ***** would just sell it for $25 then they'd make more money, it's basic buisness strategy! Why do they never address that idea when they complain about piracy, no DVD is worth 60$, except orange box, it is my one true love.
ComputerKing 1st October 2008, 06:53 Quote
I agree.. see if the game is sold for 15$ To 25 $, I will buy it better than download it. download is not cheap too ( power - computer life - HD sniping life - noise at night - warm air at night - slow internet ... etc. )
naokaji 1st October 2008, 10:29 Quote
Low price, low hw requirements and fun can work as a game concept... just look at audiosurf, I bet it sold better than ut3 and crysis combined, seriously, it doesnt always have to be a repetive shooter with shiny graphics for an ever increasing price.
staples 1st October 2008, 11:02 Quote
I completed the Xbox GOW on a 92" projector in CO-OP mode and I bloody loved it.
Was lots of fun using a wireless controller with a little white box as a simple solution.
Ill just get it for the 360 again as I am sure it will be a good game. As for the PC they can miss out on whatever market they want to miss out on and cry over whatever they want to cry over.

Their loss is our extra gaming time! :)
ComputerKing 1st October 2008, 11:12 Quote
I agree with you naokaji

staples, What a hater.... Dude We PC gamers own Console gamers. So don't even think on it.
millerk420 3rd October 2008, 03:24 Quote
.. I think if someone devoloped a keyboard and mouse for consoles the problem would be solved..
HourBeforeDawn 3rd October 2008, 03:28 Quote
well its also a money thing, some people cant afford the 50.00 so they pirate, honestly if they sold their games for 20, I bet more people would be less inclined to pirate and actually buy so in the end you would have more people buying then pirating which means in the end more money is actually made as more people can afford it.
knuck 3rd October 2008, 03:31 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerk420
.. I think if someone devoloped a keyboard and mouse for consoles the problem would be solved..

nah

you'd never be as comfortable because a console is usually in the living room and not on a desk. Plus, you wouldn't have nearly as many tweak options as you do on a pc
millerk420 3rd October 2008, 03:37 Quote
yeah but i run my pc through my plamsa so my tv is my computer monitor for games.. i use a wireless keyboard and mouse it's not that bad really...
Mctobytob 4th October 2008, 13:44 Quote
Just to say first
this is a very structured conversation over a P.C Game

now to the point:
I Myself being a very big GoW fan and loved the first game, I think it is a disgrace that it doesn't even get a little look at to be ported to P.C.
Yes I am willing to wait, I would just like to know if I would be able to use the game for the P.C.
I am not allowed to buy myself an Xbox right now as I am very low on cash and my P.C works just great.
Having this Game for P.C would give, Epic or Microsoft or whoever owns and runs it now, a great boost in thier reputation
Virtual gaming basically started with the P.C and a lot of people in the world still use their P.C more than any Gaming platform.
If people like the game GoW, and lets take away the fact of piracy, seeing as it only effects some homes, then people should be able to use the game

That's all I have to say about this topic .........
impar 7th October 2008, 12:18 Quote
Greetings!
Quote:

Gears of War 2's Bleszinski Responds to Fan Criticism: 'I'll Always Love the PC'

...
Shack: When you made the decision to not port Gears 2 to the PC, were you basing that decision mostly on the performance of Gears 1 PC, or the platform in general?

Cliff Bleszinski: Look, we put a lot of work into Gears PC. There was basically a whole new act in there. And we thought that that section was a very well done section of game, filled in some plot points that might have been missing from the first game to be perfectly honest.

But we just believe that collectively we can laser-focus this franchise, keep it on console, and it will be stronger as a result. I mean it's just plain and simple. It's not that I don't like the PC, but we want to make an Xbox 360 game that kicks ass, plain and simple.
REEFS 14th December 2008, 04:55 Quote
All I have to say is w.t.f. are them greedy m.fers thinking? Do they not realize how much business they are loosing? Gears of War is so much better on pc and one of my favorite games (AFTER I ACTUALLY GOT THE BUGGY PIECE OF **** TO WORK). I have been waiting for the sequel to come out to pc for quite a while and now its not gonna because some greedy ******* is scared that a few people might get it for free. Thats bullshit! What about us gamers that actually pay for our **** Guess we are just screwed. Well I would just like to give the all faithful leader of Epic (talking to you CLIFFY) a big 1 finger solute(GREEDY *******):(
REEFS 14th December 2008, 05:51 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevon27
I believe the only thing holding PC gamers back from turning totally to console gaming is the lack of keyboard and mouse support.
If support was added to popular FPS's and RTS's, 90 percent of PC gamers would switch to consoles.
Console = a cheaper gaming experience. No constant video card and processor upgrades.
So what your saying is you would rather buy a new counsel every few years. How is that cheaper? Do you even know what your talking about? puuuupppppeeeettttt
Esmad3 26th January 2009, 19:27 Quote
This is downright offensive. We should all boycot Cliff Bleszinski and Epic games. It's possible to pirate Xbox360 games to but most Xbox360 users is to stupid, isn't that what you are saying? You only want to sell your games to stupid people. Fair enough, only stupid people should buy it then. And what is this really? Anti-piracy propaganda? A ploy to force people to buying Xbox'es? I don't believe that they can't make money from a pc version, and is some money not better than no money by default ? I guess what I'm trying to say is: Cliff Bleszinski you're a c*cksucker, I hope you get syfilis and doesn't find out before it's to late and youre brain dissolves. And to all you Xbox360 users out there: Go out and buy boot-chips. As a matter of fact all console owners should get their machines fixed to run pirated games. As I see it it's the only way to deal with c*cksuckers like Cliff Bleszinski. Pirated games will never go away so i guess that's the only way to cope with this kind of logic.
Esmad3 26th January 2009, 20:01 Quote
And regarding his response to the well-deserved criticism: Just stfu and make a pc-version you corporate pig. Do really think an explanation helps when the end-result is still you trying to force us to buy Xboxes? Maybe we should just drop pc-games alltogether and all go out and buy An Xbox360, a Playstation 3, and a Nintendo Wii, with all the control and censorship that would entoll, throw out our old games and then repeat in 3 years. You soulless moneygrubbers would love that wouldn't you? I'll promise you this: If I ever buy a console it will be chipped the same day. Not because I believe you should steal all games but because I belive companies should make their profit on the quality of the game and not by extortion. As long as the game-quality to profit ratio hasn't been distorted by piracy it's not a real problem in my eyes. Look at Fallout 3: Easiest game to pirate ever, not even a multiplayer part to miss and still a bestseller on both pc and Xbox. This is about greed, plain and simple.
Esmad3 26th January 2009, 20:32 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD9
The guy is a PR disaster area. Epic slowly but surely built a successfull company off of the back of PCs and PC gamers, releasing endless iterations of Unreal which are bought by their loyal fan base. Surely they must be aware that without PCs and PC gamers they wouldnt exist, Cliffy B's defining moment would probably be a subroutine in some piece of accountancy software no one has ever heard of. Instead of paying tribute to the platform and people that brought him everything he has and has allowed him to have what im pretty sure is a 'dream job' he basically accuses everyone with a high end PC of being a software pirate and declares repeatedly that the PC is a dead platform. Im sure cliff knows his way around a PC so does he place himself in that demographic of PC literate software pirates or is that just something us lower people who havn't made millions off of an industry we are now trying to shoot down in flames do? The man is a greedy ungratefull weasel that cant resist the bright lights of consoleville with £50 a pop games.

Testify! Ain't that the truth!
GAMER4LIFF22 27th January 2009, 02:12 Quote
this is a bunch of bullshit u cant play cracked games online because it will ask 4 a key and alot of ppl would of played this online and if u guys r so smart make it where someone that sits at home cant crack ur game if u dont want the ****ing bit torrent sights to get it cuz i wanted to buy this game and epic if a bunch of bullshit to me if u cant make a game un crackable or u guys r just lazy so go home sit down n think of how many people u pissed off
impar 30th January 2009, 10:50 Quote
Greetings!

Somewhat glad Epic decided not to port another GoW to the PC platform considering the recent fiasco in GoW-PC:
Quote:
Gears of War DRM screwup makes PC version unplayable

It seems that the DRM on Gears of War came with a built-in shut off date: the digital certificate for the game was only good until January 28, 2009. Now that the game fails to work unless you adjust your system's clock, what's Epic's response? "We're working on it."
DougEdey 30th January 2009, 11:20 Quote
Whoa whoa whoa impar, you're making wild accusations that a simple lapse in the digital certificate is a "fiasco"? If you read the unofficial response, it says that they don't know how or why it happened to they're trying to solve that first.
impar 30th January 2009, 12:00 Quote
Greetings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEdey
... impar, you're making wild accusations that a simple lapse in the digital certificate is a "fiasco"?
It is not an accusation, its a constatation of another gaming DRM screwup.
wuyanxu 30th January 2009, 12:06 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by impar
Greetings!

It is not an accusation, its a constatation of another gaming DRM screwup.
aka: yet another Epic Fail
DougEdey 30th January 2009, 12:08 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by impar

Somewhat glad Epic decided not to port another GoW to the PC platform considering the recent fiasco in GoW-PC:

Is it really a fiasco?
impar 30th January 2009, 12:16 Quote
Greetings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEdey
Is it really a fiasco?
Lets see:
Quote:
I would definitely call it a ridiculous failure.
Anyway, its semantics, not really a worthy debate to have.
You may call it whatever you prefer. ;)

PS:
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2009/01/30/gears-of-war-pc-certificate-expired/1
pcsonny 4th February 2009, 15:44 Quote
Cliff Bleszinski, you are wrong. You have promised us that Epic will be a PC company in the first place. But now you cheat your PC customers who made you what you are, and still complaining about low sales of a big title, even with mouse+keyboard instead of stupid contoller for a shooter game. You can't admit that you are bunch of liars who said exactly same thing about first GOW, but still released it due hunger for money. You did not put any effort in that glitchy port, but sold it for a price beyond its value. However you cannot realise that, according to your theory, a savvy person can buy a Xbox360 for the price of an high-end card, and play GOW If he likes . I doubt that fans of this game will consider paying another price to play the exactly same game on PC. The lesson to learn here is, do not become Microsoft's puppet and release the game on PC immediatly. Not after a year as everyone got bored of this game. Wake up from the dream, it's not the best shooter in the world.
DougEdey 4th February 2009, 15:50 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcsonny
. Wake up from the dream, it's not the best shooter in the world.

So you won't mind not playing it on PC then
wuyanxu 4th February 2009, 18:48 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEdey
So you won't mind not playing it on PC then
tell me how to play it on PC with the certificate problem??
mysteriousstranger 5th February 2009, 04:03 Quote
"Release a good quality product and people will PAY for it. If you are so afraid of piracy then why don't you release your game(s) on Steam ! I know I have never pirated a game that was only available on Steam. Actually, yes I did. It was HL2 and the cracked version that was available on the net was buggy as hell and the artificial intelligence was missing at many points of the game. I then bought the game in store and activated it on Steam. Well guess what Epic , 2 years later I BOUGHT THE EXTENSION BECAUSE IT WAS A GOOD GAME AND I WAS SATISFIED BY IT. The next year I bought the Orange Box and I now have all the recent Valve games.

Epic and many other game developers could learn from Valve"

I know a lot of people who would disagree with you but I for one think that you are absolutley right for many reasons:

1. I download pirate versions of games first to see if my computer can handle them (because demos and system requirements are BS to go by) but Source games will run on anything, seriously. I went straight out and bought Day Of Defeat Source, HL2 Episode 1 and Left 4 Dead when they were released because there was no doubt in my mind my computer (which is about mid-range) could handle them. I was right too.
2. Steam does an amazing job of deterring pirates, the off the chart sales figures for HL2 are proof enough. Why would anyone who was interested in gaming spend ages trying to pirate a Steam game when they can buy it cheap in a shop (L4D was £28), have access to an extensive online multiplayer community, free DLC, free trials on other games (like Red Orchestra) and have their games patched automatically for no extra charge.
3. Valve's games are good IN THEIR OWN RIGHT. The HL series has a brilliant story, iconic characters, excellent art direction, great sfx & music and intense gameplay. Left 4 Dead is the best survival horror game I've ever played, even better than Resident Evil.
4. I once owned UT3 and when I tried to play it online there was hardly anyone playing. Search for a server on Steam (any game) and your so spolit for choice it's crazy.

As long as Valve keeps making decent games, I'll keep buying them.
Epic Games can rot for all I care.
DougEdey 5th February 2009, 10:28 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuyanxu
tell me how to play it on PC with the certificate problem??

Until they fix it, just roll your system clock to pre 31/01/2009
Marauderr 8th February 2009, 18:35 Quote
Man what BS is this?

Dude I've been a pc gamer for over twenty years...I've watched it slowly disintegrate into the state its in now. Yes piracy is a problem but come on...piracy is alive and well on the xbox360 so don't kid yourself. I OWN over 300 titles for the pc...many of which are epic.

I OWN GOW1...wish I didn't. Why? It IS a good game if you can get past the bugs...
It does suffer from consoleitis being a port(If yer a pc guy you know what I mean...) but aside from that, not bad.
Why did It fail on pc? Piracy? BS

It failed because it has 1 save slot. It failed cus that 1 save slot would randomly become corrupt causing a restart of the game.
It failed cus the said 1 save slot was hidden in a file buried deeply in the directory structure, that once found, you COULD backup and restart from an earlier save point causing you to replay sections of the game oh, say twenty times...then maybe, just MAYBE it would autosave and NOT corrupt the 1 save slot.
It failed because a day after release guys were posting this info on the web... and people said WTF? 1 save slot? And it gets randomly corrupted? When thent I'll just wait till it shows up on a torrent and see how bad it is...what is that? It IS that bad, gee guess I'm not buying it.
It failed because even after people bitched, no patch was fourthcoming.
It failed because like most other pc games out there, companies refuse to do proper bug testing and release a crappy product just to get the public to do their bug testing for them...aka Dungeon Lords (Yes I'm looking at you Dreamcatcher).

Crysis? I loved Crysis..played through it four times, which is alot for a junkie like me. I BOUGHT Crysis.
I have a kick ass SLI rig...Crysis failed because of piracy? BS

What percentage of people have a serious gaming rig out there? How many fork over 4 grand for a killer rig? Most pc users check email and go on face book. It's only crazy nuts like us that own a gaming rig. Hell a p2 450 works fine for the internet...got one right beside me that my wife uses. The pc hardware market is RUN by pc gamers. What business in its right mind would have a kick ass rig to run business apps on?
Crysis failed becuse it needed a gamers rig to run it properly. It's key selling points were its engine, an engine that would choke the life from a rig 2 years old at the time of release.
It failed because only a small percentage of the pc users have the hardware to run it, so don't give me this crap about piracy killing it. It was so far ahead of the curve that their market was limited from the start.
A week after release people said WTF? It needes a kick ass rig and my daddy's won't cut it? Better torrent it to see... and YES it does run like crap on my p4 2.2 with crappy video card.

Xbox games can be prated just like pc games man, and you can bet PS3 games will be there soon. Come out with a good product and people will buy it, but thanks to the internet, come out with a crappy product and it will fall on its face because pc gamers look for reviews and opinions BEFORE they buy.

Rant over.

M.
dowen05 9th February 2009, 23:20 Quote


Say Yes To Gears Two For Computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two easy to pirate? Hands up who looked for a demo of gears of war (1) Hand up who had the thought of trying to download the game illegally Hands up who say the size and though it cant be that good a game to wait that long for it and decided to play it around a friends of there Xbox 360, now how loved the game????? ;) Now who went to the shop and played £30 and went home and kicked arse online (with a mouse and keyboard!)

Gears Two coming ............... adds ................. trailers .............. It’s here!!!!! wait that for the Xbox....... hmmmm where’s the computers one ............ hmmmm can’t see it ........... go ask NO GREARS FOR COMPUTER!!!!!!!!! WHAT OMG :( they draw us in with number one then spit us out and want us to buy a 360 WTF :(
Go online see why it because “Here's the problem right now; the person who is savvy enough to want to have a good PC to upgrade their video card, is a person who is savvy enough to know bit torrent to know all the elements so they can pirate software. Therefore, high-end videogames are suffering very much on the PC”

So give up go around your friends to play it and find out for dip stick of a friend went down to the market a paid £5 for the full game COPYED!!!! And is playing it on their 360!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Say yes to gears for the computer
Chappy 5th June 2009, 04:29 Quote
Gears of War 2 Only Earned 5 Million $ Worldwide, Unlike Gears of War 1 that Released in both PC & XboX Earned a Whopping 11 Million $, Whats the Problem not Releasing it on PC?
Chappy 5th June 2009, 04:36 Quote
I Guess I'll Have no Choice but to Make a PC Version MYSELF! I'll Cook an XBOX 360 GoW2 on PC, Although I Don't Know How?
gavomatic57 5th June 2009, 09:49 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy
I Guess I'll Have no Choice but to Make a PC Version MYSELF! I'll Cook an XBOX 360 GoW2 on PC, Although I Don't Know How?

Simple, just reskin GRAW, it's pretty much the same but GRAW was far less predictable and occasionally exciting.

The earnings discrepancy is down to the hype surrounding GOW1 - it was hyped to hell and 360 owners struggling to find good games to play all went out and bought it - I was one of them - pre-ordered it. Unfortunately it is not until you play it you realise you have been had and you avoid the sequel. Run to concrete freeway divider, duck down, shoot until you hear the bong....move to the next concrete freeway divider conveniently placed in front of a spawn point. Rinse, lather, repeat. Yawn.
PCvsConsole 3rd August 2009, 07:50 Quote
"Here's the problem right now; the person who is savvy enough to want to have a good PC to upgrade their video card, is a person who is savvy enough to know bit torrent to know all the elements so they can pirate software. Therefore, high-end videogames are suffering very much on the PC"
This guy is a fool, how easy is it to mod an xbox 360 and download the game PIRACY is not the issue its charging people to not only pay for the game but to play it online and to even download maps, ect and pc gamers simply wont do that its just to expensive and ridiculous id rather play and use user created maps, mods then pay these video game hustlers! so in other words there saying to play our game you cant be smart in that area or a "GAMER" or have knowledge of bit torrenting unless you want to downgrade to our POORLY made console(also he complaining about video cards whats this guys deal?) EPIC GAMES just for allowing this guy to try to make bullshit into sense and sell it i will NEVER PAY FOR ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR GAMES EVER!!! if the game was that good and online with your own master serverlist there would be no multiplayer piracy (atleast on your master server) other than me modding an xbox 360 and getting both features for free???? you guys R DuMMM
lambrinigirl77 17th July 2012, 04:17 Quote
it pains me to say this but it sooo irritates me that you can get away with taking gears of war 1 out on pc(which was very addictive) and cant take 2 and 3 out on pc i hate xbox and would prefer gears on the pc i do not think you can justify taking gears 1 out on pc and not the rest and i am pretty sure you have means and ways to stop piracy for them also.
Log in

You are not logged in, please login with your forum account below. If you don't already have an account please register to start contributing.



Discuss in the forums