It's not often that a game comes along which promises to change the landscape for PC gaming, one that prompts gamers to rush out and upgrade their systems to play the game in all its pixellated glory. The last time this happened was probably when Half-Life 2
was released... all the way back in 2004.
is probably the most anticipated PC game of the year and it's a game that looks set to drive PC gaming forwards into the next generation. And guess what: it's being released next week.
For those that have been under a rock for almost two years, Crysis
is a sci-fi first-person shooter set in 2019 and is developed by Crytek, the team behind the 2004 hit Far Cry
. You play as Jake Dunn, a United States Delta Force operator who wears a US Military prototype "Nano Muscle Suit." Your fancy new threads allow you to carry armour, increase speed, jump higher, cloak, reduce noise output and heal yourself in the midst of battle.
If you haven't already fired up the demo and watched your PC melt in the process, we seriously recommend you do. It's simply awesome, bringing back memories of Far Cry
with more advanced gameplay mechanics (and graphics) and it certainly eradicated of a lot of our early concerns
about the game.
To help celebrate the launch of this massively important title for PC gamers, we've teamed up with Electronic Arts
to provide five lucky bit-tech
readers with a chance to win a copy of the game. Each lucky winner will be given a code which enables them to download a copy of the game from EA Store
. This will grant you VIP access to the multiplayer beta
for the final few days, and you can start playing the full game the second it is released!
To be in with a chance of winning, all you have to do is answer the question below:
Question: What is the name of the main writer for Crysis?
If you're stuck, you can check out this article
for some help.
When you've figured out the answer send it in an email along with your name, bit-tech Forum username and daytime contact telephone number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPDATE: This competition is now closed. The winners have been selected as:
All winners have been notified by email.
- Stuart Pollitt aka Jaguar_Infinity
- Daniel Walker aka centy
- Darren Pullen aka kenco_uk
- Hugh Williams aka hughwi, and
- Steven Richardson aka veryevil
If you weren't one of the lucky five winners, there is still time to get your pre-order in before Friday - head over to EA Store.
- This competition is open to all bit-tech forum members. (if you aren't already a member, it's free and simple to register!)
- Emails must be received by 11:59 AM GMT Wednesday 14th November 2007 to qualify.
- Multiple entries will be disqualified - please include your forum username in your submission.
- The five winners will be chosen randomly from correct entries and informed by email.
- The Editor's decision is final.
- Prizes cannot be swapped for a cash alternative.
- Your email address will only be stored for the purpose of this competition and will not be passed on to any third parties