— Next-generation ATI FirePro™ professional graphics cards deliver ATI Eyefinity technology, Microsoft® DirectX®11 support, and OpenGL® 4.0 and OpenCL™ support2 across every price point —
SUNNYVALE, Calif. — April 26, 2010 — Following the launch of the ATI FirePro™ V8800, the industry’s most powerful professional graphics card ever created3, AMD (NYSE: AMD) today introduced new additions to its next-generation ATI FirePro™ family – ATI FirePro™ V7800, ATI FirePro™ V5800, ATI FirePro™ V4800, and ATI FirePro™ V3800 – offering professionals in the digital content creation (DCC) and Computer Aided Design (CAD) industries advanced performance and features at every price point. AMD also announced the ATI FirePro™ 2460 Multi-View, a low profile, quad display graphics solution designed for financial institutions. These latest ATI FirePro solutions are expected to be available from HP, CDW, Newegg, Tiger Direct and other online retailers.
“AMD’s new ATI FirePro workstation graphics cards are the world’s first workstation class graphics cards to support up to four monitors on a single card4 – enabling increased productivity for professional graphics users,” said Janet Matsuda, senior director, Professional Graphics, AMD. “Our new ATI FirePro family delivers new value at every price point.”
“HP’s workstation customers are professionals at the top of their games who demand the latest technologies with the best possible performance,” said Jeff Wood, director, Worldwide Marketing, Workstations, HP. “HP recently expanded its workstation lineup to provide customers with an option for every need. Combined with our powerful HP Workstations, this new generation of ATI FirePro graphics cards delivers exceptional solutions that enable higher productivity levels for our customers at every stage of the game.”
The next generation of the ATI FirePro family of professional graphics cards is designed to meet the specific needs of each market segment. The cards have been tested in real-world scenarios to help ensure compatibility and stability for certification with many leading software applications. Each card supports Microsoft® DirectX®11, OpenGL® 4.0 and OpenCL™ along with ATI Eyefinity technology – providing professionals with the ability to expand their display resolution for increased productivity.4
· High-end: With 2GB of GDDR5 memory, the ATI FirePro V7800 offers superior performance capabilities1 and visual quality in a compact single slot form factor. Its massively parallel architecture can handle computationally or visually demanding applications without negatively impacting performance. With ATI Eyefinity technology, professionals can drive up to three independent 30” displays at one time.
· Mid-range: The ATI FirePro V5800 is a true workhorse and offers professionals the perfect balance of price and performance. Featuring 1 GB of GDDR5 memory, and support for up to three independent displays through ATI Eyefinity technology, the ATI FirePro V5800 delivers more than double the performance capability of the previous generation.5
* Entry-level: The ATI FirePro V4800 features 1GB of GDD5 memory and delivers 1.25X the performance capability compared to the previous generation,6 with outstanding results for entry-level CAD users with up to three display support through ATI Eyefinity technology, all at value level pricing. With 512 MB of DDR3 memory and a 30-bit display pipeline7that offers accurate color reproduction and exceptional visual quality, the ATI FirePro V3800 brings dramatic performance and to entry-level 3D graphics professionals.
The ATI FirePro 2460 Multi-View is a low profile, quad display graphics solution designed to improve the visual experience for financial traders while simultaneously helping to reduce power and cooling costs for some of the world’s largest financial institutions. With an average board power consumption of 13W, ATI FirePro 2460 is designed to meet the performance and productivity requirements of enterprise environments without increasing the power consumption needs of users while offering the capability to support multi-monitor ATI Eyefinity technology.
· YouTube: ATI Eyefinity technology for DCC workflows
· Certification page: ATI FirePro graphics have received more than 90 application certifications
· At Work Blog: AMD Changing the Game in Professional Graphics
· More information: ATI FirePro professional graphics
· Twitter: Follow AMD professional graphics updates @ATIFirePro
· Facebook: Become a fan of AMD technology on Facebook
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit www.amd.com
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, ATI, the ATI logo, FirePro, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Microsoft, Windows, Windows Vista, and DirectX are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos.
 Based on comparison of ATI FirePro™ V7800 with 2.72 Single Precision Performance (TFLOPs) compared to ATI FirePro™ V7750 with 1.2 Single Precision Performance (TFLOPs).
2 OpenCL compliant driver and SDK release scheduled for later in 2010.
3 Based on comparison of 1600 stream processors and 147.2GB/s memory bandwidth for ATI FirePro™ V8800 vs. 240 CUDA processors and 102GB/s for NVIDIA QuadroFX 5800, as reported on www.nvidia.com/object/IO_11761.htm
. As of 3/1/2010 ATI FirePro™ V8800 has the highest number of stream processors of any graphics card.
4 ATI Eyefinity technology can support multiple displays using a single enabled ATI FirePro™ professional graphics card; the number of supported displays varies by card model. Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, or Linux® is required in order to support more than 2 displays. Depending on the card model, native DisplayPort™ connectors and/or certified DisplayPort™ active or passive adapters to convert your monitor’s native input to your card’s DisplayPort™ or Mini-DisplayPort™ connector(s) may be required. See www.amd.com/firepro
5 Based on comparison of ATI FirePro™ V5800 with 800 stream processors to ATI FirePro™ V5700 with 320 stream processors.
6 Based on comparison of ATI FirePro™ V4800 with 400 stream processors to ATI FirePro™ V3750 with 320 stream processors.
7 30-bit monitor required for full 30-bit display (10-bit per RGB component). ATI FirePro™ 3D graphics card can display over one billion colors when attached to 30-bit displays.