Intel Posts Record First Quarter Revenue of $9.7 Billion
* Record Server Microprocessor Revenue
* Revenue up 9 Percent Year-over-Year
* Gross Margin up 4 Points Year-over-Year
* Operating Income up 23 Percent Year-over-Year
* Net Income $1.4 Billion; EPS 25 Cents
SANTA CLARA, Calif., April 15, 2008 – Intel Corporation today announced record first-quarter revenue of $9.7 billion, operating income of $2.1 billion, net income of $1.4 billion and earnings per share (EPS) of 25 cents.
"Our first quarter results demonstrate a strengthening core business and a solid global market environment," said Paul Otellini, Intel president and CEO. "We saw healthy demand for our leading-edge processors and chipsets across all segments. Looking forward, we remain optimistic about our growth opportunities as we continue to reap the benefits of our 45nm technology leadership."
To read the complete earnings release, click here.
Intel, the world's largest chip maker, is also a leading manufacturer of computer, networking and communications products. Additional information about Intel is available at www.intel.com/pressroom
Intel is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.