Mnpctech starts Mod Men video series

Mnpctech starts Mod Men video series

You can follow the progress of the series' Mod Men PC project in our forums.

A new modding video series got off to a flying start this week, with the first episode of Mod Men being released on YouTube.

The new series is produced by Mnpctech, a US-based modding store that sponsors our Mod of the Month competition, and whose staff are regulars on our forums. The new show features guides, reviews and details of a scratch-built PC project.

The first episode looks at a new case from Cooler Master, some awesome-looking double sided tape and a meeting with one of the paint artists who had a hand in some of Mnpctech's best projects.

Also featured in the video is a brand new project called the Mod Men PC, which is based on designs made by Mnpctech and one of our own forum users, Cheapskate. The project has already got off to a stonking start, and Mnpctech has begun a project log in our forum, which details how the project is coming together.

Previous projects by the team include District 9 Prawn PC and Nvidia Ion Cube, which was also designed by Cheapskate and built by Mnpctech's Bill Owen.

Have you checked out the modding series yet? Have any of your own modding exploits been successful? Let us know in the forums.

Fantus 3rd March 2011, 17:27 Quote
Mod the Month

Mod OF the Month...?

Been waiting to watch this since they announced, definitely sounds interesting.
maximus09 3rd March 2011, 17:51 Quote
This is pretty cool. Reminds me of Junk Yard Wars for some reason, but better ;)
Blademrk 3rd March 2011, 17:56 Quote
Bah, just typed out a message and accidently nudged the mouse over the Crime & Investigation ad on the right hand side of the screen. the pop up ad then obliterated my message before I could post it :(
sotu1 3rd March 2011, 20:02 Quote
Just watched this, good little episode and has me looking back at my dremmel....
TWeaK 3rd March 2011, 21:35 Quote
Awesome! Was looking forward to this. Makes me want to have a go at cutting out the cable holes in my motherboard tray that I've always wanted..

@Blademrk: get Opera :P One of the main reasons I stay with that is that it saves your forms when you click away from them. I can check something out after typing a long message or filling in address details and just use the rocker clicks to go back to the page and it'll all still be there.
Xir 4th March 2011, 10:46 Quote
Double Sided Tape...What will they think of next?

I'm waiting for a review here, with tables of Shear-Factor, Stickyness and Ease-of-Peel :D
mnpctech 4th March 2011, 13:51 Quote
Thank you for giving the first episode a chance by watching :)

Our goal was to make something that appealed to both veteran modders and people with a casual interest in modding. The response so far sounds like we're on track!

The next 4 episodes are even better. Everyone on the crew started settling into their job and I got more comfortable in my role. It's one thing to talk to a camera when you're alone, but when people are standing around and waiting for you, it takes awhile to get comfortable with it.

The Producer gave Cheapskate and I permission to share behind the scenes progress on the PC build here on bit, http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=202911

@Xir, the tape segment continues throughout the series...
Djayness 5th March 2011, 10:33 Quote
So is this going to be aired on American TV or something or is it a youtube only thing?
docodine 9th March 2011, 08:58 Quote
I love you for having CPU's PC Modder issues and MaximumPC's Extreme Systems guide in your intro. Some of my favorite reading material. ;)
mnpctech 11th March 2011, 02:26 Quote
@Djayness, YouTube.... maybe someday we could get it on TV...I'd be flattered if PBS expressed interest.

@docodine, absolutely....and would be great if those mags did special editions again
mnpctech 22nd March 2011, 12:21 Quote