This press release is written by a third party and the content does not reflect the opinion of bit-tech's editorial team
Launch of Define XL
As the name implies, Define XL is the larger sibling of the acclaimed and award winning Define R2/R3 case. Similar to Define R2/R3, it offers a number of interesting functions with a very stylish appearance. It's a case focused on low noise level, without neglecting other important features such as cooling, expandability and ease of use.
Key featuresDefine XL Black Pearl
* Stylish design
* Pre-fitted with noise absorbing material
* Configurable thermal chamber design
* Great cooling possibilities, 3x fans included (2x 140mm, 1x 180mm)
* 10x HDD slots
* Unique ModuVent™ design in side panel
* 4x 5,25" bays, 1x 5,25" to 3,5" converter included
* mini-itx, micro ATX, ATX and E-ATX motherboard
* 10x HDD trays. 4x HDD trays in the HDD cage in the main chamber. This HDD cage is removable and rotatable. 6x HDD trays in the lower HDD chamber. These HDD cages are fixed.
* A total of two 140mm fans and one 180mm fan included. Front 140mm fans are mounted with removable, washable filter. A fan controller is included, for mounting in one of the rear expansion slots.
* Pre-fitted with dense noise absorbing material in both side panels.
* ModuVent™ feature, allowing the user to choose between an optimal low noise level, having the cover mounted or optimal airflow by removing the cover and mounting a fan for intake.
* Case size (WxHxD): 232x560x561.3mm
Define XL from side
An important feature of the XL is the division into three thermal chamber designs. This enables the user to freely choose the best thermal configuration suited for their needs. First is the upper main chamber, containing most of the components, such as motherboard, ODD and one HDD cage.
The second thermal chamber, the PSU chamber, with a removable lid. The lid can be removed if the user wants to turn the PSU upside down, pulling out air from the main chamber.The third chamber is the lower HDD chamber, consisting of room for six hard drives. This chamber is cooled by an optional 140mm fan in the front. The standard configuration is to let the air that has gone through the HDD's and therefore is hot, go out behind the right side panel (seen from the front) and out in the rear of the case.
Define XL HDD
* 2x 140mm fans (one 140mm included, one optional) with removable and washable filters, in the front. Recommended for intake of air.
* 1x 120mm fan optional with removable and washable filter, in the front. Recommended for intake of air.
* 1x 180mm fan included in the top of the case. Recommended for exhaust of air.
* 1x 140mm fan included in the rear of the case. Recommended for exhaust of air.
* 1x 120/140mm fan optional in the side of the case. Recommended for intake of air.
For more information, please visit www.fractal-design.com