SteelSeries Sensei Wireless Announced

SteelSeries Sensei Wireless Announced

The SteelSeries Sensei Wireless

SteelSeries has introduced a new wireless addition to its gaming mouse lineup, the SteelSeries Sensei Wireless.

The mouse has just a 1ms response time, so input lag should be kept to a minimum while the 16hr battery life should be enough for even the most dedicated of gamers. If you have to keep going, or can't do without the instant feel of a wired mouse, you can also plug the Sensei Wireless directly into your computer.

The laser sensor on this new mouse is even more powerful than the existing SteelSeries Sensei, with a Counts-Per-Inch (CPI) level of 8,200, compared to 5,700 for the tethered version. This should provide even more scope for tailoring the mouse to your needs.

Joining the new sensor are 8 fully configurable buttons and rubberised accents for added grip. There are also three illuminated zones - scroll wheel, SteelSeries logo, pin hole battery indicator - which can be set to any of 16.8million colours.

Included with the mouse is its base station, which is a charging dock, wireless transceiver and battery life indicator all in one. It also has user-controlled illuminated accents.

Given all these features it's no surprise the SteelSeries Sensei Wireless demands a premium price, with an MSRP of £134.99. Its release date is March 2014.

jrs77 6th January 2014, 13:59 Quote
I'm still mad at SteelSeries for discontinuing the Ikari Laser. They should release an improved version of it, and I'd instantly buy me two of them.

Anyways, not a fan at all of wireless input-devices.
ViPPeR_666 6th January 2014, 14:29 Quote
I'm extremely happy with my Sensei MLG, don't I'd ever come back to a wireless mouse again. Don't feel like raging with my PC when battery runs out during a FPS playtime. lol
sixfootsideburns 6th January 2014, 17:40 Quote
I wouldn't ever:
1) spend that much on a mouse when there are very worthy alternatives for 1/2 the cost
2) use a wireless mouse for gaming

I do however use one for work because it simplifies toting my laptop around and minimizes cables. I looked and looked for a larger wireless mouse that wasn't targeted towards gamers and couldn't find anything that fit my needs. I know the market is small, but I wonder if anyone will ever release a mouse that has good build quality, small dongle, usable for bigger hands, and good battery life without looking like a plastic piece of crap.

Seems like an equally niche market for such a premium mouse though... so maybe there is hope
Parge 6th January 2014, 19:42 Quote
£135 on a mouse! Madness.
CowBlazed 6th January 2014, 21:34 Quote
Wireless and wired in one is interesting.
Ficky Pucker 6th January 2014, 22:39 Quote
i'll have whatever they're smoking at SteelSeries.