Asus announces Vulcan ANC Republic of Gamers headset

Asus announces Vulcan ANC Republic of Gamers headset

Asus' Republic of Gamers brand is now branching out into peripherals such as the Vulcan ANC headset.

Asus has just announced the Vulcan ANC headset as a new addition to its Republic of Gamers (ROG) line-up of gaming hardware and peripherals.

The Vulcan is the first headset in the ROG range, and Asus claims that it's been designed from the ground up for gamers.

The set of cans features active noise cancelling technology, which aims to cut out intrusive outside sounds to allow gamers to frag in peace. The headset is also wireless and operates over a Bluetooth connection.

According to Asus, the Vulcan ANC will also feature carbon-fibre-effect detailing and 40mm drivers. The headset is already in production, so expect to see the ROG branded headset on the shelves at your favourite retailer sometime soon.

Does Asus' new Vulcan ANC headset look tempting to you? Let us know your thoughts in the forums.

Asus announces Vulcan ANC Republic of Gamers headset Asus announce Vulcan ANC Republic of Gamers headset Asus announces Vulcan ANC Republic of Gamers headset Asus announce Vulcan ANC Republic of Gamers headset

Canon 31st May 2011, 12:24 Quote
A lovely headset, will look forward to the review. Off-topic-ish: On the subject of Computex, please go and spill something nasty on Gigabyte's display, it is FAR too clean.
[USRF]Obiwan 31st May 2011, 12:50 Quote
The girl is more impressive...
Lenderz 31st May 2011, 13:27 Quote
I've had mixed experiences with wireless headsets, whilst I prefer them their battery life tends to suck. I'd be interested to know how long these would last.
Parge 31st May 2011, 13:28 Quote
Wireless.... hmm. Great, but does that mean its going to be:

A) heavy with batteries
B) running out of juice all the time
vampalan 31st May 2011, 13:28 Quote
Off topic, but.. walk around Taipei at the right area at the right time, and cute girls are all over the place.
Fizzban 31st May 2011, 13:33 Quote
Originally Posted by [USRF]Obiwan
The girl is more impressive...

Just what I was thinking. Headset does look good though. Be interesting to see if it clamps onto your head like a vice..I kinda get that impression from the look of it.
Xir 31st May 2011, 13:39 Quote
That't an impressive set of boots...errr, Headset :D
Unknownsock 31st May 2011, 13:43 Quote
Asus sure know how to make ugly gear!
azrael- 31st May 2011, 13:49 Quote
So... would she be part of the standard package?
EdwardTeach 31st May 2011, 14:24 Quote
Lovely pair of boots!
sotu1 31st May 2011, 16:28 Quote
In the market for a good headset....any idea what this is compatible with?
Fredrics 31st May 2011, 17:02 Quote
Will be damn expensive so I doubt I would get them
Ficky Pucker 31st May 2011, 20:00 Quote
gaming headset with active noise cancelling and wireless, looks like sound quality was the last thing they care about lol.
TWeaK 31st May 2011, 22:56 Quote
I like an attractive girl as much as the next, but does anyone else think that the temporary tattoo was just a little bit too much?

I'll soon be in the market for a good headset (at a good price) so maybe I might look into this when it comes. Saying that though, the general vibe I've got is that I'm better off going for a great set of headphones and a separate mic, so it'd have to really hit the spot.

@edit: Just noticed the Active Noise-Cancelling feature - my girlfriend will love these! I already get loads of stick for not hearing her when I've got headphones on

@editedit: Ooo Bluetooth too, if I the mic can be stashed away maybe it could be tolerable as a headset on the move.. Just about any Bluetooth speakers I've seen are rubbish, being designed for calls rather than sound quality. It would be good if these were the ultimate all-rounder headset, but maybe I'm just dreaming
Xtrafresh 1st June 2011, 00:05 Quote
Theak, for quality sound Bluetooth headset on the move, there's no replacement for the Plantronics 590a. I'm halfway in my second pair now :D
Whindog 1st June 2011, 03:03 Quote
Im all for a good heaset but i can only imagine how much the price of these will be.......AND how bad the sound quality is gonna be.

I hope they prove me wrong, but i cant see it.

Also how will it work with sound cards.......( I know its bluetooth, but how may 3.5mm to Bluetooth adapters you seen??)
SpAceman 1st June 2011, 03:08 Quote
Looks pretty good. I have been waiting for a decent wireless gaming headset. I never liked that Logitech G930. the receiver looks... Ugly. If this uses a Bluetooth connection I would imagine I could use any dongle I wanted instead of a big unsightly one. Also the red will match my keyboard backlight and case lighting.
Ahadihunter1 4th July 2011, 12:26 Quote
get a good sennheiser for the better. don't waste your money on this junk.... remember republic of gamers mars? the dual 280 gtx graphics card was it? anyway my crossfire 4850 was making progress without the cliche... and £1000 price tag.