May's installment of the Catalyst program looks continue ATI's trend of quality drivers every month.
Last night, ATI released the latest version of its Catalyst driver program, version 5.5. It was slightly later than the normal release schedule for their monthly updates, but fear not, they're finally here.
The list of bugs fixed is impressive as always, and there are a number of issues that the driver team are working on fixing. Here's a snippet of resolved issues from the release notes
- 3DMark05: Running the application under Windows XP for extended periods of time no longer results in the operating system failing to respond when using an ATI Radeon™ X700 PRO
- Ashli Viewer sample Wood: Display corruption is no longer noticed when Anisotropic Filtering set to 4x or above
- Ashli Viewer v1.6.0: Running the application under Windows 2000 and launching a sample item found in the Programs & Shaders no longer results in corruption being displayed in the sample item
- City of Heroes: Playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI Radeon™ Xpress 200 series installed no longer results in the characters in the game appearing corrupted
- Freedom force VS The 3rd Reich: Playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI Radeon™ 8500 installed no longer results in the super hero character attributes appearing blank
- Imperial Glory Demo: Playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI Radeon™ X800 installed no longer results in the game failing to respond
# Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2: Setting the graphic option in the Catalyst™ Control Center to Optimal Quality, followed by launching the game and setting the resolution option to 1600x1200, no longer results in a performance drop being noticed
- Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic: Loading the Dantooine level of the game under Windows XP no longer results in slow game performance
You can download the Catalyst Control Center update here
, and you can download the legacy Control Panel version here
Having problems installing the latest Catalyst drivers? Or maybe you've got some feedback on the new driver. Let us know