Far Cry 4 announced and set for November

Far Cry 4 announced and set for November

Far Cry 4 will be set in the Himalayas and sees the player going up against a self appointed despotic king.

Far Cry 4 has been confirmed by Ubisoft and is scheduled to be released on November 21.

The next installment of the the open-world first-person-shooter franchise will be set in the Himalayas with the player going toe to toe with a ‘despotic self-appointed king’ who is terrorising the fiction region of Kyrat.

The game is being developed across five studios with Ubisoft Montreal taking the lead and Red Storm Entertainment, Ubisoft Toronto, Ubisoft Shanghai and Ubisoft Kiev all contributing.

’Following the success of Far Cry 3, we wanted to take the franchise to the next level and create a game that will surprise players and exceed fans’ expectations,” said executive producer Dan Hay. [i]’Given the unique setting, we feel Far Cry 4 will stand out as a top first-person shoot and we’re eager to reveal more about the game in the coming months.’

Alongside the PC, Far Cry 4 is being developed for the Xbox One and Playstation 4 as well as the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. It will first be shown off during Ubisoft’s media briefing at E3 in June.

Despite nothing on show except the box art, a limited edition pre-order of Far Cry 4 promising three extra missions starring Hurk from Far Cry 3 is already on offer.

The Far Cry series has become known for changing its setting with each new entry to the series. Far Cry 2, released in 2008, took the series in a radically different direction from the original whisking the player away to Africa and giving them random bouts of malaria. In 2012, Far Cry 3 pitched you into the middle of a violent turf war on a tropical island.

The franchise has never been afraid to try new things either as shown by Far Cry 3’s standalone DLC pack, Blood Dragon, an 80s inspired pulpy neon-pink-hued sci-fi adventure that took such a departure from the original game that its announcement on April 1 was initially believed to be a prank pulled by Ubisoft.

GeorgeK 16th May 2014, 11:41 Quote
Colour me excited :) Far Cry 2 for me was a big disappointment but I absolutely loved FC3 and BD :D I might have to give them another playthrough each between now and November...
Shirty 16th May 2014, 12:42 Quote
I'm also looking forward to this - these games are fun if not genre-defining.

I just hope they move away from the now hackneyed "Ubi Dynamics" that every Ubisoft title of the past few years has shared. Crafting etc in AC4: Black Flag almost felt like a re-skinned FC3, time for a change.
damien c 16th May 2014, 13:06 Quote
Meh will wait for reviews and videos off it to see if it's the same mess as Far cry 3.
blacko 16th May 2014, 14:10 Quote
I'm expecting good things from FC4.

PS.....

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same ****ing thing... over and over again, expecting... **** to change. That... is crazy; but the first time somebody told me that...I dunno, I thought they were bullshitting me, so boom — I shot him. The thing is, okay... He was right. And then I started seeing: everywhere I looked, everywhere I looked, all these ****ing pricks, everywhere I looked, doing the exact same ****ing thing... over and over and over and over again thinking: "This time, it's gonna be different; no, no, no, no, no, please... This time it's gonna be different." ...I am sorry, I don't like the way you are looking at me... Okay, do you have a ****ing problem in your head? Do you think I am bullshitting you? Do you think I am lying? **** you! Okay? **** YOU! It's okay, man. I'm gonna chill, hermano. I'm gonna chill... The thing is... alright, the thing is: I killed you once already... and it's not like I am ****ing crazy. It's okay... It's like water under the bridge.
Did I ever tell you the definition... of insanity?"
— Vaas
tonyd223 16th May 2014, 16:09 Quote
I really loved FC1
phinix 16th May 2014, 16:36 Quote
Sweet:) Can't wait! November, cool, sounds pretty fast, glad we wont need to wait a year or two for it...
ArthurB 17th May 2014, 00:54 Quote
What are the chances of a Blood Dragon sequel based on FC4? :)
Dedlite 17th May 2014, 13:13 Quote
I reckon we're looking at a 2015 launch then, right?
Stanley Tweedle 18th May 2014, 11:53 Quote
Originally Posted by damien c

Minority = you :)
Fizzban 18th May 2014, 16:14 Quote
What's Jean-Luc Picard doing in the Farcry poster (guy in pink)? Got sick of saving the galaxy? :)
Stanley Tweedle 18th May 2014, 19:35 Quote
reminds me more of the retard nazi anders ready-breivik or the actor George Kennedy: