Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition to hit Xbox One and PS4

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition to hit Xbox One and PS4

Tomb Raider was released to a warm critical reception in March this year.

Tomb Raider is getting a polish and heading to the Playstation 4 and Xbox One early next year.

The recent reboot will be launching as Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition on January 28 2014. The new version will feature a new Lara Croft model designed to make use of the next generation consoles, new lighting work and the 'Tress FX' technology that simulates hair movement.

The Tress FX feature was included in PC versions of Tomb Raider and was usable by gamers with higher end graphics cards.

The game will also feature textures at a much higher resolution, the surroundings will be more destructible and Tomb Raider will run natively in 1080p.

'The new hardware let us finally express the original vision in all of its glory, said Crystal Dynamics executive producer Scot Amos. 'This was a continued labour of love. We pulled the game apart and rebuilt it with painstaking detail to add enhanced visual storytelling but without changing the award winning tale. The end result is a cinematic living world.'

The Definitive Edition will include all of the downloadable content currently available for Tomb Raider and also ship with digital versions of the Dark Horse-published tie-in comic. Developer videos and a digital version of a mini-art book will also accompany the game.

Deders 9th December 2013, 13:04 Quote
Are they actually re-building it or just giving it the level of detail the PC version had?
dyzophoria 9th December 2013, 14:52 Quote
I wonder if it is 1080p on both consoles. I'm really curious how tress fx will perform
Griffter 10th December 2013, 05:46 Quote
i think its just the pc version now. or just under it which makes me giggle like a school girl. im sure all they did was export/save for web. and increased jpg quality to 85% and proceeded to click save all user slices only.

no work done here, move along folks.
Gunsmith 10th December 2013, 06:16 Quote
now with more QTE's!
law99 10th December 2013, 10:24 Quote
can you polish a turd?

/being a nob - I haven't played it so can't comment.
Harlequin 10th December 2013, 10:42 Quote
Originally Posted by law99
can you polish a turd?

/being a nob - I haven't played it so can't comment.

AlienwareAndy 10th December 2013, 13:49 Quote
IMO console owners are in for a bloody treat if this looks even half as good as it did on PC. I absolutely loved it from start to finish and it was one of only two games I bothered to finish this year, the other one being Metro LL.

I'm really looking forward to the next one in the series and I hope it can give more of what was fantastic about TR and less of what was a bit lame.

But overall? one of the best games I've played this year.