Naughty Dog unveils Uncharted 4

Naughty Dog unveils Uncharted 4

Little more than a logo and some narration setting up the basic plot were revealed by the trailer.

Naughty Dog has revealed a new entry in the Uncharted series that will be heading for the Playstation 4.

During the Playstation 4's launch event in the US, the developers showed a brief teaser trailer featuring narration from actor Todd Stashwick, who will play a character in the game, and that lists the title as simply 'Uncharted'.

Developers did not reveal anything else about the Sony-exclusive game, other than stating that it will be a big jump forward in terms of graphics.

'Our goal is to continue what we've done in previous console generations and once again deliver the best in storytelling, performance capture, technical innovation and graphics on the PS4,' said Naughty Dog community strategist Anne Meyer on the Playstation blog.

At the same event, the developer also revealed DLC for The Last of Us titled Left Behind. The events of this single player expansion take place before the events of the core game.

The Uncharted series has been a core franchise for the Playstation 3, with its first entry coming out in 2007, about a year after the console was first released. The third and final instalment in the series was released in 2011.

Naughty Dog themselves have been loyal to Sony for a long time. The developer started working with Sony on the first Playstation and was behind the original Crash Bandicoot games.

dipzy 15th November 2013, 09:20 Quote
I hope they release it soon, really excited for it :D
kenco_uk 15th November 2013, 09:24 Quote
Reason enough to buy a PS4, IMO. The highlight for me is still Uncharted 2, particularly the train level. The graphical prowess of the engine behind the game has been second to none, the games have been a showcase for the PS3 (and tbh, still are).
sandys 15th November 2013, 10:07 Quote
Here's hoping they can freshen up the gameplay for the next generation, whilst I have enjoyed them all I didn't feel U3 had many interesting ideas or wow moments, perhaps I have been spoilt, was nice to play in 3D though.
mclean007 15th November 2013, 12:52 Quote
I'm with kenco - an Uncharted game being announced for PS4 just confirmed my next gen choice, but I also agree with sandys that U3 was a disappointment after the epic U2, which remains one of my all time gaming highlights. Hopefully U4 on PS4 will be a return to form.
MjFrosty 15th November 2013, 15:37 Quote
NaughtyDog are one of the best developers on the scene. The Last of Us is one of the best put together games in existence, and nobody can deny that.
law99 15th November 2013, 15:46 Quote
NOOOOO!!!! SHOW ME PICTURES :D
kenco_uk 15th November 2013, 15:58 Quote
Originally Posted by MjFrosty

Hmm.. I've got to pick this back up sometime. I think I only got up to a point in the sewers.