bit-gamer.net

Erotic game booted off Greenlight

Erotic game booted off Greenlight

Seduce Me will feature light strategy gameplay centred around decadent American socialites.

Indie developer No Reply Games has had its debut title, an adult game titled Seduce Me, kicked off Steam Greenlight.

The game was submitted to Valve's crowd sourced Steam approval platform when the service first launched last Thursday. According to the developers it was taken down 'almost straight away'.

Seduce Me is based on the lives of American socialites and celebrities with a focus on decadence and glamour. It describes itself as an erotic title with light strategy gameplay. Its Greenlight page has now been replaced with a message stating that it has violated the terms of service for the platform.

'The gaming establishement is fine with violence and gore, but is uncomfortable with sexual themes,' added No Reply Games co-founder Andrejs Skuja.

In its 'about' section, Greenlight states that it will restrict titles that contain offensive material but does not define what it means by offensive, nor does it explicitly prevent any titles of an adult nature being submitted.

'Many people still view games as for children, ins spite of the fact that the average gamer is 30 years old,' said No Reply Games co-founder Miriam Bellard.

Steam Greenlight launched last week and currently has more than 750 titles awaiting approval. Shortly after its launch, Valve started banning Steam users who were flooding the platform with fake projects.

Speaking to Kotaku, Valve spokesperson Doug Lombardi stated that 'Steam has never been a leading destination for erotic material' and that Greenlight does not intend to change that.

No Reply Games founders Skuja and Bellard previously worked for Killzone developer Guerrilla Games. The developers are intending to release Seduce Me in November this year.

62 Comments

Discuss in the forums Reply
Nexxo 5th September 2012, 09:35 Quote
Quote:
'The gaming establishement is fine with violence and gore, but is uncomfortable with sexual themes,' added No Reply Games co-founder Andrejs Skuja.

Kinda.
Dwarfer 5th September 2012, 09:36 Quote
Never heard of it but now it's come to light the masses (Babylon) deem it unfit then I will certainly give it some air :)
DragunovHUN 5th September 2012, 09:48 Quote
"Greenlight will does not intend to change that."

Typo?
DreamCatcher 5th September 2012, 10:03 Quote
I find it very disturbing indeed that violence and gore, which is something I personally consider to be offensive by its very nature, is tollerable whereby eroticism and sensual-physical love, something essential to continuance and evolution, is considered offensive!
Society is truly in a bitter and mentally depleted state if this is the case.
That said,however, there is still a lot that such a game can do wrong such as promoting degradation / humiliation or worse. I sencerely hope, however, that this particular product is aiming for a higher standard, more classy so to speak and therefore deserves a fair chance.
If it is shallow or badly made the market will rule judgement anyway...
erratum1 5th September 2012, 10:04 Quote
Quote:
'Many people still view games as for children, ins spite of the fact that the average gamer is 30 years old,' said No Reply Games co-founder Miriam Bellard.

+1

We have 18 rated games but they still are uncomfortable with depicting adult subjects like sex or rape that you might see in an 18 film.
r3loaded 5th September 2012, 10:08 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCatcher
I find it very disturbing indeed that violence and gore, which is something I personally consider to be offensive by its very nature, is tollerable whereby eroticism and sensual-physical love, something essential to continuance and evolution, is considered offensive!
That's pretty much America for you. All sorts of violence on TV is fine, but god help you if you swear or accidently show a nipple...
abezors 5th September 2012, 10:10 Quote
'The gaming establishement is fine with violence and gore, but is uncomfortable with sexual themes,'

No, not uncomfortable at all. Most people are fine with sexual themes - but it seems this game is purely about bonking rich young socialite sloots. Thus I imagine the target audience is the slimy sex-game player and not the typical gaming market per se. Besides, blowing peoples heads off or stealing cars is something I'd rather not enjoy in real life so I'll save that for gameplay. And if I want to play seduce the upper class sloot, well.. that's just another night out in Newcastle.

In any case, sex in games is rarely done well* without feeling cheap or patronising (though the Mass Effect "love scenes" tied in nicely to the stories).


*I'm thinking immediately of GTA:SA Hot Coffee, Leisure Suit Larry, and a handful of awkward moments playing Fear Effect 2 on the family TV.
brumgrunt 5th September 2012, 10:14 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragunovHUN
"Greenlight will does not intend to change that."

Typo?

Fixed, thank you!
adidan 5th September 2012, 10:17 Quote
Quote:
Seduce Me is based on the lives of American socialites and celebrities with a focus on decadence and glamour
Are we sure it was banned because of content or because it sounds inane and vacuous?
DreamCatcher 5th September 2012, 10:37 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by adidan

Are we sure it was banned because of content or because it sounds inane and vacuous?
It's setting and content does not appeal to me either and if it turns out to be inane and vacuous it won't succeed anyway. No reason, however, to not give it a chance at all.

@r3loaded
I know, lived there for a year and have family there as well. I have been able to enjoy the Irish/British humor for the past year now and find it increasingly hard to go back to american sitcoms... It is just so blunt most of the times...
Jhodas 5th September 2012, 10:37 Quote
Good grief is the games industry still that prudish? Why does the phrase 'Adult Entertainment' still carry such a huge stigma? Any game with an 18 sticker is adult entertainment, and many of them are available on steam. Why is this different?
Glix 5th September 2012, 10:41 Quote
It's all about where we draw the line, and as usual those in charge seem so out of touch it seems laughable when you compare what is acceptable to what isn't acceptable. Opinions: everyone has one!
Guinevere 5th September 2012, 10:42 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCatcher
I find it very disturbing indeed that violence and gore, which is something I personally consider to be offensive by its very nature, is tollerable whereby eroticism and sensual-physical love, something essential to continuance and evolution, is considered offensive!

You know what? I kind of agree with you... but not as much as I disagree with you.

Children's play often has a large element of 'violence' to it. Bang bang your dead. Groooaaaann I'm a zombie. Tickle mummy she's dead, bring her back to life with a magic kiss. Look mum, I have a gun which shoots bombs!

Pew pew!

It is impossible to prevent children from having an exposure to this. It's normal and it's healthy.

But 'sexy stuff'? 'Games' where you have to seduce a group of pool lounging sugar-daddy hunting air-heads? CGI rendered intercourse? Pornographic literature? (Seduce me has all of these!).

We're talking about tales of sensual-physical love we're talking about content specifically designed for young men to masterbate to. Adding relationships / dating / seduction into games is fine if the story deserves it but this is just cheap porn.

I cannot support the argument that titles such as 'Seduce me' should be as widely available to the young as games based around violent content such as the average FPS.

It's the same reason I have no problems with my 5yo kids seeing naked bodies (museums, changing rooms etc) but I wouldn't want them to watch a porn movie.

I would not attempt to ban seduce me from sale but I would not carry it in any store I owned or had control over, and clearly Valve feel the same way.

It's cheap, tacky and dirty.
derviansoul 5th September 2012, 11:00 Quote
Got the feeling this game will be a best seller just because of removing this....:p
Nexxo 5th September 2012, 11:15 Quote
Children integrate life at a level that they can cope with. So playground fights and cops and robbers (or zombies) is as harmless as seeing some statutes of naked human bodies, learning where babies come from or trying a kiss (yuk!). But we do not like to expose children to graphic adult violence like we do not expose them to graphic adult sexual activity because they are not able to integrate it yet.

I don't see a significant difference between the two. If children are not ready to deal with adult sexual content then they are also not ready to deal with adult violence. Yet I've seen ten-year olds playing Saints Row (with realistically screaming and bleeding people as you shoot them and drive over their burning bodies) in a household where parents would not allow them to see a pair of breasts. I know which I would worry about psychologically affecting them more.

We have a different attitude to violence and sex. Films like "The Expendables" depicting violence in a somewhat puerile manner are seen as harmless fun. Films depicting sexual activity with a similar level of cheesy immaturity is seen as filthy and degrading. Perhaps it is because sex is essentially an intimate act; something we know should be special and precious and valued, not degraded or cheapened or trivialised. But similarly, real violence is nasty and abhorrent, not something to be trivialised and made to look easy and fun. We should treat it as we treat sex, if for opposite but equal reasons.
law99 5th September 2012, 11:28 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevere
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCatcher
I find it very disturbing indeed that violence and gore, which is something I personally consider to be offensive by its very nature, is tollerable whereby eroticism and sensual-physical love, something essential to continuance and evolution, is considered offensive!

You know what? I kind of agree with you... but not as much as I disagree with you.

Children's play often has a large element of 'violence' to it. Bang bang your dead. Groooaaaann I'm a zombie. Tickle mummy she's dead, bring her back to life with a magic kiss. Look mum, I have a gun which shoots bombs!

Pew pew!

It is impossible to prevent children from having an exposure to this. It's normal and it's healthy.

But 'sexy stuff'? 'Games' where you have to seduce a group of pool lounging sugar-daddy hunting air-heads? CGI rendered intercourse? Pornographic literature? (Seduce me has all of these!).

We're talking about tales of sensual-physical love we're talking about content specifically designed for young men to masterbate to. Adding relationships / dating / seduction into games is fine if the story deserves it but this is just cheap porn.

I cannot support the argument that titles such as 'Seduce me' should be as widely available to the young as games based around violent content such as the average FPS.

It's the same reason I have no problems with my 5yo kids seeing naked bodies (museums, changing rooms etc) but I wouldn't want them to watch a porn movie.

I would not attempt to ban seduce me from sale but I would not carry it in any store I owned or had control over, and clearly Valve feel the same way.

It's cheap, tacky and dirty.

I'm not going to play games like this one... and I think you are right that Valve should be able to say "no, I don't want this in my store."

But I would continue to say that there is a place for it if Valve wanted to. Games are already bound by age restrictions and I think, if Vlave are sensible enough to prevent underage sales, they would have every right do do the opposite of what they have done now.

And yes, I doubt this is going to be a decent game... maybe if it wasn't just about seducing someone, it would be better. I do wonder if there will be any decent cinematic games that take on just relationships though. Perhaps in a similar vain to Quantic Dream games - in which case, if your character was able to make the decision to be nice or nasty, I don't think a bit of "the good stuff" should be out of the question - where the only objective is to make a character happy without harming those around them.
theshadow2001 5th September 2012, 11:45 Quote
The actual reason for kicking the game off of steam green light is not given. Only an inference that it may have something to do with the content from the valve quote. Ultimately the full facts aren't known.
Paradigm Shifter 5th September 2012, 12:01 Quote
As much as I frown on games like this, I can't help but think that publishers/bookstores/Amazon should have done the same with '50 Shades of Grey'...
Spreadie 5th September 2012, 12:01 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by abezors
'The gaming establishement is fine with violence and gore, but is uncomfortable with sexual themes,'

No, not uncomfortable at all. Most people are fine with sexual themes - but it seems this game is purely about bonking rich young socialite sloots. Thus I imagine the target audience is the slimy sex-game player and not the typical gaming market per se. Besides, blowing peoples heads off or stealing cars is something I'd rather not enjoy in real life so I'll save that for gameplay. And if I want to play seduce the upper class sloot, well.. that's just another night out in Newcastle.
You say no, then fall into the same trap of distatefully pigeon-holing the people who might buy it, whilst saying it's ok to play violent games!? :| :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by abezors
In any case, sex in games is rarely done well* without feeling cheap or patronising (though the Mass Effect "love scenes" tied in nicely to the stories).
Good point - which probably parallels with the Hollywood and adult film industries.

The thing with Mass Effect, you still had to actively pursue those relationships so, by your rationale, doing so makes us all slimy gamer types. :p

Kidding aside, Mass Effect walked the line quite well, and managed to make it largely socially acceptable.
law99 5th September 2012, 12:23 Quote
Well the silly thing about some of the objections that we have is that porn isn't just sexual, it is sometimes degrading and objectivises women or men. Which by itself isn't silly, yet most of us are quite happy to watch shows that continually do this for all our want and giggles yet never show any skin. As though hounding a girl for sex, making male chauvanist comments and reinforcing negative stereotypes are ok, as long as they aren't naked and doing it.

Mass Effect was definitely a good example of a game that tackled all of these issues well.
rollo 5th September 2012, 12:27 Quote
Good for steam
goldstar0011 5th September 2012, 12:38 Quote
As much as I think there should be freedom to experss "creativity" in any way, whether it in a story, with graphics, gore or sex. I'd watch an "erotic movie" than play an erotic game
Guinevere 5th September 2012, 13:29 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by law99
I do wonder if there will be any decent cinematic games that take on just relationships though.

I think we're a long way off having AI good enough for building believable relationships within the framework of a game, but we're already at the point where as players we can have an emotional attachment 'to' a character even if it's not an emotional attachment 'with' a character.

As to games handling 'just' relationships. I don't think that's possible as you can't have a relationship without there being a wider context... well not unless you create some sealed room 'Chat-line 2000 Pro' chat up simulator... but then you're not talking about relationships either.

Personally, I think exploring the intricacies of human relationships should be something we work on when we're not playing computer games.

Let's have games that get us attached to our characters / avatars but keep a step back from attempting to simulate relationships with them.
Landy_Ed 5th September 2012, 13:32 Quote
In the spirit of fairness & observing the age rating and <insert whatever other PC caveat you like>will BT review it?
[PUNK] crompers 5th September 2012, 13:35 Quote
I dont understand why this conversation has turned to children, it has nothing to do with children. The game should be rated the same as any other title and it is then up to the parent whether they let their child play it. The fact that many parents will happily let their child sit there and play COD but wouldnt show them Apocalypse Now is nothing to do with the games industry, its to do with people's conception of what a game is and who its for.

Personally I would never buy this nonsense, but I dont think adults should be stopped from buying this nonsense if they want.
adidan 5th September 2012, 13:45 Quote
TBH, I don't really care. A store can sell what it chooses to, we should only be bothered if legislation arises to stop the sale of adult orientated games.
Bauul 5th September 2012, 13:57 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by [PUNK
crompers]I dont understand why this conversation has turned to children, it has nothing to do with children.

The purpose of most games falls into the category of "play", which is also the primary domain of children. It's hard to differentiate the two - the actual gameplay of CoD falls neatly into the mock-childish violence all kids partake in (the "pew pew" activities that Guinevere so eloquently put it). It's just to content of the gameplay that makes it "adult".

True adult games are the ones that no child would enjoy, something like EVE Online. In the context of something like that (which is still arguably a game), I reckon the introduction of sex (ignoring the fact it wouldn't be relevant to the game) wouldn't bother anyone, because it's an adult environment.

I think as long as we keep producing games that have childish gameplay, sexual and other truly adult themes will remain taboo.
[PUNK] crompers 5th September 2012, 14:10 Quote
As far as I'm concerned the rating system is there for a reason, its not even very different from the film ratings system nowadays so you can draw direct parallels between the two. I understand what you are getting at with the words "play" and "game" however I dont think an industry should be hamstrung because of semantics.

People are far too quick to point the finger at society or the industry but never seem to mention a parents willingness to bow to [their child's] peer pressure. All it takes is a bit of backbone and common sense.
MjFrosty 5th September 2012, 14:10 Quote
Steam can do what they want frankly, if they choose not to sell it then so be it. I have a feeling this isn't as black and white as it first may seem. Seeing as it was taken down so quickly, I think maybe there is content in the game that isn't strictly offensive just because of it's sexual nature.

It does seem a tad ridiculous in this day and age that erotic games aren't accepted. But you can look at it from many angles.


For instance, you do see violent films on Sky Movies. Nothing really out of the ordinary. Wouldn't you be a bit shocked if all of a sudden, the announcer said "Next on Sky Movies, Big Black **** in Dad's daughter".

...I think so, yes.

They'll just have to take their business elsewhere and stop complaining.
Omnituens 5th September 2012, 14:19 Quote
I can see why they did this.

If they let one through, it would set precedence for others. Others could be blatant porn. Then they would have to draw a line about what is and is not acceptable and justify it. Blanket ban is easier and for the most part makes sense, at least until the is age verification built into Steam.
[PUNK] crompers 5th September 2012, 14:22 Quote
BUT there are channels on Sky where you can get aforementioned adult material should you so wish (and if you have a credit card).

Fair enough Valve may not have the infrastructure or the demand to set up an Adult XXX section on steam but they could if they wanted to, which is fine thats the way it should be - anyone who wanted "Big Black **** in Dad's daughter" (brilliant by the way) could have it. In fact I'm fairly sure there are sites in Japan which will provide just that kind of content in game form (but Japanese sexuality is another ball game).
MjFrosty 5th September 2012, 14:28 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by [PUNK] crompers
BUT there are channels on Sky where you can get aforementioned adult material should you so wish (and if you have a credit card).

Fair enough Valve may not have the infrastructure or the demand to set up an Adult XXX section on steam but they could if they wanted to, which is fine thats the way it should be - anyone who wanted "Big Black **** in Dad's daughter" (brilliant by the way) could have it. In fact I'm fairly sure there are sites in Japan which will provide just that kind of content in game form (but Japanese sexuality is another ball game).

True, but the point is the conventional Sky Movie channels aren't going to show pornographic films. There are P4V channels which are dedicated to just that to avoid any 'misunderstandings'.

I think it's safe to say this is no different. There isn't any pornographic material on there yet, so why should there be now. Valve aren't canning the distribution of the game, they're just waving their right to not want this on their store. Which I can fully understand.
Nexxo 5th September 2012, 14:33 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevere
I think we're a long way off having AI good enough for building believable relationships within the framework of a game, but we're already at the point where as players we can have an emotional attachment 'to' a character even if it's not an emotional attachment 'with' a character.

As to games handling 'just' relationships. I don't think that's possible as you can't have a relationship without there being a wider context... well not unless you create some sealed room 'Chat-line 2000 Pro' chat up simulator... but then you're not talking about relationships either.

Personally, I think exploring the intricacies of human relationships should be something we work on when we're not playing computer games.

Let's have games that get us attached to our characters / avatars but keep a step back from attempting to simulate relationships with them.

Too late. People are already having relationships through their avatars in MMORPG's. Some of them get pretty intense. In some cases there have been in-game weddings and affairs. Occasionally they have resulted in real life marriages --or divorces.
[PUNK] crompers 5th September 2012, 14:39 Quote
But this is still two people communicating through what could be described as a chat room. Actually chatting up an AI that gives convincing responses is a way off.
Landy_Ed 5th September 2012, 14:44 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by [PUNK] crompers
Actually chatting up an AI that gives convincing responses is a way off.

Relatively guilt & consequence free though, no?
law99 5th September 2012, 14:45 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevere
Quote:
Originally Posted by law99
I do wonder if there will be any decent cinematic games that take on just relationships though.

I think we're a long way off having AI good enough for building believable relationships within the framework of a game, but we're already at the point where as players we can have an emotional attachment 'to' a character even if it's not an emotional attachment 'with' a character.

As to games handling 'just' relationships. I don't think that's possible as you can't have a relationship without there being a wider context... well not unless you create some sealed room 'Chat-line 2000 Pro' chat up simulator... but then you're not talking about relationships either.

Personally, I think exploring the intricacies of human relationships should be something we work on when we're not playing computer games.

Let's have games that get us attached to our characters / avatars but keep a step back from attempting to simulate relationships with them.

Agreed. It would have to be ancilliary to a story, yet the prominant part of the gameplay... which is why it would have to be a Quantic Dreams type of game.
[PUNK] crompers 5th September 2012, 14:53 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landy_Ed
Relatively guilt & consequence free though, no?

And without reward! Unless we could fit a flesh light into a 5.25 drive bay and then......no i'll stop there.

What was that free game that came out a few years ago about a couple having an argument and you had to try and sort it out? It was pretty impressive and disappointing at the same time I want to say charade? masquerade?
law99 5th September 2012, 15:05 Quote
The day I lose a partner to video game intimacy... is the day I lose a partner to video game intimacy. I'd imagine the 5.25inch flesh light bay may also have something to do with it.
Landy_Ed 5th September 2012, 15:24 Quote
Hope that's not a shared pc then.....

(i just made myself feel ever so slightly sick...)
[PUNK] crompers 5th September 2012, 15:25 Quote
There is definiately a market here law99, i'll PM you. With the flesh light drive bay and Carmack's VR headset we'll take over the world (and perhaps stop procreation)
Harlequin 5th September 2012, 15:38 Quote
a teenager can walk into tesco`s and buy 50 shades of grey..... yet they `boot off` a forum a far softer game... right that works then
law99 5th September 2012, 15:55 Quote
Reminds me of that episode of Futurama where Robot partners were banned.

P.s. Can't wait. I think it is a win win situation. I'd call it an 8 inch bay though - it's a marketing thing.
adidan 5th September 2012, 16:14 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spreadie
Kidding aside, Mass Effect walked the line quite well, and managed to make it largely socially acceptable.
I thought that about ME1 (still have ME2 on the table and need to pick up ME3 so can't say).

I thought The Witcher 2 got a bit boring with regards to the sex scenes. I preferred the original Witcher - you basically didn't see anything, just hear a few comic moans and got a a card basically showing who you'd tagged.

Far less intrusive into the game.

Same goes for Dragon Age Origins, it gets boring seeing pixels try to copulate.
Guinevere 5th September 2012, 16:49 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo
Too late. People are already having relationships through their avatars in MMORPG's. Some of them get pretty intense. In some cases there have been in-game weddings and affairs. Occasionally they have resulted in real life marriages --or divorces.

But real life relationships through an avatar is a different thing to someone having a relationshop with an AI controlled character / NPC.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni35536248/
liratheal 5th September 2012, 16:57 Quote
I've just read an article about this elsewhere as well.

Made me chuckle "OMG, Steam don't want sex games?!"

Sure some gamers want to play sex games, but.. How many want to announce to their friends list that they're trying to score with some code and pictures?
KriTip 5th September 2012, 18:33 Quote
Quote:
ins spite
?? in spite
Nexxo 5th September 2012, 19:25 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevere
But real life relationships through an avatar is a different thing to someone having a relationshop with an AI controlled character / NPC.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni35536248/

Not as much as you think. In both cases you are having a relationship with the fantasy of a person.
liratheal 5th September 2012, 19:27 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by [PUNK] crompers
And without reward! Unless we could fit a flesh light into a 5.25 drive bay and then......no i'll stop there.

What was that free game that came out a few years ago about a couple having an argument and you had to try and sort it out? It was pretty impressive and disappointing at the same time I want to say charade? masquerade?

FYI - That sort of thing does exist. It cropped up on dA a while back..
Nexxo 5th September 2012, 19:29 Quote
Japan (where else?) has a whole bunch of 'relationship' games. The character "Ping" in MegaTokyo is an allusion to that phenomenon.
digitaldunc 5th September 2012, 19:40 Quote
I suspect Valve are more concerned with opening the floodgates to allowing poor quality shovelware porn masquerading as games than the actual content of the game itself, if that makes sense.

If it is more down to content itself, there's a whiff of moral outrage of the Daily Mail variety about it.

In any case I'd put money on the game being crap.
[PUNK] crompers 5th September 2012, 20:03 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaldunc
In any case I'd put money on the game being crap.

agreed
Sloth 5th September 2012, 20:25 Quote
There's certainly a double standard with regards to allowing violence while also disallowing any sexual content but in the case of Seduce Me I can see why it may be considered distasteful or "offensive". It sounds like it falls foul of the line between dating simulator and porn with a strategy game tacked on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo
Japan (where else?) has a whole bunch of 'relationship' games. The character "Ping" in MegaTokyo is an allusion to that phenomenon.
And plenty are all ages as well. The fun of the gameplay comes from trying to understand the characters, build a relationship through choosing what to say or do, and hopefully reach a good ending (which might be *gasp* a kiss!).

Even for adult games you're just including some more graphic scenes in much the same setting. Sex scenes are (or should be) the culmination of plenty of gameplay choices and effort as the natural progression of your in-game relationship rather than a couple clicks and the panties drop. Get the balance wrong and it's less game and more "spank bank" material.
Tribble 5th September 2012, 20:45 Quote
I went to the games website, looks bloody boring, they have a vid of the gameplay.

yawns, this is old news http://uk.ign.com/articles/2004/10/23/leisure-suit-larry-magna-cum-laude-uncut-and-uncensored-to-be-released :D ;)
Roskoken 6th September 2012, 01:13 Quote
Nobody seemed to have many problems with being able to **** Zevran up the ass in Dragon Age.

Games with sex in them are fine, but games ABOUT sex are a deffinate no no?

Weird that.
dolphie 6th September 2012, 04:19 Quote
Too many prudish bible bashers in the games industry, and America.
Sloth 6th September 2012, 18:45 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphie
Too many prudish bible bashers in the games industry, and America.
Somehow I don't think Valve, a historically forward thinking and progressive software company which has never (to my knowledge) made any business decision based on religious reasons, are bible bashers.
Fat Tony 6th September 2012, 21:16 Quote
Booted off steam for being too adult - I bet you couldn't pay for that king of publicity
Fat Tony 6th September 2012, 21:17 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony
Booted off steam for being too adult - I bet you couldn't pay for that kind of publicity
dolphie 7th September 2012, 00:10 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphie
Too many prudish bible bashers in the games industry, and America.
Somehow I don't think Valve, a historically forward thinking and progressive software company which has never (to my knowledge) made any business decision based on religious reasons, are bible bashers.

Nope, Valve are pretty cool. But the world and industry they exist in, is not.
N17 dizzi 8th September 2012, 10:54 Quote
No games that, tastefully *seemingly* explore sexuality..?

Best go back to stabbing someone in the forehead on AvP..

In other words, I get their point
oliverr97 8th September 2012, 19:15 Quote
Something like this was bound to happen eventually.
PingCrosby 8th September 2012, 22:09 Quote
I once seen a stocking top
Log in

You are not logged in, please login with your forum account below. If you don't already have an account please register to start contributing.



Discuss in the forums