bit-gamer.net

Hard Reset release date announced

Hard Reset release date announced

Hard Reset is a cyberpunk first-person shooter being developed by Flying Wild Hog studios.

The developers of Hard Reset, Flying Wild Hog, have announced some more details for their upcoming first-person, shooter Hard Reset - including a release date and price,

Hard Reset, Flying Wild Hog's first title, is now confirmed for release on PC on September 13, 2011.

Flying Wild Hog has also announced a price for the cyberpunk shooter, revealing that the game will cost £22.99 at launch.

Set in a dystopian future, Hard Reset places you into the role of Major Fletcher as he battles against an army of machines hell bent on assimilating the last fragment of the human race.

Key to the gameplay is the fact that Fletcher carries only two weapons in his arsenal, each of which has a series of modes that it can cycle through to fulfill his needs.

You can check out our Hard Reset preview for more information on the game, as well as the video below.

Let us know your thoughts in the forums.

7 Comments

Discuss in the forums Reply
Adnoctum 30th August 2011, 13:50 Quote
Oh no. A price like that has to tell me that they have no confidence that the game is going to be a big seller, and that price is going to be a main factor in most buyers minds and not how much they want to play it.
A more appropriate price for an independent game like this without the big publisher support would be $35-40. $25 or so is too cheap.
I hope I'm wrong because I was looking forward to it.
Glix 30th August 2011, 14:08 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adnoctum
Oh no. A price like that has to tell me that they have no confidence that the game is going to be a big seller, and that price is going to be a main factor in most buyers minds and not how much they want to play it.
A more appropriate price for an independent game like this without the big publisher support would be $35-40. $25 or so is too cheap.
I hope I'm wrong because I was looking forward to it.

You ain't converting it right... It will be closer to $35 for you.
Marvin-HHGTTG 30th August 2011, 14:11 Quote
Can publishers win? $60 - too expensive - console games only. $45 - not what it used to be in the good ol' days. $25 - must be rubbish.

I only look at the price after I've made up my mind about whether I like the game or not, based on reviews and videos. I then either wait until it's cheap enough to give it a whirl (like the Witcher 2 and Deus Ex Human Revolution - still waiting on those), or get it straight away if it's made that good an impression on me.
WildThing 30th August 2011, 14:46 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adnoctum
Oh no. A price like that has to tell me that they have no confidence that the game is going to be a big seller, and that price is going to be a main factor in most buyers minds and not how much they want to play it.
A more appropriate price for an independent game like this without the big publisher support would be $35-40. $25 or so is too cheap.
I hope I'm wrong because I was looking forward to it.

I hope you're wrong too, this games does look interesting. As for the price, I don't generally complain when games are cheap :|.

Also, the reason for it being that price could be because they have little or no big publisher support, no-one breathing down their necks telling them to overcharge...???

As always, I will wait for BT to review it.
Adnoctum 30th August 2011, 14:58 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glix
You ain't converting it right... It will be closer to $35 for you.
I just looked on Steam, $29. Currently on special for $26. You're getting ripped off, but that isn't news to you. I might be tempted to point out VAT, but does Steam even pay VAT? I know they don't in my region.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin-HHGTTG
Can publishers win?
If it is a great game at a great price, then I'll be over the moon and herald it as the beginning of a new day for publishers everywhere. But I don't see pigs flying so I'll assume that past experiences of poorly executed games will hold true.

By the way, you are far too optimistic. You should be living up (down?) to your username and insert more gloom and doom into your posts.
thil 30th August 2011, 19:08 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adnoctum
Oh no. A price like that has to tell me that they have no confidence that the game is going to be a big seller, and that price is going to be a main factor in most buyers minds and not how much they want to play it.

Au contraire, I'd say that such a price means that they think a *lot* of people are going to want to play it.

In my opinion, $35AU is what ALL games should be released at.
Glix 2nd September 2011, 03:02 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adnoctum
I just looked on Steam, $29. Currently on special for $26. You're getting ripped off, but that isn't news to you. I might be tempted to point out VAT, but does Steam even pay VAT? I know they don't in my region.

They should do unless they have found a channel island to base their services in. It's currently at £20 and I can't see any where else to get it from, I'm no rush though, still got plenty of other games to enjoy whilst I await reviews on this.

ps I originally wanted to put $30, but thought that was too cheap, do they not add some tax on in the US?
Log in

You are not logged in, please login with your forum account below. If you don't already have an account please register to start contributing.



Discuss in the forums