Old Republic pre-order details announced

Old Republic pre-order details announced

The Collector's Edition will include an art book, a statue and a galaxy map.

EA has announced the pre-order options for Star Wars: The Old Republic, which includes a Standard, Digital Deluxe and Collector's Edition of the game.

The UK retailers listed as supplying the pre-order are Game, Play and Amazon, although only Game currently has the title on its site with the standard edition marked at £39.99 and the Collector's Edition priced at £129.99.

The announcement follows a recent leak of information about the basic and Collector's editions by Polish and Spanish online retailers. However, the details about what's included in the editions appear to be accurate.

The limited Collector's Edition will come with a security authentication key, a soundtrack CD, a map of the Old Republic's galaxy, a Sith-lord statue and a 111-page journal of notes and sketches. It will also include an exclusive in-game mouse droid and access to an in-game store.

Meanwhile, the Digital Deluxe Edition, available through Origin, will only come with in-game items, including a flare gun, a training droid, a holographic dancer, a unique vehicle and a HoloCam that will keep visual records of in-game adventures.

All versions of the game will come with 30 days of game time, and pre-ordering will also provide you with early access to the MMO ahead of its launch. An exact release date for the title is still to be announced.

We previewed The Old Republic a while ago. Are you looking forward to a new Star Wars MMO? Let us know your thoughts in the forums.

NuTech 21st July 2011, 12:53 Quote
I really, really hope this pre-order isn't an indication of an imminent release. If the current beta is an accurate representation of the RC (which usually is the case), this game is not ready for prime-time.

They need to announce a nice long delay and find someone who understands there's more to making a good MMO than just thousands of lines of mediocre dialogue.
jrs77 21st July 2011, 12:58 Quote
I can totally see all the fanbois wasting their money on the collectors edition and it's probably the reason for the CE to look cool, so that alot of people grab it to refund the game. Monthly subscriptions won't be that much, as more then 50% will leave after the first month.

Let's face it, this game won't be the new best MMO everyone hopes for. SWTOR is more a single-player game with lot's of storytelling that happens to be playable online with some friends in coop.

SWTOR lacks basically all interesting features. Crafting is missing, trading is missing, territorial warfare is missing and again we're stuck within a single class not able to experience the whole game with a single character.

The cake is a lie.

Back then when SWTOR was announced for the first time I was like "Oh cool, hopefully they'll learn from what's been gone wrong with SWG." However after following the development reading the devblogs etc it turned into "Oh crap, yet another WoW-ripoff with no real innovation trying to milk the players by using a hip IP."

Even if it would be F2P I wouldn't touch this.
DriftCarl 21st July 2011, 13:14 Quote
pre-ordered as soon as I could via origin today.
Got the digital delux edition,
My mate has the beta and have been watching via a private stream, it looks really cool and very much the roleplay I hope it to be. Cant wait to get my hands on it.
I havn't played an MMO since I quit WoW last year in March. I have heard that SWTOR will be released in november, which gives me a month or so to get BF3 out of my system :)
Woodspoon 21st July 2011, 13:40 Quote
From what I've seen and heard, the only thing it's got going for it is the Star Wars name, with other MMO's doing what it does bigger, better or cheaper.
vdbswong 21st July 2011, 14:19 Quote
Well, was surprised all the rumours were true, thought they'd announce the Pre-order Date before (since they've made the constant statement that you'd know about the Release Date Announcement beforehand).

Anyhow, will i be getting the Collector's Edition? I'm damn tempted by it and it's looking like a possibility.
Phalanx 21st July 2011, 14:40 Quote
I've preordered the Collector's Edition. Nothing is going to stop me enjoying this game, and the model is just the icing on the cake for me. I actually enjoyed my time in beta. But then that's the whole point isn't it? Gaming is subjective.
Fizzban 21st July 2011, 15:47 Quote
I pre-ordered the standard edition. No way am I paying £130 for a game. Shame I will miss out on the extras.

Edit: Oh in case anyone is interested they also released the minimum spec details.

Processor:

* AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better
* Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better

Operating System:

* Windows XP or later

RAM:

* Windows XP: 1.5GB RAM
* Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB RAM
* Note: PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB of RAM.

Video Card:

Star Wars: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better. Examples include:

* ATI X1800 or better
* nVidia 7800 or better
* Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better

DVD-ROM drive - 8x speed or better (required for installation from physical editions only)

Internet connection required to play.
Apocalypso 21st July 2011, 17:40 Quote
I've been unable to log in to the beta for a month now as the patcher is so irrecoverably broken that it gets stuck at 0.01mb remaining.

I cannot see how it's ready for release or even anywhere near if they can't get something basic like the patcher fixed.
soviet_ 21st July 2011, 22:31 Quote
A lot of beta players here, some unhappy. I will gladly borrow one of your accounts considering I'm likely to spend £130 on the CE
vdbswong 22nd July 2011, 00:20 Quote
My more rational side got a hold of me and got me to pre-order the Digital Deluxe edition.

Hopefully it'll drop in price at some point in the future and i can pick it up cheap then :P.
vdbswong 22nd July 2011, 00:20 Quote

Daedelus 22nd July 2011, 11:05 Quote
I am surprised by this news. I was invited to beta, levelled to 25, found myself insanely bored, and didn't log in at all for the final two weeks of beta. The game I played is nowhere near ready for release. If they release the version I played, and don't patch it to within an inch of its life in the first 30 days, most people will not bother subscribing.
jrs77 22nd July 2011, 11:45 Quote
Originally Posted by Daedelus

That's exactly what I'm talking about and the reason for high priced box-sales and very early on pre-orders.

A pre-order for a game that's being released sometime in November (4 month ahead!) is really suspicious imho.