Final Brink trailer released

Final Brink trailer released

Brink adds parkour to the FPS genre. Add lightsabers and we'll hit the height of human achievement.

Bethesda has released the last preview video for the forthcoming parkour-based FPS game Brink. The trailer is the second to detail some key gameplay mechanics and strategy elements of the game, which looks set to keep many servers busy with frenetic wall-running, fence-jumping multiplayer action.

The first training video revealed the basics of the game – that you can play the game in three ways, either as a story-driven campaign, in freeplay mode or to take on challenges to unlock new weapons.

All three games take place on the Ark; a self-sustained city floating across the rising oceans of the bleak near-future Earth.

Brink also uses a class system, and Bethesda claims this requires the player to choose the right class at the right time. You’ll probably need to master all the classes to succeed, from solider to operative to engineer. While the first training video tells you some basics of how to move around, the new second trailer shows how the game is played.

For example, it shows you how the SMART movement system works in practice, letting you vault over obstacles and parkour your way around without having to mash buttons. It also show you how the three body types – heavy, medium and light – work in practice.

You’ll get some tips on how the health and redeployment systems work as well. This might sound like n00b 101 training, but Brink uses a fairly intricate system for heath, recovery and deciding when and who can revive team-mates.

We've been excited about the possibilities of the game since our Brink preview, and the video below should be considered required viewing for anyone planning to play the game – there are no excuses for any n00bish behaviour, even on day one.

Brink is scheduled for release across Europe on 13 May on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. Are you looking forward to playing Brink? Let us know in the forums.

thom804 6th May 2011, 10:47 Quote
Still looking rather gimmicky to me.
The great thing about Splash Damage is that they are innovators when it comes to team play and objective based MP gaming. The bad thing is that they are still, in my opinion, very unrefined when it comes to tweaking the balance and actual objective quantity and quality.

I wasn't a fan of Quake Wars really, and i'll give this a shot if a demo is released, but i'll be holding back my enthusiasm to it until then.
Jack_Pepsi 6th May 2011, 10:47 Quote
I'll be playing this next Friday.

:D
impar 6th May 2011, 10:49 Quote
Greetings!

Will there be a demo? Or free weekend?

The game seems to me like a replacement of my TF2 gaming time, but need some form of trial before buying.
Jake123456 6th May 2011, 11:27 Quote
Looks good and that, and I agree with Impar, this does look like a replacement to TF2 Gaming time, but it still looks like the movements abit clonky, not as smooth as I thought it would look like.

But all in all, still looking forward to it :)
Noisiv 6th May 2011, 12:58 Quote
How can u compare TF2 in which movements is essential with this idiotic S.M.A.R.T.
impar 6th May 2011, 13:08 Quote
Greetings!
Originally Posted by Noisiv
... idiotic S.M.A.R.T.
Thats why I want to try before.
Th3Maverick 6th May 2011, 14:36 Quote
I'm just glad it's coming to console. I'm going overseas and will be without a proper PC for a full year.

It makes me sad that it's so difficult to become properly excited over an innovative FPS...I mean, I'm excited for it, but there's a tiny, evil part of my brain that fears my excitement will meet the same fate as it did with APB.
chocolateraisins 7th May 2011, 13:23 Quote
Hopefully they took all the best bits of ET series, and the new bits of BRINK, and made it all work. Splash Damage are a very good company, and they do at least try to innovate.

Also, the dedicated server will be free to download, so you don't need to buy the game if you just want to host it :D
SNIPERMikeUK 7th May 2011, 14:12 Quote
Anyone think PSN will be back up for this by the 13th???