Dragon Age 2 release date announced

Dragon Age 2 release date announced

Dragon Age 2 will now get a March 11th release on all platforms, according to EA.

GamesCom 2010: In a fancy press conference preceding the GamesCom 2010 show in Cologne, Germany, Electronic Arts and Bioware have announced a release date for Dragon Age 2.

Dragon Age 2 will hit shelves on March 11th, 2011.

The release date is apparently going to be consistent across all platforms, but has been referred to only as the 'European release date' suggesting that some other territories might get it a shade earlier or later than us.

Dragon Age 2 is currently in development for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 and will move the story on rapidly from the previous game, taking players into new areas and introducing an entirely new main character.

Bioware also took the time to announce that it is working on a PlayStation 3 version of Mass Effect 2.

Check our our Dragon Age review or our Mass Effect 2 review for more information on either game.

Let us know your thoughts in the forums.

Xonar 18th August 2010, 01:54 Quote
Best news I've had all day, cannot wait for this! :D
l3v1ck 18th August 2010, 08:56 Quote
That's just reminded me. I bought the original a while ago, but never played it as my PC was too old. My new laptop will easily be capable of playing it. I'll get it installed straight away.
Showerhead 18th August 2010, 10:43 Quote
Surely a bit pointless working on a ps3 Mass effect 2 but not the original.
deathtaker27 18th August 2010, 17:34 Quote
do you think that will stop ps3 owners buying it
Gavo 18th August 2010, 18:55 Quote
I don't know...I played the PC version, and it was great. The new one feels and plays like God of War, totally unlike the first one.
m0ngy 19th August 2010, 04:50 Quote
Good news on Dragon Age. Awesome game; brought together so many old and new RPG ideas and wrapped them in an innovative, beautifully presented, and thoroughly enjoyable game.

Sorry, but Mass Effect bored me to tears, the endless tripping around that God-aweful space station talking shite to everyone and sundry... *yawn*. The sequel was little better. I mean, you've only got three basic weapons for the entire duration of the game. Might be alright for button mashing console nubs, but us PC gamers demand more.
thehippoz 19th August 2010, 06:01 Quote
when you getting to the guildwars 2 demo joe =] watched some cams and it looks interesting

I was the other way around mongy.. the original mass effect you could buy your shipmates gear and armor- was a little deeper than mass effect 2.. but I see why they did that.. they can pump out games without having to design much gear

sucks just makes it easier for the dev.. shortchange us.. still good game though
GiantStickMan 19th August 2010, 12:37 Quote
I found with the original Mass Effect you were always tripping over new weapons and there was never really a sense that you had gotten something much better than what you had. At least with ME2 the upgrades seemed a bit more meaningful.

Good news about Dragon Age, if only I could build up the motivation to finish the first one!