bit-gamer.net

Ubisoft: No Assassin's Creed in 2011

Ubisoft: No Assassin's Creed in 2011

Ubisoft has said that a 2011 release of an Assassin's Creed game is "unlikely".

Ubisoft Montreal's Jean-Francois Boivin has revealed that it's unlikely there will be a release of a new Assassin's Creed game next year, saying that the series needs a "breather".

Speaking to Eurogamer, the series' associate producer went on to say that such a breather would be "for the benefit of everybody".

"You can't plough a field every year. Once every three years – or once every something – you have to let it breathe. You have to let the minerals back in. I think it's the same thing with any license, really," he said.

Citing the example of annually released music game, he argued that interest and excitement levels decrease with such a cycle. "The excitement is a lot less than it used to be. You want to keep people excited. You gotta make people miss it a bit. It's like, 'Oh man! I'm so happy it's back!' But if you keep force-feeding to people then people are like, 'Yeah, enough of your Assassin's Creed'."

Following the release of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Boivin was unable to say specifically how much time the breather would last. "I think we could do something really true to the license if we skip a year and release it in 2012 or 2013. We need to keep it fresh though," he claimed.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood will mark the end of the hero Ezio's story, and Boivin was unable to give away any specifics concerning the next release, only saying that they know exactly where and when it will be set: "We know exactly where we're going."

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is due out in the UK on 19th Novembertt for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. Check out our review of Assassin's Creed 2 for more info on the series.

Do you want to see another Assassin's Creed game in 2011, or do you feel that Boivin is right to say that such series need a breather? Let us know your thoughts in the forums.

62 Comments

Discuss in the forums Reply
philheckler 9th July 2010, 12:18 Quote
Activision take note ! :)
scawp 9th July 2010, 12:23 Quote
Assassins Creed 2, worse game I've ever played. too many tutorial missions, almost exactly the same as the first with the removal of "fluid" free running. That game was just dire. Kill the series for all I care I will not be buying it.
Hex 9th July 2010, 12:34 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by scawp
Assassins Creed 2, worse game I've ever played. too many tutorial missions, almost exactly the same as the first with the removal of "fluid" free running. That game was just dire. Kill the series for all I care I will not be buying it.
Wow... it's one of my favourite games, probably ever.

Unsurprised they need a break, the amount of work the historians do on the story is just stellar. I have been seriously impressed by not only the accuracy in even the small details (things shouted in the streets, etc.) but the way they've inter-woven 'facts' about the Assassins into actual historic events with the AC games. It may pass a lot of people by, but you can actually learn some history just playing these games ;)
yakyb 9th July 2010, 12:38 Quote
stopped playing AC1 at some point in the third city when i realised that all the kills and missions where basically the same

will not be buying any of the squeals
Unknownsock 9th July 2010, 12:40 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by scawp
Assassins Creed 2, worse game I've ever played. too many tutorial missions, almost exactly the same as the first with the removal of "fluid" free running. That game was just dire. Kill the series for all I care I will not be buying it.

Hmm...You couldn't be more wrong tbh.
One of my favourie games this year..
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyb
stopped playing AC1 at some point in the third city when i realised that all the kills and missions where basically the same

will not be buying any of the squeals
The second is vastly improved over the first.
Fizzban 9th July 2010, 13:02 Quote
I enjoyed the first game though it was a little repetitive. Never finished the second game. I played them back to back so maybe I was all Creeded out.

Didn't like the 2nd game as much though I must say. There was the whole 3 hours of hand holding initially..which I got past. And got to see that they improved the game in some ways. But they also added way too much crap that was unnecessary. The game didn't seem to know what it was. Was it an assassin game or was it a platform game with kleptomaniac tendencys?

I preferred the more pure Assassin feel of the first game. I think they tried too hard to make the 2nd game more varied and overshot the mark. So yeah, I think it is a good thing they are leaving a break. There is still Brotherhood to come. Let us hope it is better than the 2nd one.
frontline 9th July 2010, 13:09 Quote
Didn't buy the first one because of the whole DX10.1 fiasco. Probably not my cup of tea anyway.
veato 9th July 2010, 13:59 Quote
I can understand criticism of the first AC. Although I loved it I found it very repetitive and did not complete all the side mission/quests.

The second one though I thought was amazing. I'm really suprised at the criticism and cannot wait for the series to come to its conclusion (as in I'm actually interested in the story and want to see the conclusion)
Blademrk 9th July 2010, 14:37 Quote
Really enjoyed both the first and the second game, and the twist at the end of the 2nd
Redbeaver 9th July 2010, 14:42 Quote
good decision.

all series should take note, altho over 4-5 years, thats not a breather anymore. thats holding your breath for too long.
bob 9th July 2010, 17:22 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by scawp
Assassins Creed 2, worse game I've ever played. too many tutorial missions, almost exactly the same as the first with the removal of "fluid" free running. That game was just dire. Kill the series for all I care I will not be buying it.

Agreed. Saw my brother play it for an hour and it looked incredibly boring. Taxi some woman, run back and forth between two people in the same room, flick 5 switches, have a seizure, get a tour of Venice... yawn.
Yoy0YO 11th July 2010, 08:52 Quote
I like how they deal with sequels. I've only played AC2 and I'm not going to touch AC1. Thoroughly enjoyed AC2 but it ended leaving me confused, excited and disappointed at the same time. The final boss fight was a fisticuffs match but the aliens twist.. oh boy :D

Ubisoft, you're awesome!
Teelzebub 11th July 2010, 11:32 Quote
Was one of my favourite games too, In fact just pre ordered the botherhood.
raxonb 11th July 2010, 22:19 Quote
Enjoyed the first game but got too repetitive, until the end. AC2 is better all round, more diverse. The tombs are pure Prince of Persia and unlike the first game I there were not clues (that I know of) that would help to plan your assassination which I thought was a shame. However I found the story amazing, especially when unveiling "the truth" and the ending was awesome too. I've pre-ordered the brotherhood codex edition.

I think Ubisoft are right in not releasing an AC next year. Though I feel there should be atleast one more assassin in Desmond's memory before finally coming to the present day.
devilxc 12th July 2010, 11:46 Quote
As above, couldn't finish the first one due to tedium. Very fun game that quickly became repetitive. It put me off getting the second.

I do think Activision have damaged FPS by saturating the market. It's good that Ubisoft are planning a break to freshen things up.
vapor187 13th July 2010, 23:08 Quote
I'm anxious to see what is in store for the next Assassins Creed. Where will they go with the storyline? I don't necessarily agree that we need a multiplayer Assassins Creed? Like Bioshock for example, Why even add a multiplayer element to a single player game? Why not add more DLC?
Shadows&Dust 10th December 2010, 11:53 Quote
Well I never really played the first one really, only seen it on the PlayStation but, I've play the second. I haven't finished it fully because when I got the 3rd one I was draw into the game, most games don't really do that, besides Fable 2. I played though most of the memories of the 3rd one, I just haven't gotten the last of them, because I get caught a lot.

And only seeing some other videos that they made still drew me in from the ones I seen...
Stunna 15th December 2010, 01:33 Quote
I love the AC seris and I will be looking forward to buying the 4th one. I dont want you guys to take a breather. Take a breath and star making that 4th gamr
wuyanxu 15th December 2010, 08:57 Quote
Quote:
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is due out in the UK on 19th Novembertt for PC
it's not out for PC yet, or Novembertt isn't November?
darko 161 25th December 2010, 19:31 Quote
I love assassin creed for me it's the best game and I don't want the assassin creed developer to take a breath because I want them to create the assassin creed 4 (and sorry for my english because I'm french).
Lucasfrank 31st December 2010, 01:34 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by scawp
Assassins Creed 2, worse game I've ever played. too many tutorial missions, almost exactly the same as the first with the removal of "fluid" free running. That game was just dire. Kill the series for all I care I will not be buying it.

Wow! Ac1 wasn't amazing but ac2 and 3 are both amazing and revolutionary for action games. I cannot wait for ac4! Every game ends in an amazing twist which leaves you begging for the next one. Whatever gave you the impression that the game was "dire"?? Are you sure you were playing the same game as the one in question?

Mod Edit: It's OK to disagree, but don't flame others here please
Monster1986 31st December 2010, 10:51 Quote
AC1 was good but not great. It was a bit repetitive in the fact that the missions were all the same. AC2 on the other had was great. There was much more to do and it wasn’t all the same. Got AC:BH for Christmas this year from my fiancée and she hates the creators because I have played it for 3 days hours at a time. Same as 2 a range of different things to do. Loved the assassin recruit thing. It gave the game that "leader" type role being that Ezio is the one who the prophecy told about. On that note in my opinion the story line was amazing. Its like reading a good book that you cant put down. It keeps you wanting to know what happens next. I think the break is a good thing because it is true you don’t want your customers to get played out with it. I do think you shouldn’t wait till 2013. I would like to see it late 2011 early 2012. But that’s because I want to know what happens next. The ending was one of those leave you on the edge of your seat (desmond gaining the Piece of Eden and killing Lucy). I mean come on now I HAVE to play the next in the sequel. But over all one of the best games I ever played.
Blademrk 4th January 2011, 11:30 Quote
spoiler tags please, some of us have only just started Brotherhood and don't want to know the ending yet.
breer 4th January 2011, 21:55 Quote
assassins creed is the best game i`ve ever played !!!
please let there be another game !!!
please please please please !!!! :) <3
toyo~2nr 10th January 2011, 06:02 Quote
Personally i agree with Ubisoft to quote "take a breather" because the guitar hero game are the perfect example of what happens when a company puts out game after game with out a little break period between releases. I would love to see the fourth game be released soon but in the same note some gamers may get burnt out and bored with it quickly. Not only that but the game designers are probably sick and tired of seeing assassians and templars on there screens. UBisoft has put alot of time, money, and resourses into making these games as historicly acurate as possible and for that I give them a great deal of respect. The AC games are the best game I have ever played and I love them but as with any thing good to much of it can be a bad thing and taking a break to either work on other games or to just have a little vacation is probibly the best thing to do because people do get tired of somthing being put out to fast. For me personally I can't stand seeing a new music game released ever six months or so. As for when they do rease AC4 i will be in line to get my copy, I'll even preorder it as soon as find out that I can. I allready knew that there is going to be a fourth because just like 1 and 2 they left the ending of three, as far as the back story of Desmond, wide open. it is a good idea to release 4 in 2013 or at least late 2012, granted I won't get burnt out on it if they release it this year because I want to know how it all ends even if that means they make 2 or even 3 more AC games to compete the story I would still buy and play them days on end, but the way there doing it is going to make number 4 fly off the selves like 2 and 3 did, and I'll be one of those "gamer freaks" standing in line to get my copy on release day.
Sam12112 10th January 2011, 07:50 Quote
No no no they don't need a breather I love all the assassins creeds I started out on brotherhood and beat that and loved it! So I went to assassins creed 2 and loved that one to so than I bought the first one and I just started it so far the only bad thing is there is no counter (yet) and the ppl have no faces (hahaha) but other than that pretty good. I think they shouldn't wait just make another one but take there time with it if it takes a year or so. So be it but it better be good. And the whole Alien thing was cool but I don't like how the girl dies hopes she comes back. Just as long as I can assassinate 2 ppl in the faces again I'm happy (man I love that);)
WhitiGoFreeRun 10th January 2011, 22:25 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyb
stopped playing AC1 at some point in the third city when i realised that all the kills and missions where basically the same

will not be buying any of the squeals

i agree the first one was not very good. The story line, is just absolutely top notch but the gameplay couldve used some tweeking. But i bought the two sequels and they are amazing! I suggest you buy number 2 before you put harsh comments like that on
WhitiGoFreeRun 10th January 2011, 22:34 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyo~2nr
Personally i agree with Ubisoft to quote "take a breather" because the guitar hero game are the perfect example of what happens when a company puts out game after game with out a little break period between releases. I would love to see the fourth game be released soon but in the same note some gamers may get burnt out and bored with it quickly. Not only that but the game designers are probably sick and tired of seeing assassians and templars on there screens. UBisoft has put alot of time, money, and resourses into making these games as historicly acurate as possible and for that I give them a great deal of respect. The AC games are the best game I have ever played and I love them but as with any thing good to much of it can be a bad thing and taking a break to either work on other games or to just have a little vacation is probibly the best thing to do because people do get tired of somthing being put out to fast. For me personally I can't stand seeing a new music game released ever six months or so. As for when they do rease AC4 i will be in line to get my copy, I'll even preorder it as soon as find out that I can. I allready knew that there is going to be a fourth because just like 1 and 2 they left the ending of three, as far as the back story of Desmond, wide open. it is a good idea to release 4 in 2013 or at least late 2012, granted I won't get burnt out on it if they release it this year because I want to know how it all ends even if that means they make 2 or even 3 more AC games to compete the story I would still buy and play them days on end, but the way there doing it is going to make number 4 fly off the selves like 2 and 3 did, and I'll be one of those "gamer freaks" standing in line to get my copy on release day.

Yea but just remember that guitar hero compared with assassins creed 1, 2 or 3 sux ass. assassins creed series is what gaming is all about
Camero35 17th January 2011, 16:31 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by scawp
Assassins Creed 2, worse game I've ever played. too many tutorial missions, almost exactly the same as the first with the removal of "fluid" free running. That game was just dire. Kill the series for all I care I will not be buying it.

Well you are an ass assassins creed 2 would have to be the best game in the series brotherhood comes close
Loki9828 20th January 2011, 05:40 Quote
I have played all the AC games, just finished Brotherhood a few minutes ago. I love this series and hope that the "breather" doesn't take to long. I really want to see where the story goes from here.
Loki9828 20th January 2011, 05:43 Quote
I have played all the AC games, just finished brotherhood. I'm really hoping that they don't take too much of a breather because I'm hooked and the storyline and I want to see where it goes from here.
tarikgazko 27th January 2011, 23:30 Quote
I think the breather is a very bad idea for AC, because ACB was the best game ive ever played. I have not played AC2, but ive played AC1, but i didnt get the chance to beat the first assasins creed. What I think is that AC should not take a breather ad start on the game as soon as possible.
My 1st question : what ever happened to Altair? Why didnt they kept on playing with Altair, instead of Ezio?
This didnt make sense and AC dont explain it to us.
My 2nd question: What happens to Lucy? If AC wants to make another game, they should start off where desmond was and the apple of Eden. Because if they start off with another guy, then AC sucks.
thank you for my time and reply .
tarikgazko 27th January 2011, 23:43 Quote
Assassin's Creed 3 should start off where Lucy gets killed by Desmond. Thats all i can say. And this game rocks .
2 questions: Why did they not go on with Altair's story? Why did they go on with Ezio and not Altair?:
Why did the Apple of Eden control Desmond and kill Lucy?
PS: UBISOFT YOU BETTER HEAR ME OUT, WHEN YOU START OFF A NEW ASSASSIN'S CREED, START OFF OF WHAT HAPPENS TO DESMOND, THE APPLE OF EDEN, LUCY AND THE OTHER GUYS.
done said
thank you
colindrewaltair 28th January 2011, 02:04 Quote
i'm a huge assassins creed fan i want them to do the same as call of duty and make a ton more assassin creed games and i liked how they had two ezio games it got me tired of ezio unlike wit altair i want one more with altair(not repetitive) so i can get sick of him too but i wanna see a new assassin cant wait to see the new assassin and i say make one every year i don't need a breather if you released one every month i would get every one (as long as it was good quality but probably not in a month) but one every year would be cool also i want to see more weapons but no more shop quests those are stupid mainly because they're hard
ObeyTheCreed 28th January 2011, 07:14 Quote
I definitely agree that Assassin's Creed needs a breather, I know what it's like to love a game but get sick of it cause it kept being released every year. I used to play Guitar Hero everyday, now it's not even a shadow of it's former glory. I love Assassin's Creed but I think we can all agree that the best comes to those who wait.
Thanks,
ObeyTheCreed
Blademrk 28th January 2011, 11:31 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarikgazko
My 1st question : what ever happened to Altair? Why didnt they kept on playing with Altair, instead of Ezio?
This didnt make sense and AC dont explain it to us.
This was explained in the begining of AC2 (which Brotherhood follows). After Lucy helps desmond escape from Abstergo the assassins want Desmond to train to become one of them.
IIRC, Ezio was considered one of the best assassins in Desmonds bloodline and was therefore used for Desmond to train using the "Bleeding Effect" in the animus.
As I see it, AC:B continues Desmonds training moving this time it's changed a bit from learning moves to more of a leadership role.

Altair was used by Abstergo in the first game to find the location of the Apple (there is a brief reference in AC2 to Altair in one of desmonds flashbacks)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarikgazko
My 2nd question: What happens to Lucy? If AC wants to make another game, they should start off where desmond was and the apple of Eden. Because if they start off with another guy, then AC sucks.
thank you for my time and reply .

If Ubisoft stay true to form, the next game should start where the last one ends (they have so far, AC2 started with Desmonds escape from Abstergo and Brotherhood started with their getaway from the Assassins hideout in AC2).
Despite the main character you control being Ezio (or Altair in the first game), Assassin's Creed really is Desmond's story so no matter who the next playable character is Desmond's story will still be a part of the game.

Also, please use spoiler tags, some of us haven't completed the game yet: I've just got to the mission where I've got to save the Actor from the Borgia's Butcher. I'm taking my time with it trying to get all the side missions done as I see them.
AC RESPECT 5th February 2011, 16:02 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob
Agreed. Saw my brother play it for an hour and it looked incredibly boring. Taxi some woman, run back and forth between two people in the same room, flick 5 switches, have a seizure, get a tour of Venice... yawn.

Well, the game is made for people who aren't culture barbarians...
Hex 5th February 2011, 17:05 Quote
I've gone through this thread and added spoiler tags, as Blademrk says, some people may not have finished the game yet so please don't keep telling everyone the ending!

Also to note is that Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is not AC3, if you want to give it a number it's AC2.5. The next one will be AC3 not AC4. ;)
GravitySmacked 5th February 2011, 17:35 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by scawp
Assassins Creed 2, worse game I've ever played. too many tutorial missions, almost exactly the same as the first with the removal of "fluid" free running. That game was just dire. Kill the series for all I care I will not be buying it.

Really? I loved it, fantastic game.
MrsAuditore 22nd February 2011, 19:02 Quote
THERE HAS TO BE AN ASSASSIN'S CREED IN 2011 THAT WOULD MAKE ME THE HAPPIEST PERSON IN THE WORLD!!!!
In my opinion I don't think it need a two year long breather I think it could have half a year
But I would buy it so fast I would be the first in line at the release party!!!!!!!!!!
likezack57 25th February 2011, 19:56 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by raxonb
Enjoyed the first game but got too repetitive, until the end. AC2 is better all round, more diverse. The tombs are pure Prince of Persia and unlike the first game I there were not clues (that I know of) that would help to plan your assassination which I thought was a shame. However I found the story amazing, especially when unveiling "the truth" and the ending was awesome too. I've pre-ordered the brotherhood codex edition.

I think Ubisoft are right in not releasing an AC next year. Though I feel there should be atleast one more assassin in Desmond's memory before finally coming to the present day.

Yeah, I agree, I think if they cut to present day it wouldn't be right, cause brotherhood ended in 1510 or something like that, that's about a 500 year gap, they should put at least one more ancestor in there.
connorglasby8 14th March 2011, 04:19 Quote
There has to be a number 4 I love the game and its storyline and to the people who say it's boring it might be to you but have you ever tried actually playing the game it is awesome.
waiting4him 17th March 2011, 18:12 Quote
This is my absolute favorite game, they need more like it. I love every aspect of these games! I especially like the aspect that this game is not the normal mainstream aim and shoot games! I also enjoy the puzzles and the suspense!! I honestly do love every aspect of these games! I actually bought an Xbox 360 just to buy and play these games! I would love to see where they go next with the game after the brotherhood game! The ending was amazing to that game! I am very very anxious for the next one and I am really hoping that there will be a next game, or even more! But I do have to agree with them, they will lose fan base if they continue at the rate that they were going, but I would definitely say by the end of 2011 or beginning of 2012, just because I need to know what is going on! The game is amazing, produce more like it! Keep up the good work! :D
majkii 20th March 2011, 23:10 Quote
i like assassin creed very much,i just finish the brootherhood and it was to short.i hope the next year will come assassin creed 4 and will be longer..

ps:ubisoft rules :D
wuyanxu 21st March 2011, 10:45 Quote
Assassin's creed brotherhood short? what game were you playing?

im at start of sequence 5. that's after over 10 hours in single player. there's a huge range of missions to play, many, many side missions.
Nabil_18 23rd March 2011, 00:23 Quote
Hmmmm... I think this is good too. AC 2 was amazing but brotherhood lacked any kind of innovation hopefully this time will add some cool new features... and hey could be in medieval England!!
Hex 23rd March 2011, 12:32 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabil_18
Hmmmm... I think this is good too. AC 2 was amazing but brotherhood lacked any kind of innovation hopefully this time will add some cool new features... and hey could be in medieval England!!
:| someone didn't play the multiplayer...
Kenshin Himura 27th March 2011, 03:49 Quote
No new Assassin's Creed anytime soon D: you have to be kidding me! Who could possibly get tired of this game, I've played through the story so many times I lost track on Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Ubisoft is getting me pissed...

Spoiler Alert... they really just have to leave off after Desmond stabs Lucy? That right there pisses me off D:< why would they pull a stunt like that? Grrrrrr...

I think if they need a breather, ok, but really, who needs a 1-2 YEAR long breather, that my friend is called suffocation through held breath. I think it should come out late 2011 early 2012 as a breather, like everyone else is saying. But really... 1-2 years, Ubisoft you are disappointing me right now...
formstorm53 27th March 2011, 19:46 Quote
Assassin's creed was an alright game a little to repetitive though. But Assassin's Creed 2 was a killer game one of the best games I have ever played. I was dying to find out what happens, and was in such a hurry to get Brotherhood. Great follow up to the second. I was very disappointed in the end. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!! I can't wait for the next game to come out, but I'm not sure how they are going to follow up two amazing games.
Nannebe 4th April 2011, 01:48 Quote
I absolutey loved assassins creed brotherhood but it was so short there was no time to do anything like collect the six scrolls of Romulus . I loved the game but hated the length and with that game being so short how can the next one not be ready this year. I need the next assassins creed or I will die

PLEASE HURRY WITH THE NEW GAME!
foster143 5th April 2011, 00:58 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by scawp
Assassins Creed 2, worse game I've ever played. too many tutorial missions, almost exactly the same as the first with the removal of "fluid" free running. That game was just dire. Kill the series for all I care I will not be buying it.

[mod edited version]
Well boo to you, I rather enjoyed it actually.
[/mod]

Please, less flames next time.
AC_Awesomeness 12th April 2011, 12:34 Quote
I got my copy of AC: Brotherhood for PC a few days ago finished it last night, fairly short, but I have the Da Vinci Disappearance to go yet and tons of stuff to do plus multiplayer.

I loved AC 2 such a fun game no glitches yet for pc, except the bug where I run on water. AC 1 was a bit of a disappointment though but still fun, very impressed so far with the series, cant wait to find out what happens next. Thank you ubisoft and I think 1-2 years breather is a bit much, I want to know what happens next. So intense.
Hex 12th April 2011, 12:50 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Awesomeness
I got my copy of AC: Brotherhood for PC a few days ago finished it last night, fairly short, but I have the Da Vinci Disappearance to go yet and tons of stuff to do plus multiplayer.
The multiplayer you say, well why not have a look at our thread on the PC version and come join us for some games :)
brawlerdranso 17th April 2011, 23:16 Quote
NNNOOOOO please don't this is my favourite series, I've bought all of them and ,in my opinion (which I'm sure is shared by many others) this series can never have to many sequels, I looked forward to Assassins Creed Brotherhood for a whole year before it came out :D please reconsider it is took good to take a breather :D
sifer1491 30th April 2011, 02:09 Quote
all three games are totally awesome. i do say if they need to take a break to put heads together for details, ideas, story line and ectra on the 4th assassins creed game then go for it. but plz dont take long as other games have decided to do the same thing before and take a very long time on coming out with a new game. i do have to say the ending of brotherhood as denis was messed up but totally cool. when i played all three games i have collected, and beat every single thing to do in it. the only thing i was disapointed in was that the game basically only took place in roma, where as assassins creed 1 was free roam i really truly miss that about assassins creed. but out of all three brother hood i do have to say is my favorite. keep up the good work and looking forward to your next assassins creed game :D:D:D:D:D:D:DD:D
robpne16 3rd May 2011, 17:14 Quote
AC definatley do not need a breather! It is arguably the best game franchise of the past few years. The attention to detail to unbelievable. I would like to know where they are gong to go with AC4, Greece? maybe. Unfortunately it's looking like we will have to wait until 2012 or maybe even 2013! But I'm sure it will be the best one yet!
xoki 5th May 2011, 08:46 Quote
for me assassin's creed 1 was sh*t because I can not skip the scinematics, assassin's creed 2 is the best, the story is good, the gameplay is long and fun for me :D but assassin's creed brotherhood is good too but to short, I play 10 hour a day :D and it was 2 day and I completed it 100%.
So pls release a new game in 2012, or in 2011 for winter :D:D
wuyanxu 5th May 2011, 14:17 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoki
assassin's creed brotherhood is good too but to short, I play 10 hour a day :D and it was 2 day and I completed it 100%.
So pls release a new game in 2012, or in 2011 for winter :D:D

have you thought about multiplayer? AC Brotherhood is more about multiplayer rather than singleplayer, since only so much can happen in a single city.


i can't wait for the next AC game, not for singleplayer, but for a more multiplayer! reward stealth players more and punish roof-top running noobs :D
chrismarkham1982 8th May 2011, 11:46 Quote
how about they actually make a follow up to prince of persia instead of making turning trilogies into quadrilogies?
c.awesome 11th May 2011, 00:46 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzban
I enjoyed the first game though it was a little repetitive. Never finished the second game. I played them back to back so maybe I was all Creeded out.

Didn't like the 2nd game as much though I must say. There was the whole 3 hours of hand holding initially..which I got past. And got to see that they improved the game in some ways. But they also added way too much crap that was unnecessary. The game didn't seem to know what it was. Was it an assassin game or was it a platform game with kleptomaniac tendencys?

I preferred the more pure Assassin feel of the first game. I think they tried too hard to make the 2nd game more varied and overshot the mark. So yeah, I think it is a good thing they are leaving a break. There is still Brotherhood to come. Let us hope it is better than the 2nd one.

The second was more about finding out about Ezio, it's over like 30 years it's difficult to keep it new and traditional but I enjoy the amount of weapons.
c.awesome 11th May 2011, 00:49 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blademrk
Really enjoyed both the first and the second game, and the twist at the end of the 2nd

I like the end of the animus when he's like WHAT THE **** and it's over.
Log in

You are not logged in, please login with your forum account below. If you don't already have an account please register to start contributing.



Discuss in the forums