Forza 3 hits Xbox 360 in October

Forza 3 hits Xbox 360 in October

Forza 3 will hit the Xbox 360 later this year and should boast hundreds of new cars, as well as new video features.

Another big announcement from Microsoft's E3 2009 conference - this time that Turn Ten Studios will be releasing Forza 3 for the Xbox 360 by the end of the year.

According to the announcement Forza 3 should be hitting shelves in October this year and will again be an Xbox 360 exclusive.

New features for the game include the usual set of new cars and tracks, the figures for which have apparently swelled into the hundreds, as well as a new video editor and sharing utility. Players will now be able to cut and remix footage from their races and distribute this among friends whenever they wish.

Technically, Forza 3 should have a brand new engine too - one which will render everything in the game at a constantly smooth 60 frames per second.

There's few other details available about the game right now and Microsoft and Turn Ten haven't yet revealed any specific new tracks or cars, only a tentative promise that they'll be "hundreds of new vehicles". More details will inevitably surface as E3 2009 continues, so we'll keep you posted about the announcements as we hear them.

Are you a big-time racing nut? Do you prefer your Gran Turismo to your Forza? Let us know your thoughts in the forums.

Sleepstreamer 2nd June 2009, 11:01 Quote
Will they please add a Replay option when playing split screen this time around?
p3n 2nd June 2009, 11:04 Quote
Waiting for GT5 to come out myself, if this comes along first I might end up with both :)
Paradigm Shifter 2nd June 2009, 12:46 Quote
If it does have 'hundreds' of new cars... want. :D
D3s3rt_F0x 2nd June 2009, 12:48 Quote
Yay new Ring time trails hopefully, although I should really be doing the one on Forza 2
Floyd 2nd June 2009, 20:42 Quote
Ive gotten fairly far on Forza2 but havent beat it yet.
Ill have to drop F2 if F3 is going to be that much better.
sui_winbolo 3rd June 2009, 05:36 Quote
I'm just happy about an actual in cabin view. That's my favorite view and just adds a lot more realism to a racing game.

Oh, plus the previous Forza games are my favorite racing games. Even though they have lacked that view, still my fav.

Though Test Drive Unlimited was a lot of fun. :D
janesy B 4th June 2009, 10:54 Quote
Shame the the cars in TDU drove like crap.
sui_winbolo 4th June 2009, 19:39 Quote
Yeah, handling wasn't very good. Every car had terrible traction and it seemed like poor braking performance if I remember right.

I loved riding a motorcycle at top speed in helmet view, that was a lot fun. :D