Resident Evil 5 on PC?

Resident Evil 5 on PC?

Capcom has strongly hinted that Resident Evil 5 could be ported to the PC soon.

Capcom has spent a lot of time talking about which platforms the upcoming Resident Evil 5 will be appearing on lately as, although the game is confirmed for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, there have been rumblings of a Wii version on the horizon.

But disregard those Wii rumours for now, as there's a more tantalising promise of a PC conversion too.

Speaking to IGN, Capcom's Christian Scensson was clear that the Resident Evil developers were committed to the PC platform and have a lot of faith in how it will continue to grow.

"I know that Inafune-san and I are both huge proponents of the PC platform and Capcom is an active participant in the PCGA. We do believe in the future of the platform and that contrary to what retail data shows, it is growing," said Svensson

"Our rosy prognostications aside, somewhere the P&Ls of Capcom Japan's outings on the platform are going to come up and they are likely to have a bearing on the decision making process for future titles," he continued.

"That's my long-winded way of saying 'stay tuned because it's not clear yet'."

So, the bad news is that there's no official news on the port, but the good news is that it isn't a flat-out no and the wording and apparent commitment of the Japanese developer to the PC platform hints that we could very well be seeing a full-on Resident Evil 5 port to the PC getting announced in the near future.

Which is your favourite Resident Evil game? Are you, like Richard, obsessed with Resi 4, or are you more of a Resi 2 fan like Joe? Let us know in the forums.

[PUNK] crompers 7th August 2008, 12:48 Quote
this is excellent news, i just hope capcom's reputation for dodgy pc ports doesnt carry through

resi 4 and dmc3 were some of the worst ports ever
Yemerich 7th August 2008, 12:57 Quote
Two good games coming to pc? thats great news!!

ooo wait... will someone sue me if I shoot some black zombies down?

BTW, the RE are widely know to be a bad port to PC... Lets hope their comitment to PC games changes this :D
Krikkit 7th August 2008, 13:01 Quote
It's all about Resi 2 tbh. Best. Horror. Game. Evar.
Timmy_the_tortoise 7th August 2008, 13:03 Quote
I could never really get into Resident Evil until Resi 4 was released..
bowman 7th August 2008, 13:03 Quote
Lol.. DMC, Final Fantasy, Gran Turismo, what's next, Metal Gear Solid?

'PC gaming is dying', hahahahaha.
UrbanMarine 7th August 2008, 13:04 Quote
Awesome, I can't wait! I just hope the port isn't halfass like most ports.

Resident Evil Directors Cut is my all time favorite RE. Out of the whole RE series, the shooters were the worst. I just hope RE5 goes back to its roots.
sotu1 7th August 2008, 13:05 Quote
the control system on resi 4 pc was a bit dodge, granted, but the game played A-OK. i'm up for a little DMC action for PC though.

resi evil 5 will come out on pc i think, a few months later than expected, but it should be there eventually
Yemerich 7th August 2008, 13:12 Quote
Yeah! Metal gear! afterall Konami was born on computers! Not PC but MSX :D

Actually i had the very first metal gear on MSX, great game back them...
TreeDude 7th August 2008, 13:19 Quote
RE2 was the best hands down. Awesome story, much better voice acting (well, compared to the original), and a reason to play through a second time. I would love a remake of RE2 as long as it was done like the GC remake of 1.

Is it Capcom who did the RE PC ports, or was it a another company?
Narishma 7th August 2008, 13:35 Quote
TreeDude: Ubisoft did RE4. I don't remember who did the previous ones.

UrbanMarine: It won't. It's more like RE4 with a different setting and HD graphics.
Leitchy 7th August 2008, 14:00 Quote
It will be a crap port, so not interested
Denis_iii 7th August 2008, 14:07 Quote
as long as the zombies are white i'll purchase the game, cause you know basing a game in africa with 99% population black and then making the zombies black is so so racist
Redbeaver 7th August 2008, 14:29 Quote
RE2 is the best. period. but RE4 isnt trailing that far ahead either. i enjoy both game.

but RE5 comin to PC?? awesome news!!!!
Amon 8th August 2008, 01:22 Quote
Really, really wonky promise made by Capcom. Can anybody here recall their last, fervent commitment to the PC?
Originally Posted by bit-tech article
...port...
Should never be used in an article dealing with PC gaming.

Ever.
EPiRATE 8th August 2008, 09:36 Quote
After RE4, I'm now hoooked on the resident evil games.
Seeing as I don't have a 360 or ps3, I really hope capcom do a decent port to the pc :)
Mr_Sinister 9th August 2008, 14:21 Quote
This would make a lot of fan's happy (including me)
keef247 27th April 2009, 23:06 Quote
please say this is going to happen... i loved playing the 4th one on the pc with the latest patch.
i never played it with the unpatched version which people seemed to despise but yer my experience was sweet with straight out of the box 360 support included:D this would be amazing to take round to a mates with a controller on my macbook and lan it
thehippoz 27th April 2009, 23:56 Quote
played some re4 on the console at a friends last week.. loved it except the shotgun animation- I hope they do a good job on 5.. capcom has always made good stuff