Uncharted Trophies are the same as medals

Uncharted Trophies are the same as medals

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune will not be getting new trophies, only a re-badged version of the existing medals.

Naughty Dog, developer behind the PlayStation 3 hit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, has confirmed that the new trophy support coming to the game as part of Sony's achievement-alike system will not offer any new content in the game. Instead, the trophies will simply be a re-badged version of the already existing medals function within the game.

Medals in Uncharted are given to players after certain feats, such as slaying a bunch of enemies or getting a bunch of headshots. However, according to Naughty Dog spokesperson Arne Meyer, Sony's trophies will just be a re-badge of the developers own system when it comes to Uncharted.

There are 47 medals in the game to find and the only new addition to the game once trophy support is added will be a Platinum Trophy that players can get when all other trophies/medals are collected, Meyer told IGN.

What's more, as with all other Sony games using Trophies, the achievements will not be available retroactively. Instead, even if you already have all the medals, you'll have to play the game from scratch and unlock them all again in order to turn them into trophies. Meyer admitted it would have been nice to issue awards retroactively, but wasn't possible. Apparently the fact that players cna move saved games around on the PS3 caused worries that people might cheat the trophy system.

There's still no date of when the trophy patch will touchdown for Uncharted, as developers are having to add trophy support in to the entire PS3 back catalog one-by-one.

Have you played Uncharted? What did you think to it? Let us know your thoughts in the forums.

Timmy_the_tortoise 31st July 2008, 13:57 Quote
Never played it.. Never really aroused my interest.. Closest I got was the ZP review..
DaveT 31st July 2008, 14:07 Quote
It's actually one of the best PS3 games... and most likely the best in it's genre. No wonder they're making a movie from it...
Mornelithe 31st July 2008, 14:30 Quote
Agreed DaveT, definitely one of the best PS3 games. Having already conquered the game 100%, I'm actually rather excited to go back through and reconquer the whole thing. Took a bit the first time around, but this should be simple! Probably do it with my eyes closed lol.

Morne
kenco_uk 31st July 2008, 15:11 Quote
I've yet to play it. Now I've got Crysis out the way, I might make a start on it.
salesman 31st July 2008, 15:41 Quote
"Apparently the fact that players cna move saved games around on the PS3 caused worries that people might cheat the trophy system."
Oh like cheating a points system has never been done before in video games and we're going to stop it now what a bunch of bull. There should be no reason not to make them retroactive. I mean come on its a game if someone cheats so what let them they found a way around your system, but i guess it doesn't matter they've already made up their minds see if I care.
devdevil85 31st July 2008, 17:17 Quote
Originally Posted by salesman
The only people who should be frustrated are the ones that got rid of the game already for either cash or a new game. Other than that the game (from what I've read) is amazing and any owner should have fun playing it again. I am glad Sony is not making the trophies retroactive because trophy-$%oring defeats credibility.........