The Witcher Enhanced Edition dated

The Witcher Enhanced Edition dated

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition will be shipping in the first half of September 2008.

CD Projekt Red's The Witcher will finally be getting the release it deserves soon, with the Enhanced Edition of the game now fully detailed and dated in an official release from the designer.

The game, which we thought was well put together but with a few fundamental errors in terms of accessibility and translation, is being fully patched up and polished for the release of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition. The new game will feature a completely redone set of English text, diminished load times and a more stable build.

True, that's all stuff which should have been there from the start, but still...

The new game will be shipping in the first half of September, after missing the original release date of late May after the developer admitted that it needed a little more time to get things fixed.

Patches and bug-fixes aren't the only new additions though - there are two more new sidemissions for Geralt to undertake, around 50 new models and 100 new animations as well as a brand new inventory interface.

The new version of the game will also ship with a game editor, a making of DVD and two CDs of music from within the game or inspired by it.

If you picked up the original version of The Witcher then you may be feeling a little angry at all this extra content for new buyers, but don't worry - existing players can download it all for free. How good does that sound to you? Let us know in the forums.

Woodstock 23rd June 2008, 10:52 Quote
i may be able to download it for free, but it doesnt change that it wasnt there when i played it after paying for it, having said that im glad they upgraded the inventory i remember not liking (cant remember why now), hope they make a sequel now, without the need for an "enhanced edition"
naokaji 23rd June 2008, 10:55 Quote
Witcher was a good game, especially with the patches that massively reduced the loadtimes, shame they rushed...
I just hope they not only revamp the look of the Inventory, but also the size, its just too small like in so many other rpgs.
Veles 23rd June 2008, 11:17 Quote
Sweet, I've been holding off playing this game until this arrived.
liratheal 23rd June 2008, 12:01 Quote
Considering the really mediocre experience I had with the game at launch (The most entertaining bit was the limited edition stuff, which had half of this new 'extra content' anyway..) I think this might be.. A little low on the download priority list.

Probably would need to read the million page manual to work out what the devil the controls are, again.
Paradigm Shifter 23rd June 2008, 12:05 Quote
I quite enjoyed The Witcher, but the frankly insane load times everywhere (even with patch 1.2 or 1.3) got old very, very quickly. I never had it crash on me, though, which was nice.
rDr4g0n 23rd June 2008, 14:16 Quote
I LOVE this game. It is exactly the kind of game that makes me extremely giddy (after what i consider the massive let downs of oblivion and gothic 3). But yes, the inventory and load times are the most horrible things ever devised. I am quite forgiving of this genre of game though because there is SO much "stuff" that has to be just right.

either way, I feel this game deserves way more recognition than its getting. The fighting is nice and visceral, the gameplay is good and it has full frontal nudity!
chrisb2e9 23rd June 2008, 15:34 Quote
the only thing that I didn't really like was the long load times. and they are also the only reason I didn't finish the game. i'll get this and then go through it again.
Veles 23rd June 2008, 15:42 Quote
Originally Posted by Paradigm Shifter

Yeah that's one of the things that annoyed me about the game, I just couldn't put up with those screens any longer.
Bionic-Blob 23rd June 2008, 17:25 Quote
i thought it was an O-K game. wished they hadn't used the aurora engine though (mainly because i'd prefer an open world with decent/non-buggy movement and combat)
Jordan Wise 23rd June 2008, 17:31 Quote
[QUOTE=rDr4g0nThe fighting is nice and visceral[/QUOTE]

you must be joking, that is by far the worst combat system i've ever used. really, i stopped playing it altogether beacuse of it.
Redbeaver 23rd June 2008, 17:53 Quote
minus the full frontal nudity picz, this game is great. a few minor bug but its very immersive and fun to play. but thats just me. and i dont even remember i had issues with loading on my q6600 4gb ram machine.

the fighting is nice and intuitive ALTHOUGH the learning curve is steep. its a pain for the firs few level but once u get the hang of it and able to switch between stances on the fly, its kickass. like, KICKASS kinda kickass.

with the full frontal nudity, this game is bliss. i think ive collected all possible picz minus the main-storyline branching ones where u have to choose one. call me nerdy.
evanbraakensiek 23rd June 2008, 19:04 Quote
I finished 'The Last Wish', the novel the game/saga is based on, not so long ago. Might pick this up and see how well it has been adapted.
LordPyrinc 23rd June 2008, 23:33 Quote
I've played Witcher a little, but experienced some unexpected crashes when I first installed it. A better video card and perhaps some patches later, I didn't have that problem, but occassionally the frame rate seemed to drop off to the point where it was almost unplayable. Probably need to tweak my settings down a little, at the time I was running all the graphics at the max. Perhaps I will return to it again to try it out. Never really got all that far into the game with the issues I was having.
Tulatin 24th June 2008, 04:52 Quote
They seem to have missed the important part: Will there be any new women to boink?
CardJoe 24th June 2008, 06:59 Quote
I think if you're using the word 'boink' then you're too young to be doing it anyway :p
[PUNK] crompers 24th June 2008, 10:39 Quote
i loved this first time round, may well give it another try