Bioware takes control of Sonic RPG

Bioware takes control of Sonic RPG

In the new Sonic RPG from Bioware, Sonic will need +10 Vorpal Boots in order to not be crap anymore.

It was announced just a little while ago that Sega had appointed role-playing game specialist, Bioware, in charge of the new Sonic the Hedgehog game for the DS. At the time it seemed an unusual and radical step and that feeling still hasn't subsided, though it is now accompanied by just a little bit of excitement.

A few more details crept out today when Sega of America's President and COO, Simon Jeffery, told the world just why Sega felt that sonic had to undergo such a transformation after about a thousand lacklustre games on a similar theme;

"We recognized the need to revitalize Sonic and bring something new to the franchise. An RPG was something totally different for Sonic, it felt fresh and exciting. Knowing that we had the opportunity to work with a renowned developer like Bioware on this game confirmed that it was the right opportunity for us to now bring this vision to life."

So, it sounds like Bioware has been given almost full creative reign over the new adventures of the blue blur. Exciting stuff and we're willing to bet that the game will star Sonic as the orphaned son of the God of Speed who, unable to die, must journey through the land of Neverwinter Nights while learning Kung-Fu.

Or, maybe not.

What form could the Sonic RPG DS take and will it be any good? Let us know your thoughts in our forums.

DarkLord7854 28th June 2007, 13:11 Quote
I gave up on Sonic, don't want to ruin what little good childhood memories of the shows are still stored in my brain.
tuteja1986 28th June 2007, 13:44 Quote
lol... maybe bioware needed to see if they could develop a game with team made of 75% internship. game cost couple of millions to make and the bioware logo makes sure they make the money back and all the teams becomes more experienced to make a serious rpg.
DXR_13KE 28th June 2007, 13:58 Quote
if bioware is on the case then this may be good :D
Henk 28th June 2007, 14:49 Quote
Pigs are flying, eh?

At first I thought this was for PC, that would have been pretty weird :|
pendragon 28th June 2007, 16:32 Quote
wow.. nice! loved Bioware's RPG style.. this could be really good!
Wolfe 28th June 2007, 21:16 Quote
Originally Posted by DarkLord7854

I guess you havn't run into to the sonic pr0n that's all over the internet (seriously)!

That totally ruined the games for me.
DarkLord7854 28th June 2007, 21:56 Quote
Hence why whenever I see something about Sonic I just close my eyes and turn away :p
cjoyce1980 12th October 2007, 12:04 Quote
sonic adventure 1 & 2 shown how to do a 3D sonic game! sonic heroes was awful and the same goes of the latest one
sub routine 14th October 2007, 21:45 Quote
how cool is that. What was the first one onthe DreamCast? that was ACE, not played any since then though....

Bio-ware though thats some wierd sounding fusion, the results should be pretty interesting. I get the feeling the DS is totally under-used at the moment.