Crysis running on the PC looks absolutely awesome.
Crytek, the award winning developers of smash FPS Far Cry, has released an extensive fact sheet containing details about its upcoming game – Crysis - currently due for release in early 2007. Here’s what they had to say:
- An immersive story that puts you the player in the pivotal role to repel an alien invasion and save mankind.
- A unique three-act structure that forces the player to use real-time armor and weapons customization to adapt to an ever changing dynamic world.
- Encounter a compelling, frightening and totally original alien species that uses its senses intelligently and work in combination with each other to present players with the most challenging opponents yet in an FPS.
- Enemy and ally AI utilise real-world military tactics.
- Take control of a wide variety of land, sea and air vehicles including trucks, tanks, boats and helicopters.
- Explore a living, dynamic world where earthquakes, breaking ice, landslides, and tornados pose a real and an ever-present danger.
- 32-player Multiplayer with real-time armour and weapons customization and an all new mode that combines player modification and tactical objectives.
- Emergent gameplay; actions taken in the game affect future outcomes giving each player a unique experience.
- Highly robust and easy to use mod toolset allow players to create their own expansive levels with game modes for both multiplayer and single player.
- The most realistic environments, spectacular special effects, physics game engine, lighting system and enemy AI through CryENGINE 2.
Although that may sound fairly similar to every other FPS press-release, the screenshots, which you can find here
, certainly provide some different viewing. Exquisitely detailed face models and luscious environments aplenty, it seems that the developers are hoping to push the boundaries a bit further.
Is this going to be the way it's meant to be played? We are pretty sure that, if Elder Scrolls hasn't got you reaching for your wallet already, Crysis is going to convince you to get in the game and grab yourself a graphics upgrade.
Excited about Crysis? Let us know what you think of the game in the forums.