Thanks for coming to LITS - see you next year!

Thanks for coming to LITS - see you next year!

The Scan Dream PC entries that we were showing off on our stand were very popular

Last weekend saw London’s ExCeL centre play host to the first ever London International Technology Show (LITS).

The event was a great success, with bit-tech and Custom PC readers turning out in force to say hello. To those of you who we met there, we'd like to say thanks for coming along - it was great to be able to meet you and hear your thoughts on the magazine, the site and tech in general.

If you have no idea what we're talking about, check our forum for the LITS Highlights thread.

A big shout out also goes to our long-serving forum mods Nexxo and Krikkit for taking the time to come down and meet the team. Inviting you guys along is the least we could do to say thanks for all the hard work you guys put into keeping the forums clean and tidy.

The support you showed us helped to make our stand one of the most popular places at the event too, meaning that next year we should be equipped to do even more. We’re already planning a cheesecake-eating challenge and a pin-the-tail-on-the-Harry competition.

We’d also like to thank Asus for loaning us some laptops, helping to set up the stand, helping man (and woman) the stand and the pastries, coke and nibbles that kept us going. Thanks also to Chillblast, Armari and Intel for kitting out our stand with a number of particularly cool systems.

Finally, thank you Croteam for the world-exclusive access to Serious Sam 3: BFE. If it wasn’t for these companies, we’d have had nothing to actually point to, play or do any talking about.

As we mentioned earlier, we’re already planning the 2012 event, which promises to be even bigger and better. If you fancy coming along then pencil the weekend of 19 - 20 October 2012 into your diaries.

Do you have any particular ideas for our stand for next year? Did any of you buy any wind spinners? Let us know your thoughts in the forums.

bdigital 26th October 2011, 09:40 Quote
I enjoyed it, so thank you.

Il be back next year
godmode 26th October 2011, 10:32 Quote
it was a good show, however you should really extend your thanks further afield as without 1 or maybe 2 stands there wasn't anything we could interact with. we had a chance to learn overclocking and even play BF3 before the yanks. that desk thing was also awesome, the topgear sim was brill I luv'd that. I expected it to be a bit bigger, although it was the first event so that's understandable. all in all a good show and I would come back next year.
Petrol head 26th October 2011, 11:25 Quote
I really enjoyed the show. You guys where great. Can I also apologise to Chris for listening to my ramblings on Saturday. I have now joined the forum on the back of our discussion.

Still working on the picture though.
Petrol head 26th October 2011, 12:11 Quote
I really enjoyed the show. It was great to meet you guys. Thank you Chris on you advise I have now joined the forums.

Still working on the picture
Webby63 26th October 2011, 19:58 Quote
Thanks really enjoyed it. Only way I can see to improve it is to run it every 6 months rather than 12! Also count me in for the cheese cake eating.
Kovoet 26th October 2011, 20:06 Quote
My first and certainly will not be my last. Quite looking forward to next year
yassarikhan786 26th October 2011, 20:30 Quote
I will hopefully be there next year :)
rocket 26th October 2011, 20:46 Quote
i went to lits make it biger next time sandy brige e consept looks good
Mattt 27th October 2011, 16:47 Quote
Were we at the same show? I can think of lots of words to describe this show but wont as they will all be filtered out.
tafkas 27th October 2011, 16:51 Quote
Originally Posted by Mattt

Think I went to the same show as you. It was like a local computer fair and I've had more fun at Currys. Stayed for about an hour and went to the pub. £15 entry (plus the cost of getting there) was a bit of a joke. Shame, I was really looking forward to it
x5pilot 28th October 2011, 10:33 Quote
I drove to the show from Cambridge on the Friday morning with great anticipation.
Have to say it was a total let down...
The show lacked any major exhibitor, eg Microsoft, Intel or a dedicated board builder.
Clearly my expectations were too high - I was expecting something in the line of the old PCW World of the 80s and 90s or perhaps a mini CeBit?
I was hoping that at least Scan would have had a shop where I could buy some discounted items - but all they had was some carefully chosen hardware on the back of a flyer.
Never again LITs - It was the pits!