bit-tech.net

You can still win £730 of hardware with bit-tech

You can still win £730 of hardware with bit-tech

Win yourself some hardware to transform your PC by letting us know what you thought of the IT companies you dealt with this year,

There’s still time to enter the bit-tech and Custom PC Awards Survey, so if you haven’t entered already, follow that link.

As well as being in with a chance to win one of three hardware bundles to transform your PC, you can also let the IT industry know what you think of it. Have you had terrible customer service? Did a retailer treat you particularly well but you forgot to tell them (for shame)?

Let us know your experiences when buying computer hardware over the last year and we’ll do all the naming and shaming for you, while also given the plaudits to those companies that have excelled at their task.

Before listing the prizes, we’ll mention that this competition is only open to UK residents, and that the survey only takes a few minutes to complete. After the survey you’ll have the chance to sign up for the bit-tech and Custom PC newsletter, so you’ll always know what’s going on here.

First prize is a Corsair bundle worth £730. It includes a lightning-fast Force GT 240GB SSD, a hefty HX1050 power supply and 8GB of Vengeance DDR3 memory. That’s a huge upgrade for any PC.

Second prize is a bundle worth £400, kindly offered by Quiet PC. There’s a Zalman GS1200 case, a 700W Nesteq power supply and a 2TB Samsung hard disk to be won.

Third prize is a bundle of hardcore gaming kit from SteelSeries that's worth £250. With the Xai Laser mouse, 5Hv2 headset and 6Gv2 gaming keyboard you’ll be pwning n00bs with the pros.

You can still win £730 of hardware with bit-tech
You stand a chance of winning some of this kit if you enter the bit-tech and Custom PC Awards Survey – do it now!

So, what are you waiting for? Head over to the bit-tech and Custom PC Awards Survey now, and then let us know what you think via the forum. Please post any questions you might have there too, and we’ll aim to answer them for you.

Good luck!

11 Comments

Discuss in the forums Reply
Jipa 16th August 2011, 09:02 Quote
Thank you for stating UK only! (I've given you enough rant and crap for not doing that before, so it's only fair to also thank when it's done ;) )
faugusztin 16th August 2011, 09:09 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jipa
Thank you for stating UK only! (I've given you enough rant and crap for not doing that before, so it's only fair to also thank when it's done ;) )

Still, it would be good to have it in title, something like this :
You can still win £730 of hardware with bit-tech [UK]
You can still win £730 of hardware with bit-tech [EU]
You can still win £730 of hardware with bit-tech [World]
Chris1554 16th August 2011, 09:33 Quote
I'm gonna win! Maybe.. Hopefully.. Naw..
MrJay 16th August 2011, 09:40 Quote
Wait what...im pretty sure ive already done this >.<
Smi 16th August 2011, 09:57 Quote
It's hard to think about what your favourite PSU manufacturer is...it just tends to work and I don't really think about it much...!
jezmck 16th August 2011, 11:38 Quote
Lot of questions there were it was difficult to say, I'm not a gamer for example.
DriftCarl 16th August 2011, 12:38 Quote
I could use an SSD, so prize 1 please.
DbD 16th August 2011, 13:21 Quote
Not a very good survey imo so not sure what the point of filling it in was - and I speak as a gamer and hardware enthusiast who built a new pc from scratch in the last year.

Even the ones I could answer (e.g. best motherboard manufacturer) I wasn't exactly answering from a position of knowledge having not used a motherboard from all those companies in the last year. Then you get to the completely random ones - best breakthrough one was completely off the wall. A list of random companies and random products none of which I had used.
Claave 16th August 2011, 15:32 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by DbD
Not a very good survey imo so not sure what the point of filling it in was - and I speak as a gamer and hardware enthusiast who built a new pc from scratch in the last year.

Even the ones I could answer (e.g. best motherboard manufacturer) I wasn't exactly answering from a position of knowledge having not used a motherboard from all those companies in the last year. Then you get to the completely random ones - best breakthrough one was completely off the wall. A list of random companies and random products none of which I had used.

I can see your point, but the feedback you've hopefully given about the companies you did deal with and how how satisfied you were by the products, service and so on that you did receive is valuable. Thousands of people will enter and do the same, so the end result is a detailed and comprehensive view as to which companies are best and which need to work on what they're doing.

I hope that sheds some light on why we're doing this, and why we think it's important.
PhoenixTank 17th August 2011, 04:13 Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claave
I can see your point, but the feedback you've hopefully given about the companies you did deal with and how how satisfied you were by the products, service and so on that you did receive is valuable. Thousands of people will enter and do the same, so the end result is a detailed and comprehensive view as to which companies are best and which need to work on what they're doing.

I hope that sheds some light on why we're doing this, and why we think it's important.
Normally, I hate surveys with a passion, especially those with prizes attached to lure you into filling out some long arduous form. I didn't object to this one.
Very simple to go through, and provided that the data at the end is indeed valuable/useful, you've rounded off the most important goals for a good survey. I don't wish to sound condescending, in fact think it deserves a thumbs up. It just threw me back a little to when I was taking business studies :)
Jampotp 17th August 2011, 11:18 Quote
over 18's only :'(
Log in

You are not logged in, please login with your forum account below. If you don't already have an account please register to start contributing.



Discuss in the forums