The Dremel Multi-Max MM40 is the company's new oscillating tool.
Dremel has announced a new range of accessories for its recently launched oscillating tools, the Multi-Max MM40 and MM20.
The new range includes a host of cutting blades, a scraper blade and an adapter to allow the new tools to fit on existing Dremel oscillating models. The full list of new accessories is listed below:
- A 10mm flush cut blade MM411 – for precise cuts when installing flooring or wall trim. Can be used on wood, plastic, drywall and other soft materials.
- A metal flush cut blade MM422 – for precise cuts and plunge cuts on non-ferrous metals, wood, plastic, drywall and other soft materials.
- A multi-knife MM430 – offering a powered push and pull cutting solution to cut easily through carpet, cardboard, outdoor turf, asphalt shingles and vinyl tile.
- A jab saw blade MM435 – for straight, curved and plunge drywall cuts
- A wood and drywall saw blade MM450 – for precise cuts in wood, plaster and drywall material
- A wood flush cut blade MM470 – long blade design for fast cutting speed through all kinds of woods. High carbon steel blade for precision cutting.
- A grout removal blade MM501 – for removal of grout between wall and/or floor tiles</li>
- Spiral cutting blades MM721- for making intricate and very detailed cuts and trims for use with the MM720 Multi-Flex attachment only.
- Flat cutting blades MM722 – for general straight cutting through a variety of materials for use only with the MM720 Multi-Flex attachment.
- A universal adapter MM300 – allowing all Multi-Max accessories to fit all current oscillating tools on the market (not compatible with the MM40).
- A rigid scraper blade MM600 – for large area removal of harder materials, such as, vinyl flooring, carpeting and tile adhesives.
- 60 grit diamond paper MM900 – diamond paper accessory for grinding cement, plaster or thin-set mortar and for rough grinding shaping and smoothing of masonry, stone, cement and mortar. Requires MM11 or MM14 hook and loop pad accessory.
- The Multi-Flex MM720 – the first oscillating attachment on the market designed for detailed cutting. This innovative design with the special cutting blades ensures the widest cutting capability of any oscillating tool. Its variety of blades allows for use with wood, metal and plastic. Not compatible with the MM40.
Oscillating tools aren't necessarily the go to for modding jobs given their rather rougher nature and larger size than rotary tools but for larger work and DIY jobs, they're very useful. Cheaper alternatives, such as those by Bosch and Draper, can be found but, particularly given this new range, don't have the range of accessories offered by Dremel.