The case was planned to be much larger than your average console. The sides, front and back are constructed from standard 2mm sheet aluminium, while the top and bottom are made of 5mm aluminium to add some rigidity to the construction. It’s all held together with eight aluminium rods, which are all 6mm in diameter.
Rather than using an off-the-shelf radiator, which would take up a lot of space, I decided to use five small aluminium pipes attached to the backplate. These provide passive cooling, which you can see below in one of the later images. The Wii produces very little heat compared to your average PC.
This worked perfectly with my idea of positioning the Wii in the centre, flanked by two reservoirs - one on each side. If I could modify a small pump, I would be able to hide it under one of the reservoirs too. I went a bit overboard on the first attempt, though, and milled away some of the circuits on the PCB by accident, so I had to buy another one.
I searched the Internet and found a second pump that was so small it only needed a little bit of milling to fit. The EK-MCP 2.2 is quite compact, has enough performance and makes very little noise. This also meant I would have to start over with a new pump-top, but this was no problem as I enjoy machining.