Now, I had a bottom and a top for the case - so it was time to move on to the front. The front was a bit of a puzzle, and it took me many design tests before I finally came up with one that I liked. First thing as always is to mask and cut the piece. And I also had to recess all the screw heads so that they could be hidden from view.
I designed the front so that I could keep the cleanest look possible. I cut a slot for the slot loading DVD-writer and a hole where the stealthed Matrix Orbital GX Typhoon would go. The GX would be totally concealed by a mirror in the front so that it would only be visible when the case is turned on. I also cut strips of black aluminum to hide the screw holes.
At this time I also made the back piece, which was a very simple thing. It just needed holes for the PSU, main board and case fan. I also started to cut the mounting brackets for the LCD and DVD-writer at this stage.
With the internal support brackets complete, the case was already starting to come together. Of course, that just means that it's time to get working on the next phase - the internal parts layout.