bit-tech.net

Extreme Lian Li by Ediejo

The Extreme Lian Li by Ediejo

Hello bit-tech readers!

This is the first time that I've had my work featured on bit-tech, and I'm very happy to showcase my latest mod to you all.

There is a saying in casemod circles that a casemod is never done. I’m sure you will think so too, while reading this worklog. This is really a casemod that continues to grow - literally! This is the final product:

Extreme Lian Li by Ediejo Introduction Extreme Lian Li by Ediejo Introduction
And this is how it came to pass...

The story of the Extreme Lian Li starts back in 2002, when I came upon a case mod by Tom Versteeg, during a local Home Computer Club computer exchange. That man had built one sweet case mod. Back then, I was totally unaware of the phenomenon of case modding. Inspired, I started looking around on the internet, finding new ideas and tips and tricks. I decided to give modding a whirl, and I bought a Lian Li PC70 to make my first case mod.

Kicking off

The first thing I used was some showerhose to sleeve up my system cables, a la Orac3. I also made some chrome junction boxes. I was also inspired by the 2Fast, 2Furious case mod by Neander.

Extreme Lian Li by Ediejo Introduction Extreme Lian Li by Ediejo Introduction
Starting with a chrome theme for the interior, I polished up the drive bays for a little extra bling. I also had the casings for the PSU and the CD-ROM professionally chromed.

Extreme Lian Li by Ediejo Introduction Extreme Lian Li by Ediejo Introduction
Not a bad job, eh?

Extreme Lian Li by Ediejo Introduction Extreme Lian Li by Ediejo Introduction
These are the junction boxes, all set for drilling, wiring and polishing. On the right, the finished articles!

Extreme Lian Li by Ediejo Introduction Extreme Lian Li by Ediejo Introduction
Getting the wiring together was a bit of a nightmare - there was a lot of it! However, with some shower hose cunningness, I think the job came together pretty well.

Extreme Lian Li by Ediejo Introduction Extreme Lian Li by Ediejo Introduction
I glued some tear-drop foil to the inside of the case to give a little bit of an industrial feel. With the first phase done - and the main PC70 interior now decked out shinily - it was time to move on and 'grow' the case a little more.