I had no suitable connectors to hand to connect the fanbus to the Matrix Orbital VFD outputs so I made my own by cutting up an IC base - a socket used on circuit boards into which chips are plugged allowing them to be changed if/when required.
This is the cable I made for testing the unit. The final cable will be fully sleeved and braided. Fortunately I did have a suitable connector for the keypad connector.
Time to put it all together for final testing.
Fanbus in place. Those cables definitely need sorting.
After final testing the cables were remade, sleeved and braided and the whole thing reassembled.