Win with bit-tech and NCsoft!Update: we still have a few codes left!
Haven't you always wanted to be a superhero? Prancing round in tights, spandex, and brightly-coloured hats? No, just me? I don't believe you. Everyone wants to be a superhero, and hundreds of thousands of gamers have been living out the fantasy since City of Heroes launched back in February.
readers will surely know all about CoH. It's a Massively Multiplayer Online game, where you can create a superhero and go battle evil. Like most MMO, there's a huge amount of quests to accomplish. Unlike most other MMOs, CoH already has five
expansions, which have added quests, powers, areas, costumes etc. This makes it one of the fastest growing, and most fun MMOs.
Some of you will know that the sequel to City of Heroes, City of Villains, is due out on Friday, with servers going live on Monday. We'll have a full review of the game in due course, but we've been playing the beta for a couple of months now - and it rocks.
Villains offers integration with Heroes, allowing the two factions to battle it out across the streets of the cities of the countries of the world of the super-people.
This is why we're offering you guys the opportunity to win some coolness!
Villains - mwuhahahah....
So, what can you win, and what do you have to do? Well, number one, you can win some free game-time on City of Heroes. If you haven't tried the game yet, you really should. We're offering 250 European readers
the chance to get two weeks (14 days) of free play on CoH. Like most MMOs, CoH runs a subscription model, and so this competition means you can get a couple of weeks for nothing.
All you have to do is be one of the first 250 people to email email@example.com
with the subject line 'I want to be a Hero!'
, and you get two weeks of free play. Not bad, huh?
But that's not all. The second part of the competition is that we want you to make a video in-game, using a utility like FRAPS, or Hypersnap, or even just by pointing a camera at your screen. The CoH world is freeform, and absolutely huge - there's an awful lot of cool stuff you can do in the game. We want you to make something funny, or cool, using the in-game engine. You can edit it, you can voiceover it, whatever. It might be a story, or a cool trick, or a hilarious combination of circumstances - just amuse us. If you want to club together with your friends who have also nabbed CoH trial codes, then that's cool too.
Whoever - or whichever group - we judge to have made the best video will win free boxed copies of City of Villains and a bunch of NCSoft swag.
Note - Part 2 isn't compulsory. If you just want two weeks of free CoH play, then no problems - enjoy!
So, let's go over that...
It's fairly simple. You decide you want to play City of Heroes for nothing for two weeks. You look around you, and discover you're living in Europe. You email firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line 'I want to be a Hero!'
We pick the first 250 people to do so, and send them out codes for the trial. Those people go and download the City of Heroes client from our dedicated server, and then get playing. Part 1 - sorted.
Part 2 - Those people then work out some cool stuff to do in the game, maybe as a group. Said people make videos using whatever utility they want. Videos get sent in to us using the server we set up, we judge videos. Person or people who make the best video get free copies of City of Villains and some swag, some fame and some glory. Job's a good'un.
So, what are you waiting for? Email email@example.com
We'll update this page when the codes are gone!
Those rules, in full...
- This competition is open to all bit-tech readers in Europe. Apologies to our international brethren!
- The competition for the free play codes will be open until all 250 are gone. When they're gone, they're gone.
- The codes will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Winners of the free play codes will be notified by email, by bit-tech staff, with their code enclosed.
- The City of Heroes game will be provided via a secure download server to the winners.
- The deadline for the videos to be in, if you want to win the free City of Villains swag, is December 1.
- Details as to how to get your video to us will be provided in the winner's email sent out with the free play codes.
- The Editor's decision as to which video wins is final.
- The prize will be shipped to the winner at bit-tech's expense; however any resulting import tax and/or duty will be the responsibility of the winner.
- Questions can be posted in this Forum thread.