Most of you will be familiar with Corsair’s spiky DHX memory cooler so you’ve probably already noticed a slight difference with its latest triple-channel Dominator kit. Not only has Corsair added a third module to support Core i7’s triple-channel memory controller, but it has also updated the DHX cooler to DHX+.
One appealing aspect of this cooler from a modder’s point of view is that the new design sports removable cooling fins. Corsair has already hinted at there being some possible upgrades down the line, and it’s already provided some early engineering samples of a TEC-cooled water block to a select few of the world’s top overclockers for evaluation. However, why wait for Corsair’s engineers to come up with upgrades when you can design and mod you own?
Corsair agrees because it is offering three great prizes for the best, most innovative, funkiest or downright craziest ideas for a replacement to the DHX fins. You can submit your design in any method, from a fully-fledged SketchUp or CAM design to a hand-crafted drawing. The only criteria is that you use your imagination and design something cool (pun not intended)!
The prizes are as follows:
– Corsair Dominator TR3X6G1600C8D, 6GB triple-channel DDR3 memory
– Corsair HX1000W power supply
– 32GB Corsair Flash Voyager USB drive
Entries will be judged by bit-tech
and Corsair and the winning designs will be featured on the site.
To be in with a chance simply email firstname.lastname@example.org
with "Corsair Mod Competition"
in the subject title, and include your design along with your name, address, contact email and phone number. Winners details only will be given to Corsair in order to arrange shipping. If you've got any questions then you can ask in the forums.
This competition closes on Friday 5th December - so get going!
Terms and Conditions
- Emails must be received by 11:59 AM BST Friday 5th December 2008 to qualify.
- Multiple entries will be disqualified - please remember to include your contact details in the email.
- The three winners will be chosen by the judges and informed by email.
- The Judge's decision is final.
- Prizes cannot be swapped for a cash alternative.
- This competition is open to all bit-tech readers worldwide.
- All employees of Dennis Publishing Ltd, Corsair and their families are no eligible for entry.
- All information will only be used or the purposes for picking the winners and shipping the prizes and will be deleted once the competition is over.