With the exception of ATTO
, which we use to measure the performance of a motherboard's SATA controllers, all of our benchmarks use real applications that give you a great idea of how well a product fares when performing the tasks you're likely to want it for.
We test with our own Media Benchmarks
suite which can be downloaded so you can test your own system. It uses a combination of Gimp image editing, H.264 encoding with Handbrake and multi-tasking with 7-zip file compression combined with HD video playback. Finally, for our game testing we benchmark the board running Left 4 Dead 2 and Call of Duty: Black Ops and record the minimum and average frame rates.
Our benchmarks include stable overclocked results too, so you can gauge how much performance potential there is in the motherboard, and how much value this adds to your purchase.
Click to enlarge
- MSI A75MA-G55 (A75)
- ASRock A75 Pro4 (A75)
- 2.9GHz AMD A8-3850 CPU
- 4GB 1,600MHz DDR3 CL8 memory
- Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB SATA hard disk
- PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750W PSU
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- MSI A75MA-G55 - 3.4GHz: 117 HTT x 29 at 1.52V, 1,559MHz DDR3 at CL9
- ASRock A75 Pro4 - 3.04GHz: 105HTT x 29 at 1.5V, 1,400MHz DDR3 at CL9