Overclockers UK Titan Agent 47 ReviewManufacturer: Overclockers UK
UK price (as reviewed): £1,149.99 (inc VAT)
US price (as reviewed):
While there's not much competition in the CPU arena at the moment, AMD offers some compelling alternatives to Nvidia's GPU offerings. Prices are constantly in flux, but there are a couple of areas where AMD is worth considering for bang per buck. The R9 390X outperforms the GTX 970 pretty much across the board, especially at higher resolutions and current deals have it dipping below £300, which is the same price as the Nvidia card too.
Click to enlarge
Overclockers UK has been bold and opted for AMD's sub-£300 flagship Hawaii card in the form of Asus's R9 390X DC3 OC Strix, which sports a 20MHz GPU overclock plus its triple fan dual-slot DirectCU III cooler. It's a beast of a graphics card that stretches to just under 12in in length and it dominates the inside of OCUK's mini-ITX case of choice - NZXT's Manta. It's opted for the red and black version, which looks stunning, and has clearly spent some time on colour-coding too, with red LEDs, a red Raijintek Themis Evo cooler and even the graphics card sporting red details. Aesthetically, you can't get much better without water cooling.
Click to enlarge
This isn't one of the company's 8Pack systems, so there's no crazy overclocks on show, but it still has 4.5GHz Core i5-6600K that's powered by a 1.3V vcore. The CPU cooler makes use of all the space in this small case too - there's just enough room to get the side panel on. With LEDs, two storage drives and a hungry GPU, there are plenty of cables to deal with here so the rear of the motherboard is certainly very busy. However, cable tidying is adequate and as a bonus you get BitFenix Alchemy white braided cables where it matters too.
Click to enlarge
The motherboard of choice is Gigabyte's new Z170N Gaming WiFi, which sports six SATA 6Gbps ports plus an M.2 port and, of course, 802.11ac WiFi. For storage, we've seen quite a bit of variation with recent systems we've looked at. Overclockers UK has a 2TB hard disk along side a 240GB Kingston HyperX Fury SSD. We'd have preferred something a little faster or larger at this price, but we are talking about a mini-ITX system here, and these usually demand a small premium, plus the rest of the specification is leaning towards the premium end of the market too - you get a much more attractive case and more potent graphics card than the larger Fresh Tech Solutions Ultimate Collection 6600K Falcon R, which costs £100 less, for example, as well as the system being considerably smaller.
- CPU Intel Core i5-6600K (overclocked to 4.5GHz)
- CPU cores Four physical
- Memory 8GB (2 x 8GB) 2,400MHz Crucial Ballistix Sport
- Graphics Asus R9 390X DC3 OC Strix
- Storage 1 x 240GB Kingston HyperX Fury SSD (OS), 1 x 2TB 7,200rpm Seagate hard disk
- Motherboard Gigabyte Z170N Gaming WiFi
- PSU Be Quiet! System Power 8 600W
- Optical Drive None
- Cooling Raijintek Themis Evo
- Case / Dimensions (mm) NZXT Manta / 245 x 450 x 426 (W x D x H)
- Networking Gigabit LAN
- Audio 8-channel Realtek ALC1150 (onboard)
- Operating system Windows 10
- Audio and USB Ports 6 x SATA 6Gbps via Intel Z170, 2 x SATA Express, 1 x M.2 PCI-E 3.0 x4 (up to 2280), 1 x USB 3.1 Type-C, 6 x USB 3.0 (4 on rear panel, 2 x via header), 2 x USB 2.0 (via header), 1 x LAN, audio out, line in, mic
- Warranty 3 years (2 year collect and return, 2 years parts, 3 years labour