Asus P5K3 Deluxe Features
- Support for LGA775 Intel Core 2 Quad and Core 2 Duo, including 1333/1066/800FSB and 45nm processors;
- Intel P35 Northbridge;
- Intel ICH9R Southbridge;
- Supports up to 8GB of dual channel DDR3 800, 1066 and 1333MHz FSB, using four 240-pin, 1.5V DDR3 DIMMs;
- Two PCI Express x16 slots (Blue = x16, Black = x4);
- Two PCI Express x1 slots;
- Three 32-bit v2.3 Master PCI bus slots (support 3.3v/5v PCI bus interface);
- One IDE port;
- Six SATA 3Gbps ports supporting RAID 0, 1, 0+1, 5 or JBOD;
- ADI SoundMax ADI1988B High-Definition audio codec supporting 7.1 channel surround sound up to 32-bit/192KHz;
- Two Gigabit Ethernet, one PCI-Express provided by the Marvell 88E8056-NNC1 chipset and another PCI provided by Realtek RTL8110SC;
- Agere FW3227 (FW322 07) IEEE1394a Firewire IC supplying two ports (one on the rear I/O, one through motherboard pins;
- JMB363 IC supplying one PATA port and two 3Gbps eSATA devices;
- Realtek RTL8187L Wireless 802.11g integrated USB adapter;
The Asus Lifestyle features are identical to those in the P5K Deluxe, and you can check them out here
. The only fundamental difference in hardware features is the fact the P5K3 Deluxe uses DDR3.
In The Box
- Six red SATA cables, three of which have 90 degree connectors;
- One black IDE cable;
- One black floppy cable;
- Asus Q-Connector;
- Asus additional fan for heatpipes;
- Wireless antenna;
- Metal rear I/O;
- PCI bracket supporting two USB 2.0 ports and one 6-pin Firewire port;
- WiFi AP Manual, general motherboard manual and driver CD;
The inclusion of 90-degree SATA cables is a genius addition, meaning you can use the three 90-degree ones closest to the edge of the board and the straight ones on the three on the inner side. This is still not really as good as including 90-degree ports on the board, but often these ports don’t include the SATA retainer clip. Having said that, none of the cables included have the SATA retention clip the motherboard sockets support anyway. I suppose it’s nice to have the choice though.
The included wireless antenna means you can put the circular base station anywhere and offers a discrete design with a small footprint. However, it is omni-directional so you won’t get the best performance, but it does allow you to put it anywhere within a metre away from the back of your case.
All the internal ports for USB and Firewire are catered for on a single PCI bracket to maximise space saving, and Asus has included the optional heatpipe fan for additional cooling should you run your system passively or watercooled. The heatpipe arrangement is such as that you need some
airflow over them.