The final result
The case weighs in at about 13Kg with all hardware installed. My old case weights about 33Kg, so it’s a pretty big improvement. I was glad that I hadn't decided to install watercooling!
Here are the system specs, starting with the cooling:
- 92mm Antec fan for intake
- 92mm Papst fan for HD cooling
- 92mm Papst fan on SLK947-U for CPU cooling
- 92mm Zalman fan in tower for exhaust (using Zalmans resistor to reduce noise)
- Zalman NB-47 (Blue one) on NB, and small black HS on SB.
- Chieftec 340W PSU, stripped and modded
- Lite-On 3540A DVD-Writer
- Abit AN7
- AMD 2500+ @ ~2.3GHz (less then optimal case temp prevents it from being overclocked much more)
- Maxtor DiamondMax10 250GB SATA
- HIS 9800PRO ICEQ
- 1GB Corsair 3200XL
I used a total of 128LEDs, plus a few that got burnt along the way.
The final resultInternals: