StarTech.com Announces Extensive USB 3.0 Connectivity Product Line
March 25, 2010 // 1:36 p.m.
New product line includes USB 3.0 interface cards, hubs, cables, hard drive docks and enclosures allowing users to take advantage of SuperSpeed USB 3.0 performance and speed up external storage solutions
Northampton, UK – March, 25 2010 - StarTech.com, a leading manufacturer of hard-to-find connectivity and technology parts has announced the release of a wide selection of USB 3.0 interface cards, hubs, cables, hard drive docks and enclosures, that allow users to harness the distinct performance advantages of the new SuperSpeed USB/USB 3.0 interface.
“Initially, we are releasing USB 3.0 products focusing on applications that would most benefit from the dramatic performance boost offered by the new interface, specifically the transfer rate speeds, such as external storage” said Keith Rodrigues, Senior Product Manager for StarTech.com. “Although USB 2.0 has provided easy connections for such applications, As more and more USB 3.0 devices become available from manufacturers in the coming weeks and months, our product offering will expand as the necessity for USB 3.0 connectivity solutions grows.”
The first release from StarTech.com’s lineup of USB 3.0 products was the USB3SAB6 6ft USB 3.0 Cable (A to B - M/M), which is currently available for purchase from leading technology distributors and resellers (visit startech.com for details).
StarTech.com USB 3.0 product releases that are currently available include:
USB 3.0 Interface Cards:
• The PEXUSB3S2 2 Port PCI Express USB 3.0 Card, which can be installed in a computer PCI Express slot to provide a connection to USB 3.0 compatible devices
• The ECUSB3S2 2 Port ExpressCard USB 3.0 Card, which allows users to add two USB 3.0 connection ports to their ExpressCard-enabled laptop computer.
USB 3.0 External Storage:
• The SATDOCKU3S - a single 2.5”/3.5” USB 3.0 Hard Drive Docking Station – is available in three different configurations, including two versions bundled with a PCI Express USB 3.0 Card and USB 3.0 ExpressCard
• External USB 3.0 Hard Drive Enclosures
USB 3.0 Cables:
• The USB3SAB3 3 ft USB 3.0 Cable (A to B - M/M)
• The USB3SAB10 10 ft USB 3.0 Cable (A to B - M/M)
• The USB3SAA6 6 ft USB 3.0 Cable (A to A - M/M)
• The USB3SEXTAA6 6 ft USB 3.0 Extension Cable (A to A – M/M)
USB 3.0 Hubs and Adapters:
• A USB 3.0 to SATA adapter, which allows for faster data transfers between SATA drives and PCs
• A USB 3.0 Hub, which provides users with more USB 3.0 peripheral connections
StarTech.com’s extensive line of USB 3.0 products is currently available directly from StarTech.com, as well as from leading technology resellers including Dabs.com, Misco, Insight, Dell and Amazon, and is distributed by Ingram Micro and Enta Technologies.
StarTech.com is an ISO 9001:2008 Registered manufacturer of hard-to find connectivity and technology parts including A/V products, computer parts, cables and server management solutions. Founded in 1985, StarTech.com has locations in the United States, Canada, Europe and Taiwan, servicing a worldwide market.
About SuperSpeed USB 3.0
“SuperSpeed” USB technology, also known as USB 3.0, is the most recent Universal Serial Bus standard to be released by the USB 3.0 Promoter Group. It supports data transfer rates of up to 10 times faster than the USB 2.0 version, and is backward compatible with existing USB devices.