Apple announced the iPhone this morning to absolute fangasm.
The iPhone, shipping in June
, seems to be absolutely everything that Apple fanboys were praying it would be.
- 4GB and 8GB capacities
- Widescreen, touchscreen
- OSX operating system
- Music, video, photos, calls, Internet, IM, Email
- 16 hour battery for music, 5 hour talk time / video playback time
- WiFi, Bluetooth, EDGE, GSM, 2MP camera
- Blackberry-esque push email
- Google maps support
- $499 for 4GB and $599 for 8GB with a 2 year Cingular contract
The phone will be launching in the UK by October and in Asia in 2008.
Here at CES, the press are going absolutely crazy, with journalists typing stories and phones going off non-stop with people spreading the news. The place is seriously mental.
Everything is handled by the touch screen - the keypad, cover flow for iTunes music.
For the full idea of what it can do, we recommend you check out the Engadget coverage
of the keynote - it covers pretty much everything, and gives you a sense of Jobs' feel for showmanship!
It's great that the phone is announced, but a 10-month wait? Duuuuuude, that's going to take a long, long while to pass.
Let us know your thoughts on the iPhone over in the forums.