GPG 'flattered' to bring Dungeon Siege 3 to consoles

Written by Joe Martin

August 20, 2010 | 20:48

Tags: #chris-taylor #dungeon-siege #dungeon-siege-3 #gamescom-2010

Companies: #gas-powered-games

GamesCom 2010: Gas Powered Games founder Chris Taylor has said he's flattered to bring Dungeon Siege 3, the latest in the previously PC-exclusive series, to consoles.

Speaking at GamesCom 2010 in Germany, Taylor said he thought the move would only benefit the game as a whole.

"It's really flattering [to have Dungeon Siege III coming to consoles]," Taylor told NowGamer. "It's like, 'wow people like something enough to want to make another one and put it on new platforms."

"Whether we like it or not the PC has become a certain kind of platform for a certain kind of game. On consoles you've got a real accessibility."

"If you don't do anything with an IP, it's lost in obscurity and it's gone. This keeps it in the forefront and that's all good," finished Taylor.

We haven't seen Dungeon Siege 3 at GamesCom for ourselves, so it looks like we'll just have to wait and see if Taylor is right and the game comes out better for the change.

Let us know your thoughts in the forums.
Discuss this in the forums
Mod of the Month May 2019 in Association with Corsair

June 13 2019 | 09:59

TOP STORIES

SUGGESTED FOR YOU