id Software, creators of the DOOM and Quake franchises, are currently recruiting for a "Webmaster and all-around Internet guru".
The position involves typical daily duties coding and updating idsoftware.com
as well as management of the id Online Store
. The successful candidate will also be responsible for administering a number of id game servers as well as offering creative and technical advice on external web projects like individual game sites. Plus have the honour of working for one of the coolest companies in the business.
Interested? You need to meet the following requirements:
- At least 2 years experience developing/coding websites in .php and .html
- Experience running and managing first-person game servers
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of "game community" including fan sites, IRC, message boards, etc.
- Firm grasp of web art creation and management tools
- Strong understanding of computer hardware and software systems
- Adaptability. id is a small company and everyone does a lot of different jobs. You must be comfortable occasionally working long hours, and taking on responsibilities outside of your job description.
- Must already live in Dallas or surrounding areas (or be willing to relocate at your own expense)
If that's you, email a resume, examples of previous/current work, and any references to firstname.lastname@example.org
It's also probably not a good idea to make jokes about id's Media Artist, Patrick Duffy. Though to be fair, the guy does
live in Dallas...
Discuss interview techniques in our News Discussion