Phobya WaCoolT OWL Case Modding Competition
We've just completed our review of the Phobya WaCoolT OWL case
and now Phobya is taking things to a whole new level. In partnership with bit-tech, Phobya is stumping up a whopping €2,250 in prize money for our latest modding competition.
It wants three modders to work their magic on its new WaCoolT OWL case. The modders will get a case free of charge and while you're required to only use Phobya or Alphacool water-cooling hardware, your choice of cooling gear will also be provided. All you have to do is build the rest of the PC and mod as if your life depended on it.
The top project as voted for by our readers, will also bag the top prize of €1,500, with second place nabbing €500 and third place €250. Combined with three €480 cases and some serious water-cooling hardware, this will be one the craziest modding competitions of 2015.
To enter, we want you to submit your mod design for Phobya's case. Whether you spray it, engrave it, clad it in acrylic or simple pack it full of hardware and water-cooling gear, you need to make a drawing or render of your design and send it to us.
The designs will then go in for a vote here on bit-tech. The top voted project will go through as one of the three entrants to receive all the above gear, with the other two being picked by bit-tech and Phobya.
- You need to have one or more completed projects that are water-cooled and preferably modded. These don't need to be listed on bit-tech but you need to have demonstrable proof that you're able to mod a case and use water-cooling gear.
- The competition is open worldwide
- Winners in certain locations may be required to loan their systems to Phobya for showcasing at exhibitions.
- The system needs to include at least two graphics cards
- You need to have at least one completed, water-cooled and modded case mod or scratchbuild.
Deadlines and hardware:
- You can only use Phobya or Alphacool-branded water-cooling gear. However, Phobya and Aquatuning will provide whatever water-cooling hardware you need for the project as well as the case, but you'll need to provide the hardware. This can be done through sponsorship and bit-tech and Aquatuning will try to help with this - we can discuss this individually once the build phase starts.
- The design stage finishes at 11pm UK time on Sunday 29th March - at which time you need to submit four drawings or renders of your case mod design plus a 100-300 word description via email to us, with Phobya Case Competition in the subject line.
- After 29th March you'll then have four months until 31st July to complete your project.
That's it! If you have any questions feel free to ask in the comments below and don't forget to submit your drawing or renders by 29th March. Good luck!