BARCELONA, Spain — February 11, 2011 — Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ: QCOM), a leading developer and innovator of advanced wireless technologies, products and services, today announced that it will showcase some of the latest innovations and ideas that are enabling access, control and interaction with the digital world during the GSMA Mobile World Congress 2011 (Booth 8B53, Hall 8), Feb. 14-17 in Barcelona. The Company’s demonstrations will feature next-generation mobile technologies and services designed to drive today’s and the future’s most advanced mobile devices and experiences. Highlights of the exhibit include LTE Advanced, HSPA+ Advanced, augmented reality, devices based on the Snapdragon™ mobile computing platform, WiPower™ and the Internet of Everything Module (IEM) design for enabling the “Internet of Everything.”
“Qualcomm is committed to driving ideas that make a difference in transforming the way individuals and communities live, work and play,” said Bill Davidson, senior vice president of global marketing and investor relations. “We’re excited to showcase some of the most advanced innovations in the wireless space, demonstrating how the proliferation of connected devices will enable a personal ‘Internet of Everything’.”
Qualcomm will host a press and analyst briefing on Tuesday, Feb. 15 from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., in Hall 2, Sala A. Company executives will discuss Qualcomm’s latest news announcements.
Qualcomm’s technology exhibits and live demonstrations during the conference will include:
* Demonstrating the latest next generation network solutions from HSPA+ to LTE and beyond
* New dual-CPU smartphones and tablets by Acer, ASUS, Compal Communications Inc. and Hewlett-Packard as well as many of the 75+ commercially available Snapdragon-enabled devices
* The latest features and capabilities based on Qualcomm’s new Dual-CPU MSM8660 showcasing:
o Stereoscopic 3D games and videos
o Live Stereoscopic 3D video capture and playback
o Full internet browsing including desktop-like HTML5 Video & True-HD Flash 10 support
o Console quality games by lead game developers
o Asynchronous Dual-CPU performance advantages
* Ecosystem partner demonstrations highlighting how applications work better on Snapdragon processors including:
o Netflix: Streaming DRM protected content on Android, enabled by Qualcomm’s turnkey SecureMSM™ for Snapdragon
o ooVoo: first multi-party, 720p high definition mobile video chat
o New games by leading game publishers
* HDOn: Latest high-definition wideband technology gives operators an opportunity to offer high-quality voice to mobile users on their circuit switched 2G/3G, and even 4G networks with minimal investment to upgrade
· Xiam: Recommendation technology and new Haystack end user application aimed at recommending mobile apps and content based on user preferences
* 3G femtocells: A highlight of femtocell products and enhancements in interference management techniques
* Augmented reality: Exhibiting a variety of new vision-based augmented reality applications, blending a 3D experience with a view of the real world
* FlashLinq: A new radio interface that enables efficient proximate discovery and communications, allowing continuous awareness of relevant device services
* Demonstrating commercial devices with 3G IEM design
* RaptorQ: A state-of-the-art, software based forward error correction (FEC) technology allowing error-free data transfer over unreliable connections
* Showcasing a variety of Snapdragon-enabled devices
* Gaming and entertainment ecosystem
* WiPower: Exhibit will allow show attendees to wirelessly charge their consumer electronic devices
* Hughes Telematics: Demonstrating a variety of “connected services” for consumers in their vehicles
* Peiker: Showcasing the automotive grade Network Access Device (NAD)
* Demonstrating how the optimised integration of hardware, software and smart data services can be combined for enhanced personalised user experiences
* mirasol® displays: Latest in low-power display technology
* Wireless health: Showcasing a variety of different wireless health solutions integrating wireless and 3G technologies from Telcare, Zephyr, Great Connection, Lifecomm and Independa
* Wireless Reach™: Demonstrating how wireless technology can empower underserved communities around the world
* Skifta™: Exhibiting the first DLNA Certified® software/service for turning Android phones into global remote controls
* Demonstrating Pay-How-You-Drive and driver safety end-to-end solutions and services for the car insurance market and transport and logistics industry
Chairman and CEO Dr. Paul E Jacobs will participate in the “Connecting the Dots - A 360° View on Consumer Electronics” keynote on Wednesday, Feb. 16 from 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. in Auditorium 1, Hall 5. Other Qualcomm executives also will discuss wireless industry trends during the following speaking sessions:
· Colm Healy, vice president and general manager of Xiam Technologies Ltd., a Qualcomm company, will speak during “Making Apps Smarter” on Monday, Feb. 14 from 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. in Auditorium 2, Hall 5.
· Clint McClellan, senior director of business development, will speak during “mWellness – Remote Monitoring & Preventive Care” on Monday, Feb. 14 from 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. in Hall 5, Room 6.
· Rasmus Hellberg, director of technical marketing, will speak during the mobile broadband seminar on HSPA+ on Monday, Feb. 14 from 1 – 2:30 p.m. in the GSMA seminar theater, Hall 7.
· Nagraj Kashyap, vice president of Ventures, will speak during “Augmented Reality: Is Reality Ready to be Augmented?” on Tuesday, Feb. 15 from 4 – 5 p.m. in Hall 5, Room 5.
· Reiner Klement, vice president of product management, will speak during the LTE Forum at App Planet on Wednesday, Feb. 16 from 10:30 – 11am in Upper Village, Hall 7.
· Vieri Vanghi, senior director of technical marketing, will speak during “Building the Mobile Broadband Ecosystem for 1800MHz band – the market opportunity for HSPA and LTE” on Thursday, Feb. 17 from10 – 11:30 a.m. in Hall 2, Sala D.
· Enrico Salvatori, senior vice president and general manager of Qualcomm CDMA Technologies Europe, will speak during “Future Architecture, Technology and Application Enablers Roadmap” on Thursday, Feb. 17 from 4 – 4:20 p.m. in Hall 5, Auditorium 2.
Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ: QCOM) is a world leader in 3G and next-generation mobile technologies. For 25 years, Qualcomm ideas and inventions have driven the evolution of wireless communications, connecting people more closely to information, entertainment and each other. Today, Qualcomm technologies are powering the convergence of mobile communications and consumer electronics, making wireless devices and services more personal, affordable and accessible to people everywhere. For more information, visit Qualcomm around the Web:
Corporate Blog: www.qualcomm.com/blog