Catapult Gaming into Another Dimension
ASUS Launch G51J 3D – The World’s First Gaming Notebook with NVIDIA® 3D Vision Technology
ASUS have announced the world’s first notebook with the unique NVIDIA® 3D Vision technology – delivering a whole new world of 3D graphics, sound and immersive play to gamers both at home and on the move.
“NVIDIA® is excited about the world’s first 3D Vision notebook coming from ASUS,” said Phil Eisler, General Manager of 3D Vision business unit at NVIDIA®. “The ASUS G51J 3D notebook will set the standard by which gaming and 3D notebooks will be judged. Congratulations to ASUS for achieving this monumental milestone!”
Until the 31st March 2010, all new purchases of the G51J 3D will be bundled with a voucher enabling customers to download the Avatar 3D game for free, courtesy of NVIDIA®.
The G51J 3D will be available from February 2010 at an SRP of £1,699 inc. VAT from a range of retailers and etailers including: Platinum Solutions on London’s Tottenham Court Road, www.ebuyer.com
, www.asuslaptop.co.uk, www.Simplyasus.com
, www.play.com, www.amazon.co.uk
The world’s first gaming notebook with NVIDIA® 3D Vision takes users to the peak of immersive gaming experiences:
* NVIDIA® 3D Vision technology generates a whole new outlook which catapults gamers from flat 2D worlds into staggering 3D environments.
* The wireless 3D Vision™ active-shutter glasses and wide-range infrared emitter deliver stereoscopic images with clarity, brightness and depth-of-field (DOF), and with over 40 hours of life between charges will sustain even the most relentless gamer. With virtually no viewing angle restriction and a range of 15 feet, the G51J 3D set-up allows total freedom of movement during gameplay.
* The GPU driver and a full resolution 120Hz 3D panel render each image twice and send up to 60 images evenly to each eye (a total of up to 120 images at any single time). This advanced technology provides noticeably better text clarity against 60Hz outputs, and eliminates ghosting/interlace issues to provide a seamless 3D experience far more superior to competitor technologies utilising the polarized film and glasses technique.
* With the ability to convert standard games to 3D and support for Direct X 9/10/11, enjoyment is massively accessible – with over 400 games that work out-of-the-box with 3D Vision – including recent releases Resident Evil® 5, Borderlands™, World of Warcraft®: Wrath of the Lich King™, Batman®: Arkham Asylum™ and Star Trek® D-A-C.
* The experience is not limited to gaming fanatics – the integrated Blu-ray drive means users can also enjoy 3D movies on the G51J 3D.
Exceptional audio technologies extend the 3D vision from the eyes to the ears for a fully engaging and unrivalled gaming sensation:
* EAX Advanced HD 4.0 3D audio technology enhances in-game scenarios by providing corresponding 3D sounds from a library of 64 additional sound effects
* CMSS Surround Sound produces ultra-realistic spatial surround sound for over 300 compatible games with up to 7 virtual channels - placing gamers in the middle of the action.
* High fidelity Altec Lansing® speakers for the ultimate precision.
Engineering innovation and mind-blowing graphics at incredible speeds will exceed even the most demanding gamers expectations:
* The integration of the supreme NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 260M graphics card into a 15.6” notebook has previously been an impossible task, but ASUS engineers have cleverly circumvented the issues to produce the first-of-its-kind G51J3D gaming notebook.
* Owed to 1GB DDR3 onboard video memory, the G51J 3D reached a 3DMark®06 score of well over 11,000 – a significant leap from other 15-16 inch notebooks on the market today.
* The Intel® Core™ i7 processor gives the G51J 3D a performance boost through quad core technology – working in tandem with the operation system and applications for high performance and multitasking superiority even whilst on the move.
Available online at: www.tru-pr.co.uk/press/clients/asus/ASUSG51J3DPRFinal.pdf
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era, with an extensive product portfolio that includes notebooks, netbooks, motherboards, graphics cards, displays, optical drives, desktop PCs, servers, wireless solutions, mobile phones and networking devices. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, ASUS designs and manufactures products that perfectly meet the needs of today's digital home, office and person. ASUS won 3,268 awards in 2009, and is widely credited with revolutionizing the PC industry with the Eee PC™. With a global staff of more than ten thousand and a world-class R&D design team, the company's revenue for 2008 was 8.1 billion U.S. dollars. ASUS ranks among BusinessWeek's InfoTech 100, and has been on the listing for 12 consecutive years.
ASUS notebooks have changed the face of the consumer electronics market place with the introduction of highly original and ground breaking notebooks including the Eee PC™ family and the Lamborghini range.
Over a remarkably short period of time ASUS has become one of the top laptop manufacturers worldwide creating compelling computer experiences that have delighted consumers across the world. ASUS are the Fastest Growing Laptop Brand in Europe and ASUS sales are outstripping manufacturers who traditionally dominated the market.