New thermal technology enables even better performance as demanded by PC gaming and overclocking enthusiasts worldwide
January 25, 2010 – ASUS has launched an entire range of DirectCU II-enhanced graphics cards that include the latest technologies from both AMD® and NVIDIA® GPU rosters. On the AMD® side, ASUS offers the HD 6970 and HD 6950 graphics cards with DirectCU II while for NVIDIA®, the GTX 580, GTX 570 and new GTX 560 Ti all ship with the advanced cooling technology.
Based on ASUS DirectCU, which uses copper heat pipes in direct contact with the GPU core for up to 20%* cooler performance, DirectCU II adds a custom cooler that uses twin 100mm fans for a massive 600%* increase in airflow on HD 6970, HD 6950, GTX 580, and GTX 570 DirectCU II cards. ASUS has also launched the GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II TOP graphics card with dual 80mm fans for the best performance in its segment through doubled air power.
The new DirectCU II graphics cards also include exclusive ASUS Super Alloy Power technology, which uses a unique alloy formula in power components such as chokes, capacitors, POSCAPs and MOSFETs to ensure a 15%* performance boost, 35°C* cooler operation and 2.5* times longer lifespan. In addition, ASUS over-volting utility Voltage Tweak allows gamers to realize the full potential of their PC’s graphics performance with an easy to use and intuitive user interface.
The newly-arrived GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II graphics card from ASUS uses specially-selected TOP GPUs clocked at 900MHz by default, representing a huge 80MHz overclock over reference. This indulges hardcore overclocking demands out of the box, something gamers around the world eagerly anticipate.
• ASUS exclusive cooling technology DirectCU has pioneered the use of 100% copper heat pipes that come in direct contact with the GPU core, removing the metal shielding usually used between the core and the cooler in traditional graphics card designs. Compared to reference graphics cards, DirectCU models have shown up to 20%* lower temperatures under load.
• New DirectCU II technology is an evolution of the DirectCU concept. In addition to the copper heat pipes, it includes a custom cooler fitted with two 80mm or 100mm sound-dampened fans. Unlike other graphics card cooling systems that sacrifice fan size and airflow to maintain quiet operation, the quality engineering of DirectCU II technology makes it capable of deploying two large fans that still remain quiet and unobtrusive. Testing has shown DirectCU II results in up to 600%* greater airflow and up to 20%* cooler operation than respective reference designs. This massive increase in cooling translates into an immediate performance gain, as the card can take on heavier loads. Users can also overclock the hardware further thanks to higher tolerances and lower temperatures.
• Super Alloy Power technology is based on proprietary research and development of a unique alloy formula in critical power delivery components. Used in chokes, capacitors, POSCAPs and MOSFETs, Super Alloy Power technology boosts graphics card performance by 15%*, lowers operating temperatures by 35°C*, and lengthens lifespan by 2.5 times* when compared to reference designs. With added POSCAPs providing the most efficient power supply possible, DirectCU II graphics cards gain 28%* greater stability during overclocking.
• All of the new DirectCU II graphics cards cater to the needs of power users wishing to experiment with radical overclocking and performance enhancement. Each ships with exclusive overvolting utility Voltage Tweak, which allows modification of the card’s power delivery for up to 50%* faster clock speeds.
• The ASUS GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II TOP features specially-selected and factory overclocked cores for maximized performance at 900MHz, an 80MHz gain over generic core clock speeds, which guarantees premium overclocking experiences for gamers.
Model ENGTX580 DCII/2DIS/1536MD ENGTX570 DCII/2DIS/1280MD ENGTX560 Ti DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 ENGTX560 Ti DCII/2DI/1GD5 EAH6970 DCII/2DI4S/2GD5 EAH6950 DCII/2DI4S/2GD5
Graphics engine NVIDIA® GeForce®
GTX 580 NVIDIA® GeForce®
GTX 570 NVIDIA®
GTX 560 Ti NVIDIA® GeForce®
GTX 560 Ti AMD
Radeon HD 6970 AMD
Radeon HD 6950
Bus standard PCI Express® 2.0 PCI Express® 2.1
Video memory 1536MB GDDR5 1280MB GDDR5 1GB GDDR5 1GB GDDR5 2GB GDDR5
Engine clock 782MHz 742MHz 900MHz 830MHz 890MHz 810MHz
CUDA cores/ Stream processors 512 512 384 384 1536 1408
Memory Clock 4008MHz (1002MHz GDDR5) 3800MHz (950MHz GDDR5) 4200MHz (1050MHz GDDR5) 4000MHz (1000MHz GDDR5) 5500MHz (1375MHz GDDR5) 5000MHz (1250MHz GDDR5)
Memory interface 384-bit 320-bit 256-bit 256-bit 256-bit 256-bit
DVI max resolution 2560 x 1600
D-Sub max resolution 2048 x 1536
D-Sub output x1 via DVI-to-D-sub adapter
DVI output DVI-I x2 DVI-I x1, DVI-D x1
HDCP compliant Yes
HDMI output HDMI x1 HDMI x1 Mini HDMI x1 Mini HDMI x1 x1 via DVI-to-HDMI adapter
DisplayPort x1 x1 - - x4
Adapters - DVI-to-D-Sub adapter x1 - DVI-to-D-Sub adapter x 1 - Mini HDMI-to-HDMI adapter x1 - Mini HDMI-to-HDMI adapter x1 - DVI-to-HDMI adapter x1 - DVI-to-HDMI adapter x1
- Exclusive 12cm SLI bridge x1 - Exclusive 12cm SLI bridge x1 - DVI-to-D-Sub adapter x1 - DVI-to-D-Sub adapter x1 - CrossFire bridge x1 - CrossFire bridge x1
- 8-pin to 6-pin power cable x1 - Power cable x2 - Power cable x2 - Power cable x1 - Power cable x1
Software ASUS utilities and driver
Dimensions 11.5” x 5.0” x 2.0” 9.0” x 4.4” x 1.58” 9.0” x 4.4” x 1.58” 9.0” x 4.4” x 1.58” 11.5” x 5.0” x 2.0” 11.5” x 5.0” x 2.0”
Notes For optimized cooling, these models require 2.5 expansion slots. Please check your motherboard and case for space availability prior to installing these graphics cards in SLI mode. For optimized cooling, these models require 2.5 expansion slots. Please check your motherboard and case for space availability prior to installing these graphics cards in CrossFire mode.
Product specifications and features may change without prior notice. Check www.asus.com
for further details.
ASUS, the world’s top 3 consumer notebook vendor and the maker of the world’s best selling and most award winning motherboards, is a leading enterprise in the new digital era. ASUS designs and manufactures products that perfectly meet the needs of today's digital home, office and person, with a broad portfolio that includes motherboards, graphics cards, displays, desktop PCs, notebooks, netbooks, servers, multimedia, wireless solutions, networking devices and mobile phones. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, ASUS won 3,398 awards in 2010, and is widely credited with revolutionizing the PC industry with the Eee PC™. With a global staff of more than ten thousand people and a world-class R&D team of 3,000 engineers, the company's revenue for 2010 was around US$10 billion.