AMD Athlon™ II Processors Pair with AMD Desktop Platforms to Deliver Enhanced Value for Multi-Core and Low-Power PCs
— AMD extends mainstream processor family, offers consumers an affordable experience fully optimized for Microsoft® Windows® 7 and the latest sleek desktop designs—
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- Oct. 20, 2009
* AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced several new AMD Athlon™ II processors that offer outstanding performance and low power consumption, while enabling sleek desktop PC designs and attractive price points.
* In addition to the standard power processors, the full AMD Athlon II processor family now delivers high-performance, low-power dual-, triple- and quad-core processors to meet a range of computing needs. This variety and value enables OEMs and system builders to develop compelling PC solutions that address the market shift to power efficient, innovative PC designs optimized for Windows 7.1
* As PCs become increasingly affordable, many households are investing in second and third PCs to perform specific roles for individual family members. With the consumption of multimedia such as video and gaming – both online and offline - continuing to rise, AMD’s Mainstream Desktop Platforms enable a superior visual experience for consumers.
* AMD low power desktop solutions help leading OEMs such as Acer, Dell, HP and Lenovo design PCs with low energy consumption, reduced heat and noise, all in sleeker consumer devices.
* The AMD Athlon II processor family delivers a superior competitive value for mainstream consumers in productivity, HD video, slideshow, and 3D gaming tasks.
o The AMD Athlon™ II X2 240e processor performs up to 70 percent better in media and entertainment benchmarks and delivers a processor cost saving of over $40 when compared to the Intel Core 2 Duo E7400, and enables a range of unique All-in-One and small form factor chassis.
o With its additional cores, the AMD Athlon II X3 435 processor delivers processor cost savings of over $100 while providing up to 75 percent better media and entertainment performance when compared to the Intel Core 2 Duo E8500.
AMD Athlon™ II X4 605e
AMD Athlon™ II X4 600e
AMD Athlon™ II X3 435
AMD Athlon™ II X3 425
AMD Athlon™ II X3 405e
AMD Athlon™ II X3 400e
AMD Athlon™ II X2 240e
AMD Athlon™ II X2 235e
· Get more information and detail on these new processors and platform from the press kit
· Follow AMD Desktop news on Twitter at @AMDDesktop
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit www.amd.com
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, ATI, the ATI logo, AMD Athlon, Radeon, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Microsoft, Windows, and Windows Vista are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.