Corsair has released a new mid-tower case - the Carbide SPEC Alpha
The case offers more colour combinations than we're used to with Corsair's cases with three to choose from - red and black, red and white and grey and black.
Internally the case appears to have a standard layout, with three 120mm fans included as standard plus a three-speed fan controller to fine-tune them to your needs.
The case also features what Corsair calls Direct Airflow Path - presumably there's nothing standing between the front intake fans and your CPU and GPU. There's no information on 3.5in hard disk mounts, but the press release does mention space for four SSDs.
The case's drive mounts are tool-free and Corsair claims it can house a 240mm radiator in the front of the case too, although there's no word on how large a radiator you can squeeze inside.
Here's the rest of the official press release:
- Bold Exterior Design with LED fans: You’ll never mistake it for anything else – the asymmetrical, hard-edged design of the SPEC-ALPHA and its numerous color combinations give it a bold, unique look, and the front LED fans can be viewed through the front air intakes for a glimpse of the performance within.
- Direct airflow path to keep your CPU and GPU running cooler: Modern systems don’t need tons of drive cages in the airflow path. By removing the 5.25” drive cage, the SPEC-ALPHA has a direct path from the front intake to the two hottest components – your CPU and GPU, which can result in better, more efficient cooling.
- Large side panel window to show off your hardware: Why hide it? All that performance hardware you built your rig with is looks great, so why not take a look at it through the huge side panel window?
- Three included 120mm fans and built-in three-speed fan controller: Two front LED fans and a rear fan provide excellent airflow, and the built-in fan controller lets you decide exactly how much cooling you need with the flick of a switch.
- Cable routing cutouts and tie downs: Nobody wants to see a rat’s nest of cables, so the SPEC-ALPHA has cutouts and tie-downs behind the motherboard tray to keep your cable routing neat and tidy – and out of the airflow path for better cooling.
- Easy to Build: Tool-free drive installation and side panel removal mean you can spend less time building your PC and more time gaming with it.
- Front 240mm radiator compatibility: Upgrade to the power of liquid cooling for your CPU or GPU with up to a 240mm hydro series cooler in front of the case.
- Native USB 3.0 and SSD support for modern builds: Whether it be a new external drive for storage or a new SSD for your OS or games, rest assured the SPEC-ALPHA is ready for anything you throw at it.
Available in three distinct color options – black and red, black and grey and white and red, SPEC-ALPHA offers sophisticated angled styling whichever version you choose.
Originally announced at CES 2016, the Carbide Series SPEC-ALPHA is now available with an MSRP of $79.99 from Corsair’s worldwide network of retailers and distributors and is backed by a comprehensive two-year warranty and Corsair’s worldwide customer support network. You can see more information here